2023 Offseason Thread!

jayu70

Posted (edited)

Guaranteed Contracts: $162 million
1. Trae
2. DJ (extension eligible for up to 140% of current contract)
3. Dre
4. JC
5. CC
6. Bogi
7. OO (extension eligible)
8. JJ
9. Bey (extension eligible)
10. AJ

11. Bruno

Unguaranteed Contracts: $12 million
12.  Vit
13. Tyrese
14. Garrison

Two-Way Players: 

Trent Forest and Donovan Williams

Free Agent: Aaron Holiday

2 Picks: #15 and #46

Edited by jayu70

• jayu70 changed the title to 2023 Offseason Thread!

CC and JC would seem like the most likely guys on the move. 

My all-encompassing wish list of players via trade or free agency is as follows:

Star level

Zion - only if you're buying low and retain enough that you can still be functional without him

Kawhi - same principle as Zion

Jaylen Brown - not happening, but it's a nice thought

*Didn't include guys like Dame who just aren't sensible fits next to Trae

Good/solid #3-4 options

OG Anunoby - unlikely given how inflated his value seems to be, but an ideal piece if you could actually get him at a reasonable price

Jerami Grant

Cam Johnson

Tobias Harris - he'd be massively overpaid for that first year, but probably reasonably paid on a new deal afterwards... he'd be a 4 who provides more natural spacing 

High-end supporting pieces

Alex Caruso

Dorian Finney-Smith

Caleb Martin

Reggie Bullock

Luke Kennard

Wow. Will be interesting to see if he lands a job elsewhere this cycle or takes a year off. 

The Bucks are at an interesting crossroads with their roster. Among their rotation players this year, Lopez and Ingles are 35, Holiday is 32 (and apparently only plans to play a couple more years), and Middleton is 31. They could try to run it back with the same core for one more run, but my guess is one or both of Middleton and Holiday will be dealt to try to get younger. Lopez is probably much more valuable to them than he would be on the trade market, so I think they will hold on to him. 

It won't happen and Kyrie would never sign off on it, but I think a straight sign-and-trade swap of Jrue and Kyrie would actually help both the Bucks and the Mavs.

1 hour ago, Expert Poster said:

Wow. Will be interesting to see if he lands a job elsewhere this cycle or takes a year off. 

The Bucks are at an interesting crossroads with their roster. Among their rotation players this year, Lopez and Ingles are 35, Holiday is 32 (and apparently only plans to play a couple more years), and Middleton is 31. They could try to run it back with the same core for one more run, but my guess is one or both of Middleton and Holiday will be dealt to try to get younger. Lopez is probably much more valuable to them than he would be on the trade market, so I think they will hold on to him. 

It won't happen and Kyrie would never sign off on it, but I think a straight sign-and-trade swap of Jrue and Kyrie would actually help both the Bucks and the Mavs.

If it was on Kyrie the player.  Done deal.  Since you get Kyrie the headache also.  I do not see the Bucks going it.  

2 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

If it was on Kyrie the player.  Done deal.  Since you get Kyrie the headache also.  I do not see the Bucks going it.  

Yeah, that's one of the main reasons why I think it wouldn't happen. From a pure basketball standpoint, he'd be a great #2 scorer for them, although the perimeter defense would suffer with no Jrue. 

On 5/4/2023 at 7:06 PM, Expert Poster said:

I see him taking some time away for a season or two. 

I know I would just so I can pick my landing spot better and recharge.

58 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

I think Doc gets canned after this series, barring an unexpected turnaround.

My uneducated guesses would be Nick Nurse to Philly and either Kenny Atkinson or Charles Lee taking over the Bucks. 

So you think Kenny would leave Phoenix? 

Doc is gone.  A lot of heavy hitters are/were available this offseason. Monty, Doc, Nick Nurse, Snyder, Udoka, Bud, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if some coaches get fire preemptively to grab one of these guys.  ( minus Udoka and Snyder since they are already taken). 

Now that we have Snyder does anyone wish we waited for someone else? I think we still got the best coach available, especially with our squad and how we are constructed. 

8 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Doc is gone.  A lot of heavy hitters are/were available this offseason. Monty, Doc, Nick Nurse, Snyder, Udoka, Bud, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if some coaches get fire preemptively to grab one of these guys.  ( minus Udoka and Snyder since they are already taken). 

Now that we have Snyder does anyone wish we waited for someone else? I think we still got the best coach available, especially with our squad and how we are constructed. 

I was just about to say, the best two on that list are no longer available.

And I think they are the best by far of this group! 

10 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

I'm just glad Wemby is going to a team in the West. If he lives up to the hype, I have no interest in having to contend with him in the East. 

He would’ve been a nice piece to come here. 

Maybe we can still find a decent young guy with length that we can develop now that we have a staff that is built for that. 

being dominant in the Middle is Boston’s Achilles as it takes away those drives by Brogdan, Brown as well as Tatum. WHEN Embiid did show up he ran those dudes out of the lane!