TAYLORRRR

1 minute ago, chifalc said:

He’s no worse than Mariota and with a combination of Mariota and rider we were 7-10 last season.  The surrounding team will,be more talented this season.  Your take makes no sense.

So where will we finish then ? 10 wins ? Ridder will get you nothing but a top 5 pick let’s revisit this next year I was the same person who said take a QB years ago and guess what we haven’t sniffed the playoffs in 6 years 

3 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

So where will we finish then ? 10 wins ? Ridder will get you nothing but a top 5 pick let’s revisit this next year I was the same person who said take a QB years ago and guess what we haven’t sniffed the playoffs in 6 years 

You still haven’t explained how we will end with a worse record with a team that is better everywhere else and not worse at quarterback than last season.  I’m waiting.

41 minutes ago, RYNE said:

It’s hard to explain. I’m sure people will not get it. Because he is too good of a backup. Probably good enough to be the starter of this team at this time. BUT not good enough in my opinion to win anything meaningful. He isn’t a qb that’s elevating a team to a championship. He doesn’t have any upside that Ridder could/possibly have. 

Sounds like you just described LJ

Basically the same deal we gave Mariota but we're getting a much better QB. 

The Falcons are signing former Washington Commanders QB Taylor Heinicke, NFL Network Insiders Ian Rapoport and Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday, per sources informed of the situation. NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero added that the pact is a two-year deal worth up to $20 million, per a source.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Guys are pretty excited about a very average QB with a career 85.7 QB rating. He was born in Atlanta so I guess that's something.

I am but I am also a homer with this signing. I think he will do good in AS scheme. He is going to be your tweener guy as a QB1/QB2 but I think he solidly fits that mold and I think the signing also proves that AS doesn't require a perennial elite QB to run his scheme as well

Just now, chifalc said:

You still haven’t explained how we will end with a worse record with a team that is better and not worse at above than last season.  I’m waiting.

Because Mariota as trash as he was is still a veteran .. Ridder will make rookie mistakes .. Trevor Lawrence for however good he is and you can say Urban Meyer blah blah he won 3 games as a rookie .. look at the landscape of the league only Cardinals , Colts , Titans , and Texans have worst odds to win the SB than us and 2 of them will have rookies starting Cardinals QB is hurt and Titans well they just suck . That’s our reality boys

Just now, JetJones11 said:

Because Mariota as trash as he was is still a veteran .. Ridder will make rookie mistakes .. Trevor Lawrence for however good he is and you can say Urban Meyer blah blah he won 3 games as a rookie .. look at the landscape of the league only Cardinals , Colts , Titans , and Texans have worst odds to win the SB than us and 2 of them will have rookies starting Cardinals QB is hurt and Titans well they just suck . That’s our reality boys

I would think with as long as you've been here (4 years now), you wouldn't make this kind of "rookie mistake" either, yet here we are.

Just now, JetJones11 said:

Ok.  You are looking silly.  I think just about nobody who knows a thing about football expects that we are going to end up one of the four or five worst teams in the nfl next season.  Even you know that’s a ridiculous take.

21 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Not a hot take .. QB is the most important factor into winning 49ers historically great defense, their QB goes down in NFCCG all of a sudden the team looks average and they lose.

What starting QB is Ridder better than right now ?

Russell Wilson, Davis Mills, Matt Ryan, Zach Wilson, Matt Stafford, Kyle Trask, Sam Howell

2 minutes ago, Thiccolas Cage said:

I am but I am also a homer with this signing. I think he will do good in AS scheme. He is going to be your tweener guy as a QB1/QB2 but I think he solidly fits that mold and I think the signing also proves that AS doesn't require a perennial elite QB to run his scheme as well

Sure whatever helps the team win. But I remember some folks getting super excited saying the only way this team can win is with Lamar Jackson or some highly rated top 5 pick QB. 

Heinicke is a UDFA from Old Dominion. I sure hope he doesn't beat out Ridder, one of the more successful QB's in college history.

With what we had going on at QB this past season and the number of games we won, I have zero doubt that Mr. Hankey can win games for this team. 

This was the perfect QB signing for us. A guy who can help Ridder develop and/or win right now if that doesn't happen and provide a more than capable bridge until we do find that guy.

46 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

That seals any trade up in the first to get a QB talk now. It's Ridder time.

Gone is the narrative that, at some point, AS and TF would go crawling to LJ and offer him our CAP for the next five years.

Blown are the hopes of the LJ cleat-lickers that Ridder would be relegated to QB2 even before TC started. May these poor tortured souls find rest in their new Ravens fanhood. :slick:

4 minutes ago, JetJones11 said:

Morning drinking?