Terry Fontenot And Company Into Drafting Player From The State Of Georgia..

I don’t care where they come from. I’d prefer they play and start at a winning P5 program. I’d selfishly prefer the Falcons be more open to Big12 players because that’s the league closest to NFL play style. (Chiefs/Eagles just saying) but I’d love more GA players because I know the effort they will bring. 

I get from a marketing and fan perspective, bringing in talent from GA makes things easier, but I just want the best players to help the team win.  I couldn't care less where they're from or what school they come from.... just give me a consistent winner like we had from 2008-2012, 2016-2017 and I'll cheer for whoever is on the field.  

8 minutes ago, Pa_Falcon_Fan said:

I get from a marketing and fan perspective, bringing in talent from GA makes things easier, but I just want the best players to help the team win.  I couldn't care less where they're from or what school they come from.... just give me a consistent winner like we had from 2008-2012, 2016-2017 and I'll cheer for whoever is on the field.  

Exactly. Is there a little more sentimental pull for a player from your home state or home college team? Sure, but in the end it means way more to the marketing department and the owner than us fans. I know I'm way more into results on the field than state of birth or location of school. 

I don't care where they come from - you just would like to think that the Georgia players should be heavily scouted as they are so close to Flowery Branch - so that you should have great scouting reports on those kids and not miss there.

But as far as draft local - only if they are deemed the best for the team - period-the-end.

My biggest beef there is just "why so many misses?" there - felt statistically disproportionate that so few were taken - and taking Shaffer and Fitzpatrick late last year felt forced.    We skipped over Jamaree Salyer who was better than both and now starting RT for Chargers.

6 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I'm pretty sure they list the colleges on their draft board, so a peach would be redundant if we are talking just players from UGA.. or UGA and Tech, etc

Did they mean players that came from the state of Georgia no matter what university they attended?

I believe the 2nd part is accurate. Georgia in general. I read the article yesterday I'm just trying to remember where. Would have been nice of op to provide context lol

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Please elaborate. Is there an article or a video missing here?

Yea Terry Fontenot spoke at the combine and was saying they’re going to start looking at more players from the state of Georgia. 

Edited by TheRisen999

2 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

The question is.. Do we care where our players come from? Personally I don’t care if they were born on the moon, I just want the best players to help us win games and eventually get a championship. What do y’all think about their new Georgia-centric idea?

I think you knew the overall answer before you even finished composing the title to this thread.

5 minutes ago, ADAMSVILLE GYM said:

I think you knew the overall answer before you even finished composing the title to this thread.

Not really.. there always seems to be a section of people who always want the UGA or the hometown guy. I’m more about talent over where where they went to school or are from.

36 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I'm pretty sure they list the colleges on their draft board, so a peach would be redundant if we are talking just players from UGA.. or UGA and Tech, etc

Did they mean players that came from the state of Georgia no matter what university they attended?

Yea the state

1 hour ago, INDFalcon said:

I am not sure there is a GA centric idea. But what do I know, only AS and TF will have some idea to that. If they are able to put Ws on the table why not?

I would like to see some LSU centric idea as well.