A Perfect Fit For the Falcons

7 minutes ago, Hard Case said:

He only asked to be traded after egregious slap in the face from AB. No matter what the Haters say, he is still capable of being a starting QB in the NFL for at least a year or so.  Bottom line is that Rookies who are , "pretty good players" are not prime candidates to lead a team in the NFL, we need a vet like Ryan or Tannehill to come in here as a stopgap , until Ridder or a draftee QB is ready to take over. 

Slap in the face?  He hadn’t had a winning season  since 2017 at that point. This is a results based business. FWIW my hope was for him to play out 2022 here and mentor someone. But as soon as the team interviewed Watson he asked to be traded.  I appreciate that TF and Smith and Blank were willing to let Matt leave without causing him grief. I think we all wanted to see him rock out in Indiana.  

But nobody owes him anything.  He was the best player to ever wear a Falcs uniform, I’m serious about that.  But Falcon for life doesn’t mean he’s ready to go back to his 2016 form this winter  

You can see things differently if f you want. We’re all fans and entitled to our opinions. I know my opinions can be annoying and kinda stupid so no judgement. Matty was the best. He’s not the best anymore. Wish him well and sincerely thank him for the mark he left in Atlanta. 

Go Falcons 

The Colts turned out to be a mess from top to bottom, regardless of Ryan’s play. I think Ryan will certainly end up as a starter on another team; I could see Ryan ending up in a place like Miami, New England, Green Bay, or the NY Jets. Heck, if Dan Quinn gets hired by the Colts, then Ryan could end up staying there. I hope MR can go to a legit contender that has a decent OL, and a very good defense, it would be great to see him in the playoffs again.

Edited by 4dabirds

2 hours ago, Hard Case said:

He could teach Ridder how to read Defenses, and how to be an NFL QB. Ridder could get plenty of playing time while learning. He is still a rookie, and just not ready yet to lead this team.

Ridder knows how to read defenses.. hence why he didn’t throw any interceptions in the regular season 

4 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Only reason he is gone is because of AB's greed for Watson, He could tutor Ridder, and a QB draftee , then become the perfect backup when one of them are ready. That's what should have been done in the first place. 

@Hard Case no long-team tenured top-tier or near-top-tier starting QB is going to "tutor/mentor" their replacement  Name one top-tier/near-top-tier QB that was the starter for his team for 10+ years that stayed around to mentor his replacement.....please name one. None of the Mannings did it....Not Brett Favre...not Tom Brady....not Drew Brees....not Joe Montana....not Dan Fouts...not Dan Marino....not Phillip Rivers...I can keep on and on. QBs like these just do not "mentor" their replacement

Edited by ShoNuff

4 hours ago, Killing Floor said:

Also scroll through the rest of the articles. Same guy says we should bring back Julio Jones. 

I used to read the articles from that site because it was easy to read from my cellphone via its app.  But recently I finally got rid of the app because of the awful blogs with typically one odd stat to back their bad takes.

I said this before and I will say that again...

No one has been more dicked over in NFL than Matt has since 2016.

Asks the team to run more? Loses Super Bowl.

His ace OC leaves and the HC let's the rest of the offensive staff leave so they hire a disgraced college HC who has never been an OC before. He still drags the team to the playoffs.

Then after picking up the offense under Sark they fire Sark and bring in an OC who was doomed to fail and does. 

Then after fighting through a first season under Smith with no weapons other than Pitts he is screwed over as the team goes after Watson.

Then he is traded to Indy who promised him a better offense only to bench him, fire the HC, hire a HS HC and bench him again. 

Now he might get cut.

All along he's been extremely professional and a good teammate. 

34 minutes ago, ShoNuff said:

@Hard Case no long-team tenured top-tier or near-top-tier starting QB is going to "tutor/mentor" their replacement  Name one top-tier/near-top-tier QB that was the starter for his team for 10+ years that stayed around to mentor his replacement.....please name one. None of the Mannings did it....Not Brett Favre...not Tom Brady....not Drew Brees....not Joe Montana....not Dan Fouts...not Dan Marino....not Phillip Rivers...I can keep on and on. QBs like these just do not "mentor" their replacement

That's what a QB coach is for

16 minutes ago, Jesus said:

His ace OC leaves and the HC let's the rest of the offensive staff leave so they hire a disgraced college HC who has never been an OC before. He still drags the team to the playoffs.

Then after picking up the offense under Sark they fire Sark and bring in an OC who was doomed to fail and does. 

Then after fighting through a first season under Smith with no weapons other than Pitts he is screwed over as the team goes after Watson.

Then he is traded to Indy who promised him a better offense only to bench him, fire the HC, hire a HS HC and bench him again. 

Now he might get cut.

I am not going to argue about how much exactly Ryan has been "jerked" around.  However, his skill set has diminished. Not a fan of how Ryan was traded, but it was a move that was best for the Falcons scheme-wise and business-wise.

22 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Now he might get cut.

Don’t forget having to move to Indianapolis. Their barbecue tastes like ketchup. 

4 hours ago, Hard Case said:

It was the WAY he was traded, biggest insult in Falcon History , to the face of the Franchise for Pete's sake. he deserved better, a LOT better.

I don’t think so.

Matt Ryan understands the nfl is a business at the end of the day and he was compensated very generously while he was here.I mean Joe Montana got moved on Tom Brady same same it’s a business at the end of the day

Matt and the Franchise had multiple chances while he was here but it just wasn’t meant to be.We had a good run with him.

7 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Haters are ugly, he would be perfect for the situation this team is in now, we have no QB but a Rookie. 

Let’s say you are right, why do you think Ryan would want to come back?  He’s the one who asked for a trade, remember?  That was when he was the starter, why would he want to come back as a backup a year later?

7 hours ago, Hard Case said:

Only reason he is gone is because of AB's greed for Watson, He could tutor Ridder, and a QB draftee , then become the perfect backup when one of them are ready. That's what should have been done in the first place. 

This narrative again. It was NOT Blank who pursued Watson. At all. That was AS and TF. Stop spreading these lies.

4 hours ago, Jesus said:

Now he might get cut.

All while being paid millions and millions of dollars to play a game. He will be ok. His life is great