Falcons, please do this one thing

Disclaimer:  I want defense early and often and a couple of big uglies on the OL as well. Whether we do that in FA, the draft or a combination I don’t care.

Now, with that being said FIX SOMETHING!  Preferably a pass rush and coverage. Draft about 15 of them. You are bound to hit on a few. It’s like we are milk toast in every area on the team. Take at least one area, preferably the defense and focus on turning it from a weakness to a strength. If you decide you need WR or some other area instead, get several better ones than we have now. 

Please fix something and develop at least one part of this team that we know is top notch. If we can develop all parts at the same time, even better. But when the smoke settles by training camp, please fix something and turn it from a definite weakness to a definite strength. 

3 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Disclaimer:  I want defense early and often and a couple of big uglies on the OL as well. Whether we do that in FA, the draft or a combination I don’t care.

Now, with that being said FIX SOMETHING!  Preferably a pass rush and coverage. Draft about 15 of them. You are bound to hit in a few. It’s like we are milk toast in every area on the team. Take at least one area, preferably the defense and focus on turning it from a weakness to a strength. If you decide you need WR or some other area instead, get several better ones than we have now. 

Please fix something and develop at least one part of this team that we know is top notch. If we can develop all parts at the same time, even better. But when the smoke settles by training camp, please fix something and turn it from a definite weakness to a definite strength. 

I expect heavy resources in both the draft and FA to be poured into the pass rush. There are a couple of younger guys that are hovering around 6 sacks as situational guys (have to double check on names, one from SF, one from Jax). Like to sign a couple of guys like that. Maybe a Pierre Paul or Justin Houston as a vet presence as well. 

On top of that, a CB or dlinemen top 10 would help as well. 

I really think this will be the off-season they go hard for defense.

4 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Now, with that being said FIX SOMETHING!  Preferably a pass rush and coverage. Draft about 15 of them. You are bound to hit on a few. It’s like we are milk toast in every area on the team. Take at least one area, preferably the defense and focus on turning it from a weakness to a strength. If you decide you need WR or some other area instead, get several better ones than we have now. 

Exactly what I said last year. Just fix one thing. Start with that. 

Let's have one thing, one strength, an area we can rely on. This year we found a run game, so that's great. This helps offense and defense and closing out games. 

Next year- is it too hard to ask for a pass rush? Probably lol

2 minutes ago, Spongebob said:

Exactly what I said last year. Just fix one thing. Start with that. 

Let's have one thing, one strength, an area we can rely on. This year we found a run game, so that's great. This helps offense and defense and closing out games. 

Next year- is it too hard to ask for a pass rush? Probably lol

Probably... 

You'd have a better chance finding a Sasquatch in Atlanta than a pass rush...

10 minutes ago, SwampyMux12 said:

Probably... 

You'd have a better chance finding a Sasquatch in Atlanta than a pass rush...

My hopes are not high lol but we can hope. We have invested resources so they know it's an issue. But they haven't prioritized it imo. If they prioritize a pass rush and find one and have a run game, that's a pretty good foundation moving forward. And it looks like dline/pass rush is a strength of this draft. Could we be so lucky? Now the hard part for us for whatever reason, draft the right guy and coach him up

It's not going to be easy getting good players to come here without over paying for them.

That's usually what keeps the bad teams bad.

TF doesn't appear to be the kind of GM who will do that either, he seems to find his best value in players. Intersted to see if he sticks to that now that they aren't having to buy penny candy to make a Thanksgiving meal.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

It's not going to be easy getting good players to come here without over paying for them.

That's usually what keeps the bad teams bad 

Definitely a concern, that's where I'm hoping TF and the scouting department can dig up some diamonds and find some guys who just need some more time on the field.

More guys like Evans and Carter. Hopefully we can get more of our solid role type guys in FA and build around them in the draft.

31 minutes ago, Flyin' In DC said:

I think AS said in one of his pressers he wants more pass rush. I don't remember him specifically pointing that out earlier. I would TF, Peas, and the scouting department will make that a priority.

The DBs will directly benefit not having to cover for up to 10 seconds on every pass play

DBs would be lucky to cover that long.

Ball is usually out and complete in under 3 because the LBs and all but 2 of the DBs suck.

11 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Get a round one edge rusher and then get one of those big boys on day 2. Either Siaka Ika from Baylor or T’Vondre Sweat from Texas could be options.

Fixed it for you. 

And yes sir, this should be our focus.