January Game Thread 2023

blkbigdog35

4 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

Quiet game for Trae but I liked that he didn't force it. Only 12 shot attempts and I'd imagine his usage was not terribly high. There will be games for him to take over, but being able to take a backseat at times is a sign of growth. 

They blitzed him.and he was patient.

7 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

I honestly hope our next coach moves away from ISO and has trae play off ball when DJM is on the court. Trae has elite vision and is an elite passer, but I think we would be better with DJM playing on ball and using Trae's range to space the floor. 

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

I honestly hope our next coach moves away from ISO and has trae play off ball when DJM is on the court. Trae has elite vision and is an elite passer, but I think we would be better with DJM playing on ball and using Trae's range to space the floor. 

but see....DJ also ISO's a ton, so does Bogi.......this is Nates offense!  

So unless Nate is calling a play like he did the first play of last night saying 'move Trae off ball' is meaningless. 

Playing truly off ball requires a team effort, who's setting the baseline screen, or backscreen to free Trae? what angle will Trae come off the screen to catch and shoot the ball?  Nate needs to design and call plays that move Trae with a PURPOSE and INTENTION - he can't just run about like a chicken

Interested to see what Collins' production looks like when Capela returns. I've never doubted his ability to put up numbers on the offensive end when given the opportunity, but the dynamic is simply different when Capela is healthy and JC is back to playing 99.9% of his minutes at PF. 

14 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Can you believe our front office thought Collins for Lauri was a realistic possibility lol 

Shoutout to Lauri tho, hope he makes the allstar. He’s definitely earned it.

This is the first year Lauri has put up better stats than JC.

You think Collins can ever get 27 shot attempts here on this team?

14 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

This is the first year Lauri has put up better stats than JC.

You think Collins can ever get 27 shot attempts here on this team?

No, which is also why even though Lauri has played at a legit all star level I don’t think a Lauri trade would’ve made sense because of how our offense is run. 

Hueter talks about his time with Hawks:

57:30 - Talks how he got notified about trade.

1:08 - Talks Game 7 vs Sixers: team was beat up, Bogi wasn't supposed to play, Gallo who is a man of few words told him in locker room he needed to shoot the ball, that they wouldn't win if he didn't, pointed at Bogi and said ' he can't move'. Philly fans were throwing stuff with 10 seconds left in game.

1:18 - General Hawks discussion - in his 4 years here, lots of stories that came out that just weren't true or over blown. Talks JC and perception and playing with Trae.

Edited by jayu70