January Game Thread 2023

blkbigdog35

2 minutes ago, EddieK said:

That's true, if we could develop players, maybe JC could dribble at least twice w/o losing control or get Dre's handle tighter. No telling what Jalen Johnson would look like, he has crazy talent. And AJ could be special, but I have zero trust in this staff to get it out of them

I have pulled out my lie detector and it has registered none from this post!

6 minutes ago, Expert Poster said:

I'm basically hate watching at this point. I can't miss out on watching us make the same mistakes over and over again in the final 5 minutes of the game. 

There was a minute and a half stretch where Trae decided to play one on five as well. 

That and the inability to rebound was all GS needed. 

8 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Games like tonight is the main reason why I never saw Collins as a max deal guy. 

He was a serious Magician tonight, with the way he just disappeared when we needed him the most.

Of course Collins disappeared--he was on the bench for the Last 6+ minutes of the 4th quarter. Nate's an idiot. We were up 9 with 5:37 to go, then like always we proceeded to take the air out of the ball and stop running the plays that worked getting the ball inside.

We also couldn't rebound.

Edited by jayu70

3 hours ago, jayu70 said:

Of course Collins disappeared--he was on the bench for the Last 6+ minutes of the 4th quarter. Nate's an idiot. We were up 9 with 5:37 to go, then like always we proceeded to take the air out of the ball and stop running the plays that worked getting the ball inside.

We also couldn't rebound.

It’s like you take your guys out of rhythm who were hot by leaving on the bench too long, with a jacked up rotation to begin with. 

I am STILL scratching my head on why he had Trae in the game on critical defensive possessions coming out of timeouts when you could have subbed him out. 

And not had your best two rebounders(JJ and OO) on the court at all when you were getting embarrassed on the boards. 

Did JJ even play by the way? (I did not watch the whole game)

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

It’s like you take your guys out of rhythm who were hot by leaving on the bench too long, with a jacked up rotation to begin with. 

I am STILL scratching my head on why he had Trae in the game on critical defensive possessions coming out of timeouts when you could have subbed him out. 

And not had your best two rebounders(JJ and OO) on the court at all when you were getting embarrassed on the boards. 

Did JJ even play by the way? (I did not watch the whole game)

JJ logged a minute. 

51 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

What do you folks think??

Tony Ressler was lying when he said he'd be willing to go into the luxury tax. Not saying we have a cheap owner because he's spent money, but he's not an owner who's willing to do everything he can to win a championship. 

Then, promoting his 28 yo old son to head of basketball operations is bad news. Sounds like a meddlesome owner which usually equates to constant turmoil and underperformance. Losing faith in this franchise.

1 hour ago, EddieK said:

Tony Ressler was lying when he said he'd be willing to go into the luxury tax. Not saying we have a cheap owner because he's spent money, but he's not an owner who's willing to do everything he can to win a championship. 

Then, promoting his 28 yo old son to head of basketball operations is bad news. Sounds like a meddlesome owner which usually equates to constant turmoil and underperformance. Losing faith in this franchise.

Yeah, it becomes self-fulfilling at a certain point. You don't spend the money needed to compete, so you don't compete, then you use the lack of competitiveness as justification for not spending in the future.