January Game Thread 2023

blkbigdog35

13 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nate has probably already been informed he will be let go or allowed to retire. I think the only reason we don't want to fire him mid season is because of the criticism we got with CLP. 

My hope is we don't gut this team before letting our next coach have a chance with this roster. 

I'd see what you can get for Bogi before the deadline, but otherwise keep the core together. If things fail to improve under the new coach next year, then it might be time to weigh more drastic changes to the roster. 

7 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Nate has probably already been informed he will be let go or allowed to retire. I think the only reason we don't want to fire him mid season is because of the criticism we got with CLP. 

My hope is we don't gut this team before letting our next coach have a chance with this roster. 

This is the ceiling for the Hawks under Nate and that is unacceptable!  We should be seeing growth but it doesn’t help things when there is no player development taking place.  I agree with @Expert Posterabout seeing what you can get for Bogi.  This core we have at the moment is very talented they just need a real leader guiding them!

8 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

I'd see what you can get for Bogi before the deadline, but otherwise keep the core together. If things fail to improve under the new coach next year, then it might be time to weigh more drastic changes to the roster. 

I don’t know what you can get for an often knee injured guard, but that is the trade I would have preferred over the Heurter one.

8 hours ago, Expert Poster said:

With the Hawks, that feeling will prove correct 50% of the time. They're the definition of an average team. 

Average isn’t the term that comes to mind. 

Bu!!$h!tting is more of the term I would associate with this bunch. Just like my Dad would or IS saying in heaven! 

This team has no depth to account for guys being out. That's on Tony Ressler. But then, even if we had depth Nate wouldn't play them unless injuries/fouls forced his had.

When we finally had our full Squad, he pplayed only an 8 man rotation (starters plus AJ, Bogi and OO) until fouls forced his hand. 

Edited by jayu70

6 minutes ago, jayu70 said:

But then, even if we had depth Nate wouldn't play them unless injuries/fouls forced his had

This is MORE of the case than we don’t have the depth. 

Nate for some reason doesn’t like to stick to a rotation that would allow the bench to have a better confidence flow. 

He has even messed up the Rookie when it comes to that.

8 hours ago, jayu70 said:

This team has no depth to account for guys being out. That's on Tony Ressler. But then, even if we had depth Nate wouldn't play them unless injuries/fouls forced his had.

When we finally had our full Squad, he pplayed only an 8 man rotation (starters plus AJ, Bogi and OO) until fouls forced his hand. 

That is the reason for this team being average.  Nate has coached this way forever as history can attest with his time at Indiana and Seattle.  It’s definitely time for a new HC!

11 hours ago, blkbigdog35 said:

That is the reason for this team being average.  Nate has coached this way forever as history can attest with his time at Indiana and Seattle.  It’s definitely time for a new HC!

Needs coaching style on offense is simple - give the ball to your best play(s) and let them do their thing.  He doesn't have an offense that can put the lesser players in a position to be effective.  Unimaginative and predictable.

2 hours ago, jayu70 said:

naNEzNm.gif

5 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Nate got his hands on your iPhone too!!?? 

D@mn you, you tall and fat gut having, can only coach one kind of way, bald headed &ucker!! 

🤣

Definitely need a spell check option 😂🤣