Speculation : Ridder time

The Don™

1 minute ago, The Don™ said:

He's thrown his support at Mariota almost every chance he gets and says it's not all on Mariota blah blah blah. 

Not saying we might not make the switch but he didn't tip anything in his postgame to me, it was just more of the same. If you're moving to evaluating things he didn't say then you're reading between the lines that are between the lines.

1 minute ago, INDFalcon said:

there is nothing to learn sitting behind this clown (may be he can learn how not to be a QB like Mariota).

Teammates revere Mariota. He's a leader of men in all phases of life. Ridder is learning how to act like a professional, study game film, behave in a locker room, and any number of hidden aspects of the NFL.

Mariota's like Byron Leftwich. He's gonna play in this league until such a time as he's ready to transition to coaching. Then, he'll be an exceptional playcaller whose players revere him.

He's also not a very good QB1 in the NFL. All those things can be true.

1 minute ago, jidady said:

Teammates revere Mariota. He's a leader of men in all phases of life. Ridder is learning how to act like a professional, study game film, behave in a locker room, and any number of hidden aspects of the NFL.

Mariota's like Byron Leftwich. He's gonna play in this league until such a time as he's ready to transition to coaching. Then, he'll be an exceptional playcaller whose players revere him.

He's also not a very good QB1 in the NFL. All those things can be true.

Really, are you suggesting some of the rookies who started without sitting behind a veteran QB are not professional, don't know how to study films or behave in the locker room. What makes you think, Ridder cannot do any of those things?

2 minutes ago, INDFalcon said:

are you suggesting some of the rookies who started without sitting behind a veteran QB are not professional, don't know how to study films or behave in the locker room.

Absolutely yes. Zach Wilson is proving that right now. His lack of professionalism at a press conference was the ultimate determinant in his benching.

Does Ridder have those things? I have no idea whether he did when he was drafted, but I'm confident he does now thanks to the influence of Marcus Mariota. I know this because of things like this: