College Basketball thread

tl;dr

Gotta be some CBB fans in here right? UNC just lost twice in the same week and plummeted in the AP Poll. Houston is, IMO, the best team in the country right now with Texas not too far behind. Look out for UConn too. 

Several of the usual suspects are ranked too with Gonzaga, Duke, UNC, Michigan State, and UCLA being between 14-21. 

SEC wise, Alabama and Arkansas are tied for the 11th spot with Tennessee, Auburn and Kentucky not too far behind. Should be a fun SEC year because I think any of those top 5 teams could win it! 

Pretty wide open year because I’m not sure there is a for sure dominant team 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

There's a few fans but not many. Purdue looks really strong. They ripped Gonzaga and Duke already. Of course Georgia is only 1 win away from matching last year's win total. Bama had a great win and that was a great game against UNC. 

Purdue does look good. They always seem to have an absolute tree at center. They look like the best team in the Big 10. 

Georgia has looked much better too, but that’s not hard. Think Mike White will get them to at least serviceable. He got a raw deal at Florida somewhat. 

Alabama looks good too even though I’m not sure how good UNC and Michigan State really are. Top 20 teams sure, but I think everyone knew UNC wasn’t the best team in the country. Still fun to beat MSU and UNC though 

It is strange seeing Louisville with absolutely zero talent. That program was absolutely slammed to rock bottom. They trail Maryland by 30 right now and will be 0-7 with loses to Bellarmine and Wright State. They are going to be lucky to get 1 win this year. They might seriously go 0-31. They've got 1-4 Florida A&M next month, that might be their best shot at a win. The rest of it is all ACC and decent smaller programs. 

2 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

At least UGA plays so freaking hard.  Effort has been impressive.  We still have a ways to go with our scoring.  

Only 2 losses are one team that i think is solid (Wake) and UAB who I know is pretty good. Gonna take some time, but just playing hard is such a big improvement 

Did anyone see Jerry Stackhouse get ejected while Vanderbilt was at Virginia Commonwealth earlier this week? 
His meltdown that led to a double technical wasn’t all that bad compared to other coaches going off on referees in the past, but he still should’ve maintained his composure better than that. It’ll be interesting to see if the SEC suspends him or anything.

Game of the day today in Houston: 8 Alabama travels to Houston to face a team looking for revenge after a controversial end last year. Alabama won but there was a potential goal tend that was missed at the end that would have essentially given Houston the game. Should be a fun game.

Some other games of note: 

Memphis @ 11 Auburn 

22 San Diego State @ St Mary’s 

6 Kansas @ Missouri 

10 Arizona @ 14 Indiana 

1 minute ago, Unknøwn said:

No love for Louisville vs Florida State? It's probably the first time a 1-9 team is a 10 point favorite. The two teams are a combined 1-17. 

Good lord I didn’t realize they were playing but dang. FSU has played some teams close at least recently

28 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Missouri is what we thought, a weak schedule. Kansas blasted them by nearly 30. 

Honest opinion… should Alabama leapfrog Kansas after this week? Hard to argue there is a better win in the country right now than winning @ Houston on the road 

36 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Honest opinion… should Alabama leapfrog Kansas after this week? Hard to argue there is a better win in the country right now than winning @ Houston on the road 

Should they? Probably but will they? I doubt it. Teams like Kansas get the denefit of the doubt, especially early on. We watched UNC have to lose 4 times to be unranked.