Cordarrelle Patterson is mic'd up and breaking records | Chicago Bears vs. Atlanta Falcons

pren226

I think we were really lucky with this... If you watch....Patterson comes out of the celebration without a Helmet...If you remember a couple of weeks ago, when Carolina WR caught the last second TD to win the game, but took off his Helmet in celebration, which pushed the extra point back 15 yards to miss the extra point.... For whatever reason, it was not called when CP helmet was off...we were fortunate that was not called a penalty

5 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

I think we were really lucky with this... If you watch....Patterson comes out of the celebration without a Helmet...If you remember a couple of weeks ago, when Carolina WR caught the last second TD to win the game, but took off his Helmet in celebration, which pushed the extra point back 15 yards to miss the extra point.... For whatever reason, it was not called when CP helmet was off...we were fortunate that was not called a penalty

I think the difference is...Patterson was suddenly surrounded by the entire team...even Mariota was out there...and then when he emerged from the group without a helmet, the helmet never appeared. Where was it? Where did it go? Who had it? Did it dissolve into time and space after breaking the record? No one has ever had that many KO touchdowns. Maybe when you hit that number your helmet just disappears.

The NFL rule about the removal of the helmet involves being on the field of play or in the end zone. Wasn't their controversy about the pen against Carolina because he did it while clearly off the field and not actually in the end zone? 

Maybe we got lucky... on one or the other... because they called it on Carolina when they shouldn't have or because they didn't call it on us when they should have..

4 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

Moore took his helmet off, CP84's helmet was taken. if you notice when he goes back to the bench the only thing he has in his hands is the ball. plus the man just broke an NFL record. the refs got a lot of flack for calling a penalty on Hester when he got flagged for doing Deion's hand behind head highstep to the end zone. the league don't want that smoke again

14 hours ago, andrews31cain21 said:

The penalty against the Panthers WR was a bad call. Being "on the field" is being between the lines. He took his helmet off outside the end zone and therefore should not have been penalized. This was talked about on Twitter a few days after the game.   

On 11/25/2022 at 10:48 AM, Vandy said:

Such a cool team celebration there at the end of his TD. 

They all understood just how big that return was. Everybody on the team loves CP. They way they all celebrated It seemed they were at least as happy about it as he was. 

What was so cool was just a few minutes earlier CP had been telling the guys he was going to make up for that fumble. He promised, then delivered in record-setting fashion. That's making amends with flair.

On 11/24/2022 at 9:27 PM, andrews31cain21 said:

He took his helmet off OUTSIDE of the end zone. That was the difference. Had he taken it off while he was still in the end zone that’s when it becomes an infraction. 

On 11/25/2022 at 11:40 AM, myatlfalcons said:

The penalty against the Panthers WR was a bad call. Being "on the field" is being between the lines. He took his helmet off outside the end zone and therefore should not have been penalized. This was talked about on Twitter a few days after the game.   

It was a bad call but I’ll take it. Also I’m real time sometimes the refs don’t see things as accurately. We see it slowed down