WR Bryan Edwards placed on waivers

2 hours ago, Knight of God said:

He was drafted in the 3rd, we got him for a 5th. He proved he wasn't what we all hoped.

He's been showed up by the likes of Oz, Hodge, and Byrd. All three were undrafted. 

Not a big deal but also further proof that TF/AS don't give a **** if they traded for you, drafted you, or just signed you off the street. If you show up, you play. 

2 minutes ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Not a big deal but also further proof that TF/AS don't give a **** if they traded for you, drafted you, or just signed you off the street. If you show up, you play. 

Facts 

Just now, dodge_birds_fan said:

Because he contributed nothing. Burned a draft pick for nothing. 

Sounds like the majority of picks since 2008

6 hours ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Boy was I wrong about his potential impact.

Stateline:  Deuces ✌🏾️

Boy, me too! I really thought this was a low-key genius move and an awesome get...still think BE has something more to offer than what we saw, but dang...just really disappointed he didn't work out the way I thought he would...

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

What made you think he would be good to begin with? lol

For me, I watched him step up a few games last year for the Raiders when Ruggs went full ****** and teams were taking Waller away...especially one particular Monday Nite that Edwards seemed to singlehandedly win making crucial catches including a GW touchdown...

Living in Colo, we get a lot of AFCWest news, and Edwards had low-key hype within the division...

I was ecstatic about the acquisition when it happened and then...POOF...we got nothing...

8 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

I never saw it he looked slow and very average. Hate that we wasted a 5th round pick on him. Every time I hear 5th round I think of Grady.

Or just look at this year - we got Allgeier in the 5th round and he has certainly been useful.

Nevertheless, there had to be something going on behind the scenes with Edwards that was not told to the fans.

1 hour ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

At least TF recognizes his mistakes and fixes them quickly. If TD was here, both Mayfield and Edwards would be crowned starters for the next 2-3 years before attempting to upgrade.

It's quite interesting eh.. with TD, we had some mega stars (Matt, Julio, Roddy, TG, D Jones/Grady/Trufant/etc) but the backups and some other starters were just bad.. now, TF has made a team of very competent backups and rotation players, with very little megastars. I hope this translates to more success in the next few years without the major cap constraints, but its pretty clear TF is making a difference with this team from the bottom of the draft and FA. It's impressive and I see why the Aints did so well for the past ~10 years (puke..)