Future Starting LG : Chuma Edoga

1 hour ago, Falconcheff said:

Can we PLEASE see what Jalen Mayfield looks like as a RT!?

We COULD have our competent Oline of the future somewhere in the jumbled mess that is our current Oline room...

Mayfield still looks like the Michelin Tire Man.  He doesn't have length, size nor athleticism to play the RT spot.  I wouldn't trust him to play any spot on this team. 

13 hours ago, Herr Doktor said:

I don't care who plays LG.  I  believe camp competition will be awesome.  Shaffer, Edoga, Henny if he's here, Wilkinson if he's resigned.  

Yep it’s great to have legit options and potential depth. It’ll also be good if we can get our long term starter out of this bunch as it’ll be one less area we’d have to look at in the draft or free agency and we’d be able to fill another position.

10 hours ago, gazoo said:

I liked what little we saw from him last week. Let’s see if he can hang in there another game or two. He’s young and would be a great find as a future depth piece.

And notice, we got him from the Jets early on this season but we haven’t seen him until now. They’re serious about developing guys and bringing them along slow to build for the future. Let’s see if he’s HIM

8 hours ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

How did we get Udoga again? We just found him on the scrap heap?

From Jets after watching him in joint practices. If I remember correctly they cut him because they were deep at the position with more experienced players but not because he wasn’t good.

13 hours ago, TheRisen999 said:

From Jets after watching him in joint practices. If I remember correctly they cut him because they were deep at the position with more experienced players but not because he wasn’t good.

I love how aggressive we are going after raw talent, constantly on the lookout for opportunities. Not just looking for gems at the bottom of the barrel, but also very active in the director of pro personnel department in general.

Aside from the Edwards trade that didn’t pan out, this regime had done a phenomenal job finding competent help at many positions. And when a player isn’t working out they don’t play, Anthony Rush and Brian Edwards can attest to that.

This bodes well for the long term. As we continue to add top line talent through the draft and FA, we also continue to add value finding developmental gems scraping the bottom of the barrel around the league.

3 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I love how aggressive we are going after raw talent, constantly on the lookout for opportunities. Not just looking for gems at the bottom of the barrel, but also very active in the director of player personnel department in general.

Aside from the Edwards trade that didn’t pan out, this regime had done a phenomenal job finding competent help at many positions. And when a player isn’t working out they don’t play, Anthony Rush and Brian Edwards can attest to that.

This bodes well for the long term. As we continue to add top line talent through the draft and FA, we also continue to add value finding developmental gems scraping the bottom of the barrel around the league.

See, we agree sometimes!

Can't wait to see what talent we bring in when we are free of dead cap, another draft, and a year under the '22 rookie's belts

2 hours ago, FalconDawg28 said:

I’ve been following Chuma since he was in high school. I’m really interested to see what he does this weekend against Washington. If he played well against Washington DL I think we might have something. 

Hopefully he plays, they have him listed as questionable with an arm injury right now.