Future Starting LG : Chuma Edoga

ryanadonis

Just watching him on film this past week and seeing his history when it comes to football, Edoga may be the missing guard this team has always needed.  Edoga brings that LARRY ALLEN like size with smarts and quick feet.  I think Edoga takes over the LG spot from here on out.  Can BIG BAD Wilkinson play RT when McGary is gone???

Edited by ryanadonis

I hope Edoga turns into our answer at LG. It’s a shame you can’t have a RT for running plays and another one to pass protect. McGary is a mauler in the run game but gets consistently beaten by speed rushers. I know it’s not as easy as we like to make it sound but it just seems to me that McGary would have been better suited as a guard than tackle. However, since two different coaching staffs have not tried it, there must be a reason why that is not the case. 

7 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I hope Edoga turns into our answer at LG. It’s a shame you can’t have a RT for running plays and another one to pass protect. McGary is a mauler in the run game but gets consistently beaten by speed rushers. I know it’s not as easy as we like to make it sound but it just seems to me that McGary would have been better suited as a guard than tackle. However, since two different coaching staffs have not tried it, there must be a reason why that is not the case. 

McGary is 6'6" or 6'7"...in the middle of the line??? nah...

1 minute ago, sanfranfalcon said:

McGary is 6'6" or 6'7"...in the middle of the line??? nah...

Maybe so and that may be the reason. I’m just saying that his strength and mobility are less tackle and more guard. But two coaching staffs have decided not to try it for whatever reason. Either way I think we have a new RT next year. 

im very interested to see what happens this week.... ill admit i think he played good... I also think Henny played good... Thankgod we have stayed healthy at 4 out of 5 positions but ive been impressed the depth we've had at LG.

I really do hope  Chuma works out because dude is big ,athletic and super long arms (rare for a guard) at that guard position