Ridders preseason passes…….just absolutely beautiful touch, precision and accuracy

gazoo

2 hours ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I love how he keeps his eyes down field and doesn’t get rattled when he makes a mistake.  Seem to recall every int he threw he immediately followed that with a WOW! Spectacular moment.

You are the only one talking about his passing as it relates to the videos. You cannot possibly look at all those snaps of crisp, quick decsion making, checking down his progressions, quick delivery and precision passing and not be wowed. It’s a continued pattern from college where he did exactly the same thing for 4 years in a pro style offense. His poise and command in the pocket are the complete antithesis of what Mariota does in the pocket. 

Anyone taking issue with a rare bad pass, well, Mariota has a rare good pass.

The video speaks louder that any “heZ not Redy” talk.

Mariota has lost confidence in his passing I saw it 2 weeks ago and especially last week early in the game. It looks like he has also altered his delivery due to wanting to throw it short. He looked a lot more confident early in the season stepping into his throws and throwing the ball deep.  I will keep saying it Ridder goes through his reads and throws a better ball. Ridder looks more comfortable in the pocket and doesn't panic in the pocket as quickly in the small sample I've seen.

9 hours ago, Mister pudding said:

60% passing vs. Practice squad guys with 3 TDs (1 that was basically a Hail Mary) and 2 INTs didn't make your highlight reel.

He'll play when he's ready. Mariota looked really good in preseason too. Just remember...  it's preseason

Mariota didn’t look good in the preseason… you can actually dig up my post on it and I was pretty spot on in how lost and uncomfortable he looked. He ran early and often and never let the plays develop…

54 minutes ago, jetpac said:

Mariota didn’t look good in the preseason… you can actually dig up my post on it and I was pretty spot on in how lost and uncomfortable he looked. He ran early and often and never let the plays develop…

Yep, it was usually 1 read while he waited for the receiver the get open, danced around like a ju ju bee and took off, and worse of all he took brutal unnecessary hits. He’s gotten better in regular season with taking those hits but his passing is atrocious. Many don’t want to comment on the Ridder video because it’s conclusive Ridder can throw there ball much better and makes quicker decisions, goes through his progressions quickly and throws receivers open instead of waiting for them to get open.

differnce between night and day

and for mariota apologists, Ridder is faster and can run too

1 hour ago, jetpac said:

Dude, I think we scored every drive but 1 in all games combined. If I'm wrong, please let me know

11 minutes ago, jamesmasen said:

Sure it was backups he was playing against.. But its the quick decisions.. the touch .. and the ability to read the defense that has always stood out to me. Never saw Ridder back there with five seconds trying to figure out where to go with the ball. 

The comical thing about people trying to dismiss the glaring evidence on video that he can get the ball out fast, make quick decisions, go through his progressions quickly and deliver an accurate pass even deep passes, is that he was also playing WITH backups.

for instance, someone points out a 60% completion rate but ignores the receivers he had are bagging groceries at Kroger and we dropping very well throw passes at a high frequency. The dropped passes frequently put Ridder in 3rd and long situations and he delivered precision passes over and over on 3rd and long to keep drives alive.

So Ridder wasn’t just playing against backups, he was playing with backups as well. The video doesn’t lie to those seeking truth.

5 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

This team was mathematically eliminated week 1 .. you can't realistically look at this team and not know without a doubt that this Falcon team IS NOT , HAS NOT been a playoff caliber team all year. Unless of course your a delusional homer with no real sense of reality 

Yeah, we should have pulled all of the starters and replaced them with developmental players after the team lost a game it should have won in the first week.

Because that makes sense to rational fans who have a *checks notes* real sense of reality.

Conan Obrien Ugh GIF by Team Coco

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

The comical thing about people trying to dismiss the glaring evidence on video that he can get the ball out fast, make quick decisions, go through his progressions quickly and deliver an accurate pass even deep passes, is that he was also playing WITH backups.

for instance, someone points out a 60% completion rate but ignores the receivers he had are bagging groceries at Kroger and we dropping very well throw passes at a high frequency. The dropped passes frequently put Ridder in 3rd and long situations and he delivered precision passes over and over on 3rd and long to keep drives alive.

So Ridder wasn’t just playing against backups, he was playing with backups as well. The video doesn’t lie to those seeking truth.

Totally agree.. plus the amount of holding calls we had in the preseason really screwed a ton of his drives.. I would honestly be shocked if Ridder didn't come in and gave us a shot in the arm 

Many of us want to see what we have in Ridder.  We, as fans, will be here in the future, win or lose this season.  We are wanting the Super Bowl in 2-4 years.  But AS and TF are doing the right thing for the team now and the potentially the future.  We are in the thick of a playoff chase.  If we put a rookie in there and fall out of that, zero good for anyone results.  They have to play Mariota until we are officially out.  Playoff seasons are not an every year thing.  When you have a shot as a coach and front office you have to go for it, even if you have no chance at a SB.  Our surprising success this season is a credit to all and hopefully results in a playoff season!  Hopefully all of us longtime fans can enjoy it for what it has been and then next year we get our look to see if DR is the Super Bowl type guy that we need moving forward.

At some point you have to know what you have in Ridder so you know if you need to get another QB via draft or free agency. The fact that they didn’t bring in a vet backup to Mariota does say something about the confidence they have in him. AS is smarter than all of us and I’m sure he has a plan. He sees them day in day out and we don’t. 

2 minutes ago, Blitz28179 said:

I was surprised at how fast riddler is when he took off on some of those plays. He looks faster than Mariota! 

Someone above said one of his passes was an hail mary? was that against detroit in that first video? if yes I didnt consider that a hail mary. 

Not a hail Mary just the usual Ridder to Bernhardt connection we will see for the next ten years.

12 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Not a hail Mary just the usual Ridder to Bernhardt connection we will see for the next ten years.

Thats my point if that pass was a hail mary than over half of the passes in the nfl are hail marys.

I watched riddler in the preseason but honestly forgot about what he looked like way back then. Watching the above videos was a big refresher for me.

Edited by Blitz28179

52 minutes ago, Blitz28179 said:

Thats my point if that pass was a hail mary than over half of the passes in the nfl are hail marys.

I watched riddler in the preseason but honestly forgot about what he looked like way back then. Watching the above videos was a big refresher for me.

Exactly why I posted them last night. I think many have forgotten how awesome he looked.  He played 4 seasons, 50 games in a pro style offense in college so it’s not nearly as big a big leap/ adjustment coming into NFL as it is for QBs who played 3 seasons, in 30 games in an RPO offense in college.

Ridder looks calm, cool and collected as a pocket passer in preseason and I’m tired of people being dismissive of how well he went through his progressions and got the ball out on time and accurate simply because it was preseason.  He’s clearly a better pocket passer and decision maker than Mariota.  I understand this doesn’t mean he’s a guaranty to make it a a starting NFL QB, the only way you prove that is to have a legitimate chance to.