Ridders preseason passes…….just absolutely beautiful touch, precision and accuracy

gazoo

Just watch all these beautifully placed passes mid and deep field all preseason. It’s irrelevant that he’s throwing to 2nd and 3rd team receivers as far as decision making and accuracy. Look how well he sees the field and how quick his decision making is. 

Look at his poise and pocket awareness. Watch him avoid pass rushers with slight moves as he continues looking down field, buying enough time to get the pass off.

51 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

60% passing vs. Practice squad guys with 3 TDs (1 that was basically a Hail Mary) and 2 INTs didn't make your highlight reel.

He'll play when he's ready. Mariota looked really good in preseason too. Just remember...  it's preseason

Every QB makes some bad throws. With a QB, the question is, do their good throws compensate for their occasional bad throw?

Tom Brady makes some bad throws. But the throws he does make, make up for the bad throws.  Ridder made a few bad throws, but the good throws made up for them. Mariota’s bad throws far outweigh his occasional good throws.

A Mariota apologist has no standing trying to complain that Ridders passing is bad simply because he was throwing to our practice squad receivers instead of the receivers Mariota was wildy missing like Pitts and our #1 and #2 receivers.  

Just now, gazoo said:

A Mariota apologist has no standing trying to complain that Ridders passing is bad simply because he was throwing to our practice squad receivers instead of Pitts and our #1 and #2 receivers. 

I don't think Ridder is a bad passer at all. I like Ridder, I'm glad we drafted Ridder.

I'm not going to apologize that I have more faith in Smith's decision making for whom should be the starting QB than some guy on the message board that has a history of wrong assertions time and time again. Keep posting YouTube clips while Arthur actually sees and works with the players

1 hour ago, JayOzOne said:

Arthur will play him when we're mathematically eliminated. Winning one week and then losing the next in a very "meh" division is pushing his debut back toward the final few weeks of the season. If then.

Yeh! Everybody knows he has talent. I don't know? Is it really about playoffs? 

Man! I'll never understand this! I'm frustrated!

Go Dirty Birds! We statically have a chance!

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

I know they're highlights so of course he's going to look good but it shows what he's capable of. He was throwing receivers open, only where his guy can catch it, tight windows, between zones, running but keeping eyes downfield, knowing when to give himself up and so on and so on. 

8 minutes ago, Brookings said:

Yeh! Everybody knows he has talent. I don't know? Is it really about playoffs? 

Man! I'll never understand this! I'm frustrated!

Go Dirty Birds! We statically have a chance!

Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

There are two parts to the decision.

1. We signed a bunch of good players on one and two-year deals. Putting Ridder in before he's ready might be best for the franchise, but it tells those guys we don't care about this year. Careers are short and a good way to lose the locker room is to sell guys on a second chance and then, pull the rug out from beneath them. Believe me on this one thing: If the team believed Ridder gave them a better chance to win now, they'd pressure Arthur into putting him in.

2. Ridder's learning a lot of lessons from the sideline. It used to be a run of course that rookie QBs would sit for a year before taking the field. Some coaches did this back when there was no rookie scale. Everybody's not going to take over the way Matt Ryan did. So Ridder's going to get his mental reps and learn without dealing with the pressure.

I love how he keeps his eyes down field and doesn’t get rattled when he makes a mistake.  Seem to recall every int he threw he immediately followed that with a WOW! Spectacular moment.

AS sat Grant for a year and let him learn he also saw what a disaster Mayfield  was when he had to be thrown in when he wasn’t ready.  Be patient folks he may not play this year and I don’t want to hear  the “We need to know what we have so we can get a QB next year” crowd.  2023 QB class is not great.

Edited by Godzilla1985

8 hours ago, JayOzOne said:

Arthur will play him when we're mathematically eliminated. Winning one week and then losing the next in a very "meh" division is pushing his debut back toward the final few weeks of the season. If then.

This team was mathematically eliminated week 1 .. you can't realistically look at this team and not know without a doubt that this Falcon team IS NOT , HAS NOT been a playoff caliber team all year. Unless of course your a delusional homer with no real sense of reality 

Same people saying it's preseason also don't remember the dropped balls from Ridder's throws. There were several throughout preseason. Also, let's remember it doesn't help when Ridder is playing with backups while Mariota was playing with the 1s. Let's be fair and state those two obvious things.

A second thing and more important was during Sundays game vs the Bears. Commentators were saying when they talked to AS earlier in the week, they asked about Ridder and AS said he loves his development and felt confident enough in his abilities to backup and not have to go find a capable, vet backup after preseason. He also said Ridder has been only one play away from going in basically speaking to his confidence in Ridder if a injury happens, he's the guy...not a vet guy off the street.

1 hour ago, Godzilla1985 said:

I love how he keeps his eyes down field and doesn’t get rattled when he makes a mistake.  Seem to recall every int he threw he immediately followed that with a WOW! Spectacular moment.

AS sat Grant for a year and let him learn he also saw what a disaster Mayfield  was when he had to be thrown in when he wasn’t ready.  Be patient folks he may not play this year and I don’t want to hear  the “We need to know what we have so we can get a QB next year” crowd.  2023 QB class is not great.

25% of Grants snaps were on defense and 75% were in special teams. He played 600 total snaps. I get your point but throwing that out there.

Ridders not playing this year barring injury. If we were eliminated from the playoff race, switched to Ridder, and started winning, Art would be crucified.

I’m more concerned as to what happens if we make the playoffs? Does Mariott get another year next year to start? I can already hear the rhetoric “If he could get this team to the playoffs, imagine what he could do without the dead cap”

Trotting him out here another year to make bad decisions and miss wide open receivers could be a possibility.

Edited by Bridgeburner