Mariota has earned some votes for NFL MVP

3 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

We have had a lot of fun with some unusual plays like the wondrous horizontal effort versus Carolina, but overall Mariota deserves some recognition for being a big part of why a team expected to be in the first draft pick race is instead still in the running for the playoffs. The guy has some limitations in the pure passing game, but he counters his weaknesses with guts, leadership and the knack for often making the game-winning play. And when he does sometimes make memorable and spectacular errors they are due to trying too hard to make a play when it isn't there. Even if Ridder is destined to someday being the starter, a team could do a whole lot worse than having a backup with the quality of Mariota available for emergency duty.

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

42 minutes ago, Banana Bandit said:

While you're kidding, I wouldn't be upset to have any of them on our team as a backup. Keenum the most.

so, actually... not kidding.

These guys werent available when we signed Mariota, but since Mariota's price increases next year, I say bring one of these guys in and let them compete.

If I know TF, he will probably shave/ restructure/void whatever Mariota currently has worked out.

And I agree, my preference would be Keenum... let Ridder win the starting job or sit in deference to one of these guys... it still keeps the QB tag cheap and allows you to build around them (especially defense)

1 hour ago, Swayzee said:

Man, this should scare you. 

What IF they do sign him to like a 5 year deal? What IF he is the QB as long as AS is here? There are signs out there that that could be the case. More signs lead to that tragic story then the ones point toward Ridder as the future.

Scary ******* though right there.

I honestly don’t think I could continue watching the slow motion train wreck if he we’re designated our permanent starting QB. It would first tear the fans apart as they take positions on who’s fault things are when we keep sucking, then tear the players, then the team apart over the long term. 

We already see the signs. I was listening to post game call in shows where some fans were already blaming Pitts for his lack of production, others starting to question London, others placing a disproportionate amount of blame on the OL, it’s always those who are spellbound with a running QB vs students of the game. 

But once Pitts and London’s peers start making pro bowls and signaling mega deals who have 3 times the production they do, it’s only a matter of time the team chemistry starts to implode from within. This would be a show I couldn’t stay for the ending for. 

The concept of this thread is crazy. 

Analyst that said the Falcons had the worst team and were only going to win 2 or 3 games were just as crazy. Yes, we are a bad team, but I don't think any of us that are familiar with this roster though 2 or 3 wins were all we would get. 

I thought 5 or 6 wins is what we were good for. 7 beats my expectations. That being said, nobody deserves an NFL MVP type of vote. If we had a 1500 yard receiver or a 1400 yard rusher or a 4500 yard passer or a 15 sack defender, then I could understand some MVP talk.  Even on a losing team. 

6 hours ago, Doctor Kildare said:

I'll admit the national voters will not look beyond the raw numbers to the synergy of Marcus's play.

Given that bias, I would say his greater chance is to win the Super Bowl MVP.

He's got a better chance to be the President of the United States.

Same timeframe.

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

I honestly don’t think I could continue watching the slow motion train wreck if he we’re designated our permanent starting QB. It would first tear the fans apart as they take positions on who’s fault things are when we keep sucking, then tear the players, then the team apart over the long term. 

We already see the signs. I was listening to post game call in shows where some fans were already blaming Pitts for his lack of production, others starting to question London, others placing a disproportionate amount of blame on the OL, it’s always those who are spellbound with a running QB vs students of the game. 

But once Pitts and London’s peers start making pro bowls and signaling mega deals who have 3 times the production they do, it’s only a matter of time the team chemistry starts to implode from within. This would be a show I couldn’t stay for the ending for. 

Let's not forget.

There are people that still say that Tony Gonzalez stunted Ryan's growth.

But people believe what they want to believe. Even with something like NFL football where it's pretty obvious what happens on the field.

Mariota stares down his WR and throws a pass directly to the defender? Nope. Wasn't his fault.

Mariota is literally laying on the ground and heaves it up blindly? Nope. Not his fault either.

If people haven't seen what's wrong by now they never will...... until the change happens then of course they were behind it 100%.

Like with Ryan.