Falcons at Commanders....

3 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Eagles shot themselves in the foot that game and turned it over 4 times with 3 fumbles. Heinicke handed it off 44 times. Went 17 for 29 with one interception and a 58% passer rating. I don't understand how that's dominant. 

I'm not saying he's not good. He's a capable QB in the NFL who's well liked by his teammates but he hasn't done anything special the last three weeks and is mostly being asked to be a game manager by handing it off a ton and not making mistakes. Their defense and run game is more of a concern.

If and that's a big if, we can stop their run game, you make Heinicke beat you and then we'll have a chance to win. He's probably going to pass on us because that's what our defense does but there's a reason he's been a career backup. 

Their defense is legit all around. We'll have to contain their run game and if we do, it'll be a close game probably coming down to the last possession.

That's true too, statwise and game management, but what I saw, when he went downfield on 3rd down or needed a play, he didn't miss. I kept thinking, dang this guy has hit on 3 passes or 4, etc and my team hasn't thrown a pass like that at that distance more than twice all year. I guess it just looks more exceptional when you never see it out of your guy. 😆

Our defense has lots of holes, and I like Heinicke more than the media (or his team) seems to, but we've played mobile QB's pretty well this year, so we may match up well in that regard. Just comes down to whether you can run the ball and stop our runs, that's all it'll be. We can't win off our passing attack and I have a feeling you guys can't either. Should be a fun game.

Going against a top ranked run defense with no Pitts will be tough.

Puts a lot of pressure on a defense that hasn’t consistently stopped opposing offenses all too well, especially on 3rd down.

We’re the gambler’s choice…yea, I said it, lol.

Hopefully we come out on top.

9 hours ago, THE LEAD COMMANDER said:

This has playoff implications as we know and my team is on a roll,,What are the feelings you guys have on this game?

A pretty evenly matched game...both run games sport 3 quality options, both teams have journeyman, mediocre qb's...Wash has a better defense and you're at home, for those reasons, we'll have to overperform to win...

7 hours ago, THE LEAD COMMANDER said:

I'M pretty much a member of every teams board and yes when that team comes up on our schedule I engage in dialog that week...

Great.  I have a request.  Please start a thread on every team's message board asking the NFL to fire Jerome Boger. 

Much appreciated.

13 hours ago, THE LEAD COMMANDER said:

I'M pretty much a member of every teams board and yes when that team comes up on our schedule I engage in dialog that week...

I tried that. I was banned from each team’s message board before week 3. Including this one. I’m a nice enough person, I’m not really sure why. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStqaHx3dI08DR78E3W5a2

18 hours ago, THE LEAD COMMANDER said:

This has playoff implications as we know and my team is on a roll,,What are the feelings you guys have on this game?

How you feel about getting rid of Snyder? That has to be some relief getting rid of probably the worse owner in the league. 

I grew up (NoVa area) rooting for the Jack Kent Cooke (team) and Falcons. When Synder took over he started turning me off from the team for multiple reasons 

Now to the game. The Washington team is in a roll. They have a much better defense than the Falcons. The Falcons only way to win is jump out on top fast, control the clock with the running game. 

If the Falcons fall behind and need to catch up quickly don't expect that to happen on Mariota's arm.

8 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Agreed. I think commander is an insensitive pronoun that I find highly offensive.

I'm really really sorry.I apologize unreservedly I offer a complete and utter retraction I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time in the future...SO ARE WE GOOD NOW? 

30 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You're unironically a massive snowflake. 

So we are going back to this……ok, if that’s what you prefer. I apologize if my light hearted joke offended you to the point you had to make it personal.

I know how brittle many in society have become. Comedians have all but given up due to the brittle not having a sense of humor ,if not plagued with anger. I’ll just continue to be happy, joyous and purposeful outside this cyber forum which is nothing more than entertainment to me irrespective of what you believe. 

20 hours ago, Malachore said:

But they sacked the 2nd best running QB of all time 4 times last week!

Thats what some guy on here tried to tell me Sunday as to why this defense is terrible.

yes they did but he was also having some issues with his Hamstring. Defense did a good job last week and they have definaltely played above their talent leval so we shall see.

My biggest concern is our Offense helping keep the defense off the field the majority of the game. IF we can somehow have some long sustained drives we stand a chance otherwise we are done.

Mariotta in no way can compete in any sort  of shoot out he is not that guy. If Smith can continue to scheme the offense to help limit the need for Mariotas arm we will have a shot. Bad part is having to say that about our QB i certainly hope Ridder can fix that becasue Mariotta is who he is at this point. 

38 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You're unironically a massive snowflake. 

I think he was joking.  I know I was.  Redskinfan, THE LEAD COMMANDER, whoever, knew we were joking.

Our forefathers were guilty of a great injustice.  While I do not want to throw money at native Americans, I do want to see politicians line their pockets a little less and give native Americans greater opportunities.  That will cost money.  Again, spend it on opportunities, don't give it out.

The Washington football team can call themselves whatever they like.  If the name offends you, you have work to do on yourself. 

7 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

At least he didnt get named **** Commander... wait he's not a South Carolina fan is he?

I had a cat I named “Commander Qaalude”, so obviously if I named a loving pet with the name I was just kidding 😁