Falcons at Commanders....

12 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Rich McKay still employed, Falcons lose. Plus historically the Falcons always stuggle at RFK or whatever it is called now. 

We've won 7 of 9 vs Washington going back almost 3 decades and those 2 losses were in Atlanta. Just Sayin'.

But, be that as it may, I'm thinking:

24-17 Commanders. Heinicke is very underrated on TATF. He looked dominant against the Eagles, and was connecting everywhere. If he brings that A game, we might lose by 2 or more scores, and he'll have 300+ yards passing. Hope our DBs outperform themselves this weekend.

27 minutes ago, celtiksage said:

We've won 7 of 9 vs Washington going back almost 3 decades and those 2 losses were in Atlanta. Just Sayin'.

24-17 Commanders. Heinicke is very underrated on TATF. He looked dominant against the Eagles, and was connecting everywhere. If he brings that A game, we might lose by 2 or more scores, and he'll have 300+ yards passing. Hope our DBs outperform themselves this weekend.

Too much up n down this year to focus on most teams trending or last week.  I think Heinicke is ok, but they can easily lay an egg as well.

Dallas crushed Minn and NYG lost to Lions. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if NYG beats Dallas Thursday 

23 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Too much up n down this year to focus on most teams trending or last week.  I think Heinicke is ok, but they can easily lay an egg as well.

Dallas crushed Minn and NYG lost to Lions. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if NYG beats Dallas Thursday 

Wouldn't surprise me either. Everyone looks inconsistent at times this year, some from week to week. We were up last week so are due to come back down. I hope we play like we did on Sunday, but who knows.

It amazes me that over half the league has from 3-5 wins, and even more have 5 wins or less. That seems crazy to me. Five projected playoff teams have 6 or fewer wins this far into the season.

As inconsistent and bad as we are, I can still see us winning 2 games that aren't within the NFC South, and those within it are almost alway a toss up, realistically, we could have 4 more wins ahead of us. No way did I think 9 wins was possible when week 1 started.

Commanders have a very scary front seven, so I'm afraid this might be the week where the Falcons finally drop one to Washington after getting the better of them for the past several matchups

It'll be interesting to see how well (or how poorly) we play missing Pitts and Graham. Neither one has lit up the box scores, but they're still two of our best players, and they've both been affecting the game beyond the stat sheet.

2 hours ago, celtiksage said:

Eagles shot themselves in the foot that game and turned it over 4 times with 3 fumbles. Heinicke handed it off 44 times. Went 17 for 29 with one interception and a 58% passer rating. I don't understand how that's dominant. 

I'm not saying he's not good. He's a capable QB in the NFL who's well liked by his teammates but he hasn't done anything special the last three weeks and is mostly being asked to be a game manager by handing it off a ton and not making mistakes. Their defense and run game is more of a concern.

If and that's a big if, we can stop their run game, you make Heinicke beat you and then we'll have a chance to win. He's probably going to pass on us because that's what our defense does but there's a reason he's been a career backup. 

Their defense is legit all around. We'll have to contain their run game and if we do, it'll be a close game probably coming down to the last possession.

The Falcons have a knack for hanging in games even when overmatched.  Vs the Bengals was the only game where they got totally blown off the field. If the offensive line is feeling it and Patterson and Allegier start to eat, look out.  If it comes down to the QBs give Washington the edge.  

TLDR:  anything can happen