Remaining Schedule

3 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I think we can beat Washington too.  You never know which Falcons team will show up, but the Niners had the best rushing defense in the NFL and we ran on them (168 yards).  Granted, their defense was decimated up front, but still -- that team was no slouch in rushing defense.  Right now Washington is ranked 12th against the run, and other teams above them we've beaten and rushed the ball well on include the Browns (202 yards), Bears (149 yards), Chargers (201 yards) and Bucs (151 yards).

I'm not worried about their rushing defense.  I'm worried which version of our QB suits up that day.

Agree. If our OL will pass protect and run block equally well, we might get the C+ version of Mariota instead of the D- version. Could be just enough to win this game, but I suspect our D will also have to play with their hair on fire to ensure the W.

1 hour ago, SwampyMux12 said:

Predictions with this team are futile 🤣. Knowing us we'll lose to Pitt and beat Baltimore...

I can see us beating Baltimore. I mean yeah, we lost to Carolina… but the Ravens struggled to beat them this weekend. Heck, D. Foreman only ran for like 20 yards & Baker threw 2 picks & no TDs, yet the Ravens still only won by a score of 13-3. So, it’s not like the Ravens are some unbeatable juggernaut.

1 hour ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Yes I am, because my comment was replying to someone saying they don't understand why some people think other teams are bad. By pointing out their 3-7 record and the fact that they are bottom 10 in both scoring and points allowed shows that the Steelers are in fact a bad team. 

No, your comment was to someone responding to you talking about how bad the Steelers are, when we're just as bad. 

34 minutes ago, k-train said:

I can see us beating Baltimore. I mean yeah, we lost to Carolina… but the Ravens struggled to beat them this weekend. Heck, D. Foreman only ran for like 20 yards & Baker threw 2 picks & no TDs, yet the Ravens still only won by a score of 13-3. So, it’s not like the Ravens are some unbeatable juggernaut.

Carolina has a solid defense. They have a terrible record, but a lot of close games. They're almost like the Jets without the wins. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:16 PM, JDaveG said:

I think we can beat Washington too.  You never know which Falcons team will show up, but the Niners had the best rushing defense in the NFL and we ran on them (168 yards).  Granted, their defense was decimated up front, but still -- that team was no slouch in rushing defense.  Right now Washington is ranked 12th against the run, and other teams above them we've beaten and rushed the ball well on include the Browns (202 yards), Bears (149 yards), Chargers (201 yards) and Bucs (151 yards).

I'm not worried about their rushing defense.  I'm worried which version of our QB suits up that day.

If we can get the run going and use a steady rotation of all of our RB’s we should be able to wear down their defense and get the win. Just have to limit mistakes but still take a few chances down field to keep’em from stacking the box. Now would be a great time for Bryan Edwards to realize he’s on the team.

Edited by TheRisen999

1 hour ago, Faithful Falcon said:

No, your comment was to someone responding to you talking about how bad the Steelers are, when we're just as bad. 

“I don't get it. People are always thinking that other teams are bad .”

That’s literally your comment, the one I responded to. And no, the Falcons are not as bad as the Steelers. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

10 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Really need to beat New Orleans. They have been a disappointment this season and that home L to them continues to taint (pun intended) the season.

Beating division foes is the key step to winning your own division and that standard should be established sooner rather than later. 

Agreed.  This just reminded me that we were an inch away from being 0-4 in the division.

17 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I’m not sure we run against any teams with them dropping 8 or 9 guys  in the box. It’s going to come down to which Mariota shows up and the defense.

The Bears ran some old school 50 sets at us Sunday. They had the old ‘Bears’ defense with 3 DTs tight, 2 DEs with 4 LBers. It’s thought it run against that consistently 

Edited by Emmitt

24 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I’m not sure we run against any teams with them dropping 8 or 9 guys  in the box. It’s going to come down to which Mariota shows up and the defense.

The Bears ran some old school 50 sets at us Sunday. They had the old ‘Bears’ defense with 3 DTs tight, 2 DEs with 4 LBers. It’s thought it run against that consistently 

We put up 149 rushing yards against the Bears.  It's tough, but we seem capable of doing it.

Granted, Mariota has to do his job too, with his feet and his arm (and his brain).  And we won't be facing Justin "Throw it High Over the Middle Late in the Game" Fields, so maybe that QB advantage slips to them in this case and that's the difference.  I'm only saying if Mariota can do his part, we can and will run against Washington.  If he doesn't and makes it easy on them, we'll have a long day mostly because they'll get us off the field quickly and we'll have fewer possessions as a result.

38 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Y'all talking about beating Pittsburgh, just keep in mind both Carolina games.  

The Falcons always play down to the level of inferior competition, and games with the Steelers and Cardinals are going to be as tough to win as the games against Baltimore and Tampa.

Yeah I think taking the Steelers for granted would be a very bad move.

Like I said I can go through each game and list multiple reasons why I think the Falcons have a really good shot of winning.... And I can do the same and come up with an equal number ( sometimes more) of reasons why the Falcons would lose.

I know that it is usually a toss-up but this year is truly a flip of the coin.