Remaining Schedule

dirtybirds233

Washington: L - Their defense is stout against the run and our offense has no semblance of a passing attack. I'd be surprised if the Falcons get more than 2 offensive scores. 

Pittsburgh: W - The Steelers are just bad from top to bottom. Their offense is DOA and their defense as a whole is about on the same level as the Falcons. 

Saints: W - Coming off a bye, the team will be well rested and get revenge for the fluke that was week 1. 

Ravens: L - I don't really need to explain much here. 

Cardinals: W - Things are rough in Arizona when Colt McCoy creates a QB controversy. In terms of PPG on both sides, the Cardinals and Falcons are nearly identical. 

Buccaneers: W - I don't think Brady even plays in this game. I'll explain more below. 

Final record: 9-8. Unfortunately, that likely doesn't win the division even if the Bucs finish 9-8 as well. Basically the Bucs can wrap up the division in week 17 when they play the Panthers and they'd be locked in at the 4th seed. If that were too happen, I don't see Brady playing. 

I can get behind this except for Bucs. We’ll run like our shoes are untied. No sacks, no picks, we’re as afraid of Brady as ever. This was evident last time we played. It will be a 4 score deficit before we get our first 1st down. Just saying. Falcons looking at Brady are like chickens looking at alligators. It’s going to be our biggest loss this season. 
Worst thing is with the divorce he’ll probably be back next year so that’s another 2 losses. 
He’s just a man. He’s not even a young, strong man. I wish I could hire a sports psychologist to work with the team. Epic and otherworldly collapse on January 8 that will be so wide and wild it will be talked about for a decade. We just turn into babbling babies around Tom Brady. Not only will we lose, we won’t get a touchdown, only a field goal or 2. It’s not just the Defense, our Offense is afraid of him too. It will be utterly humiliating for players and fans. You know it, I know it, Blank knows it. 

But we could make it to 8 wins. 

I think we can beat Washington too.  You never know which Falcons team will show up, but the Niners had the best rushing defense in the NFL and we ran on them (168 yards).  Granted, their defense was decimated up front, but still -- that team was no slouch in rushing defense.  Right now Washington is ranked 12th against the run, and other teams above them we've beaten and rushed the ball well on include the Browns (202 yards), Bears (149 yards), Chargers (201 yards) and Bucs (151 yards).

I'm not worried about their rushing defense.  I'm worried which version of our QB suits up that day.

By the way, I'd be ecstatic with 9-8.  If anyone had said right after we traded Ryan and picked up Mariota we'd end up 9-8, and they said "nah, that's too low," they were way more optimistic than me (and I tend to be pretty optimistic about our chances).

2 more wins than last season after trading away the HOF QB and replacing him with a guy who can't hold down a starting job?  All of us would have taken that before the season started.

30 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Steelers game isn’t gonna be easy. TJ Watt is back and I had the Steelers beating the Falcons in the offseason / preseason single handedly because of Watt. 

We need to run the ball.  That's true of every game, but against the Steelers it will be imperative.  Watts will straight shut down the offense if we have to pass.

2 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I don't get it. People are always thinking that other teams are bad . 

The Steelers are bad. They’re 3-7, score the 5th fewest points per game and allow the 7th most points per game. They’re likely the worst team remaining on the schedule. Just because they have a future Hall of Famer on their line doesn’t change that fact. 

47 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

The Steelers are bad. They’re 3-7, score the 5th fewest points per game and allow the 7th most points per game. They’re likely the worst team remaining on the schedule. Just because they have a future Hall of Famer on their line doesn’t change that fact. 

You really gonna quote their 3-7 record when we just lost to the 2 win panthers? 

49 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

They may be, but we're not world beaters. 

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You really gonna quote their 3-7 record when we just lost to the 2 win panthers? 

Yes I am, because my comment was replying to someone saying they don't understand why some people think other teams are bad. By pointing out their 3-7 record and the fact that they are bottom 10 in both scoring and points allowed shows that the Steelers are in fact a bad team. 

6 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Yes I am, because my comment was replying to someone saying they don't understand why some people think other teams are bad. By pointing out their 3-7 record and the fact that they are bottom 10 in both scoring and points allowed shows that the Steelers are in fact a bad team. 

Also I'm confused d about the 'qb controversy ' comment with Arizona. Murray is injured and McCoy is starting. What's the controversy? 

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Also I'm confused d about the 'qb controversy ' comment with Arizona. Murray is injured and McCoy is starting. What's the controversy? 

The rumblings from the talking heads - they were talking about it on Gameday Morning Sunday. Of course, it's just media talking about it but Murray has been less than impressive this year and McCoy looked decent last week 

Whether it's Murray or McCoy, I think the Falcons win that game anyways 

Edited by dirtybirds233