Georgia Tech vs #1 Georgia

Carter

Well seeing there's no Alabama thread going, I'll ask this here:

If Alabama is not in the playoffs, they are probably not in a New Year's Six either. LSU would have that, right?

Then if so, I see no reason for B. Young, W. Anderson, and a few others slogging it out in some December bowl risking future NFL millions. Do y'all?

Heck, they probably wouldn't play if they were in a New Year's Day bowl.

11 minutes ago, Isosceles said:

Well seeing there's no Alabama thread going, I'll ask this here:

If Alabama is not in the playoffs, they are probably not in a New Year's Six either. LSU would have that, right?

Then if so, I see no reason for B. Young, W. Anderson, and a few others slogging it out in some December bowl risking future NFL millions. Do y'all?

Heck, they probably wouldn't play if they were in a New Year's Day bowl.

Josh Pate made this point when breaking down the Iron Bowl. Most people don’t realize this was their last game. Probably because we’re so used to seeing them play for the championship. 

On 11/26/2022 at 6:45 PM, Isosceles said:

Hmmm. The more I think about it, Nash, I wouldn't blame them if they secretly wish they do NOT make the playoffs. Even getting in and winning does not seem that important, (Except for those sophomores and freshmen on the current team).

I think as competitors they’d want a shot at the title, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they're  focused on the paycheck at this point. 

Edited by NashvilleFalcon01

4 minutes ago, NashvilleFalcon01 said:

I think as competitors they’d want a shot at the title, but I wouldn’t be shocked if their focused on the paycheck at this point. 

Yes. Yes.

Hey you know what? UGA vs. Pac 12 team in season opener. UGA vs. Pac 12 team in semi (same location).

Then where is the Title Game? Sofi?

UGA in National Title game in Pac 12 country.  

On 11/26/2022 at 8:14 PM, Isosceles said:

USC could make it close against Georgia, I am beginning to think.

Not sure I see it being close beyond the 1st half. UGA has way more talent, a far better defense, and I think that defense would really make things hard for Caleb Williams who I'm actually not that impressed with anymore. He gets away with a lot of trash plays against mediocre defenses. ND is better than mediocre defensively, but they also wasted a lot of opportunities that UGA simply doesn't.

I can see USC getting very good under Lincoln Riley, but I don't think that team is ready to face Georgia in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Not sure I see it being close beyond the 1st half. UGA has way more talent, a far better defense, and I think that defense would really make things hard for Caleb Williams who I'm actually not that impressed with anymore. He gets away with a lot of trash plays against mediocre defenses. ND is better than mediocre defensively, but they also wasted a lot of opportunities that UGA simply doesn't.

I can see USC getting very good under Lincoln Riley, but I don't think that team is ready to face Georgia in the playoffs.

They're not going to like playing "Grown Man Football" when that day comes.

18 minutes ago, PapaJoe said:

They're not going to like playing "Grown Man Football" when that day comes.

Nope. USC's defense is not very good. Dawgs would impose their will and whip them up and down the field at least for the 2nd half imo. I do like USC's potential with Riley, but they're not jumping in the deep end in year 1 and swimming with the sharks.

Riley has to get a defense before he can win championships. At Oklahoma it was the same story. They could score with anyone but they couldn't stop anyone from scoring. He has yet to win a playoff game for that reason. Hes gotta focus on getting defensive talent in there to go with those QBs and WRs. It's not a given they'll beat Utah. Earlier this year when Utah beat them, the Utes had 562 yards, completed 31 of 45 passes for 420 yards and ran the ball at a 4.5 per carry clip. USC and Riley scored but they couldn't stop anything. 

16 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Riley has to get a defense before he can win championships. At Oklahoma it was the same story. They could score with anyone but they couldn't stop anyone from scoring. He has yet to win a playoff game for that reason. Hes gotta focus on getting defensive talent in there to go with those QBs and WRs. It's not a given they'll beat Utah. Earlier this year when Utah beat them, the Utes had 562 yards, completed 31 of 45 passes for 420 yards and ran the ball at a 4.5 per carry clip. USC and Riley scored but they couldn't stop anything. 

The same Utah team that lost to Florida in week one, right.

Ive watched some of USC's games they have the skill players but the trenches and depth, they eventually will get wore down like most of Georgia's opponents. Georgia's defense is top notch but Georgia's offense can constantly pressure an opposing defense all game as well. 

Im usually the consummate skeptic about Georgia and their chances, but if they play their A game even the closest team isn't likely to hang with Georgia for 60 minutes. Even Michigan would likely have problems winning more than 2 times in 10 games on a neutral site.  

6 hours ago, putnam6 said:

The same Utah team that lost to Florida in week one, right.

Ive watched some of USC's games they have the skill players but the trenches and depth, they eventually will get wore down like most of Georgia's opponents. Georgia's defense is top notch but Georgia's offense can constantly pressure an opposing defense all game as well. 

Im usually the consummate skeptic about Georgia and their chances, but if they play their A game even the closest team isn't likely to hang with Georgia for 60 minutes. Even Michigan would likely have problems winning more than 2 times in 10 games on a neutral site.  

Yeah, Richardson ran wild in that game. He ran for 3 TDs and 106 yards. If Utah contains him they would have won pretty handily.