Georgia Tech vs #1 Georgia

Carter

Well it’s the final game of the regular season and the final home games for these seniors + those who will be transferring or leaving early.

The North Avenue Trade School shocking North Carolina last week was fun, but I just don’t see this game being competitive.

Stetson is over 3000 yards passing on the season. Bowers is over 600 yards and has a *chance* to break 1000 if he has strong games against Tech, LSU, and in the playoffs.

I will guess something like 38-6 Dawgs.

GO DAWGS!

On 11/21/2022 at 3:09 PM, Carter said:

Stetson is over 3000 yards passing on the season. Bowers is over 600 yards and has a *chance* to break 1000 if he has strong games against Tech, LSU, and in the playoffs.

Carter, I realize you put the *chance* in between little asterisks, but man, this would be some TALL order!
I mean, it took 11 games to get over 600 and some of those were real weak teams. So for him to get 400 yards against 2 of the top 4 teams, 3 of the top 6 teams plus UNC-Killer GT would be quite incredible.  I can't see Georgia passing that much, and not nearly that much to Bowers, in the three games.

Now, if they wanted to, he could well get over 300 yards against GT alone!   LOL

Nevertheless, very interesting observation.

47 minutes ago, Isosceles said:

Carter, I realize you put the *chance* in between little asterisks, but man, this would be some TALL order!
I mean, it took 11 games to get over 600 and some of those were real weak teams. So for him to get 400 yards against 2 of the top 4 teams, 3 of the top 6 teams plus UNC-Killer GT would be quite incredible.  I can't see Georgia passing that much, and not nearly that much to Bowers, in the three games.

Now, if they wanted to, he could well get over 300 yards against GT alone!   LOL

Nevertheless, very interesting observation.

It's possible, but I agree with you. Not expecting it to happen. Mostly I mentioned it because UGA only has one single solitary receiver in its history that has ever broken 1000 yards - Terrence Edwards. A few have been close, which I suspect Bowers will, but only one has broken 1000.

Brice Hunter, AJ Green, Tavarres King, Mohamed Massaquoi, and Hines Ward have tallied up 900+ yard single seasons.

13 hours ago, Carter said:

It's possible, but I agree with you. Not expecting it to happen. Mostly I mentioned it because UGA only has one single solitary receiver in its history that has ever broken 1000 yards - Terrence Edwards. A few have been close, which I suspect Bowers will, but only one has broken 1000.

Brice Hunter, AJ Green, Tavarres King, Mohamed Massaquoi, and Hines Ward have tallied up 900+ yard single seasons.

Yeah Smart is completely and totally unconcerned with individual stats and style points. And the players have bought in completely. Well, the ones that don't transfer out. LOL

For Bowers to get to 1000, he'll have to have a huge game where he gets half of the remaining 400 yards in one game. Which he's certainly capable of. Might be the most compelling story line of Saturday's game.

29 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Yeah Smart is completely and totally unconcerned with individual stats and style points. And the players have bought in completely. Well, the ones that don't transfer out. LOL

For Bowers to get to 1000, he'll have to have a huge game where he gets half of the remaining 400 yards in one game. Which he's certainly capable of. Might be the most compelling story line of Saturday's game.

We need to target Bowers and we just haven't.  I have been very disappointed with our gameplans when it comes to using our best players. 

On 11/21/2022 at 3:46 PM, OrthoPTSD said:

Did you hear the GAtech crowd chanting "we want GA" after NC win?

On 11/21/2022 at 4:26 PM, Jimsmusic™ said:

Ray Romano No GIF by One Day At A Time

On 11/22/2022 at 12:54 AM, SacFalcFan said:

Yep i saw the game and heard that chant.. LOLOL

Be careful what you wish for...

19 hours ago, Dawggone said:

I’ve been wondering if Bowers is hurt more than let on. Other than the “sort of” flukey tipped TD against Florida, haven’t been many if any big plays since Kent State

Bowers was limited some, but if you rewatch the games he is in there blocking like a mad man.. He isn't hurt.  Honestly teams are doing their best to cover him and make it more difficult to get the ball to him.  however as a staff your job is to get him in positions to be productive and they haven't done that at all.