Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

DonDaLuvMaker

I will leave this thread by saying:

• If Justin Fields becomes the passer Lamar Jackson is - We will look really dumb passing on him.
  • If Justin Fields continues to be nothing more than a runner with Mariota level passing ability - We will look really smart for passing on him.

Both options are very possible but only time will tell. 

14 hours ago, FalconsFan36 said:

So what does Matt Ryan have to do with your critiquing of Fields again? Prior to the season all the talk on here was how Matt would play lights out behind the colts monster O line. So far he's looked no different than when he was here. Let's also not forget that Chicago has an awful offensive line as well which would explain most of his runs.

the colts OL has been awful this year regardless if matt played or not. they were trash the 2 games matt was on the bench. i think they had like 11 sacks in 2 games with ehlinger playing who is more mobile then ryan. the colts OL is trash

We have a Mobile QB who looks far better than what we got out of Matt. And don't forget how Fields is literally on his second HC learning a new system in his second year.

so many excuses yall give players he had a whole offseason to learn the system and its week 11 you think he doesnt understand the system by now? plus again another week he cant get pass 200 yards 

14 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

Aren’t some of these touting that he needs better players around him the same that were saying MR needed everything around him to be perfect to win? 

moody, kmet, st.brown, claypool, and montgomery arent good? they have weapons justin fields just cant throw they had 18 rushes with fields to 21 passes

Players need the right culture and the right system.  How many great players have we seen in college only to come to the pro's and totally flame out?  The first couple of years in the pro's is the most critical in their development.  They need to be brought along at the right pace, to grow in experience and confidence.  This is exactly why Arthur Smith is not rushing Des.  He doesn't want a Carr situation, or God forbid a Ryan Leaf level meltdown.

8 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

moody, kmet, st.brown, claypool, and montgomery arent good? they have weapons justin fields just cant throw they had 18 rushes with fields to 21 passes

I, in no way, shape or form, make any excuses for his play. He has more than enough of those doing that for him.

He was never supposed to be a great passer he was brought in as more of a prototype to what Ridder came become without taking all those hits. He's the veteran and is literally the definition of a stop gap QB.

there is no way you thought the passing offense was gonna be like this

We had a strong run game last year as well. All I'm saying is that with Mariottas feet we've played much better because of the ability to stretch the field.

our run game was terrible last year did you forget davis was our main rb.

Edited by kenn.junior

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

• If Justin Fields becomes the passer Lamar Jackson is - We will look really dumb passing on him.
  • If Justin Fields continues to be nothing more than a runner with Mariota level passing ability - We will look really smart for passing on him.

no we wouldnt cuz there are a million qbs in college that can be just as good as fields 

Just now, treboyplay said:

I don’t know what post you speak of cause I don’t live on here. I saw this one and commented. But like I said, whatever. 

Funny how that always seems to work. If you didn't know, named poster does nothing but mock the Falcons for not drafting Fields and goes above and beyond to rub it in in attempt to piss posters off. He asked for this with his own posting

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

That's fair to say.  But Falcons won't be the only dumb-looking ones if he's LJ 2.0, since roughly a third of the league skipped right on by him.

34 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

that shouldnt even be a debate ryan is way better then flacco the only thing flacco has over ryan is the fact that flacco played with lewis, reed, suggs, and ngata while ryan played with a trash defense his whole career here

That was a white hot debate back in the day though, member?

16 hours ago, Rings said:

People need to stop watching highlight plays on Sport Center and actually watch games.  This is who Justin Fields is.  90% of his high light plays are of his rushing ability, not passing.  There is a reason for that.  No, we shouldn’t have drafted him.  He holds the ball forever.  When’s the last game we had four sacks in a game?  Oh, and he’s mobile?  Thought that was supposed to prevent sacks?  

Ryan at 37 years old took 3 sacks behind an awful oline against the Eagles d-line, one of the best in the league.  Fields took 4 against one of the worst today.  Let that sink in.  In fact can we put this stupid theory to bed?

Being a mobile QB does not help with the amount of sacks taken. 

Wait you mean you have to have some level of processing speed & ability to avoid sacks? Just being athletic doesn’t cut it? 

IVE BEEN LIED TO