Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

Just now, FalconsFan36 said:

I'm not confusing anything at all😆. And actually, no it couldn't have been done with Ryan because running was never his strong suit. He's only running because that's all he can do behind Indys so called great Online. You are literally basing all of this on one run against the raiders of all teams too🙄😑.  Meanwhile everyone with football knowledge knows that a run first QB Is not ideal to win a SB but posters like u keep reiterating the crap like we don't already know that.

We ran this offense in 2016 and it worked out pretty well. Y’all try way too hard 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, A Dog Named Brian said:

He can’t see the whole field either, that same game (like the others) he had people running WIDE OPEN but he’s a one and done QB with his reads 

Yup. And he doesn't even want to throw to his first read at times. As I said in the game thread, Claypool was open on a third and short for four full seconds. Fields was looking at him for a full second before he finally grudgingly threw the ball.

8 minutes ago, Rings said:

I 100% get that.  But being a mobile QB doesn’t make you good.  You still have to be able to do all the other things a pocket QB does well for it to matter.  Mahomes is great because of his throwing ability.  He would still be a really good QB if he wasn’t athletic.  Josh Allen is a great thrower, he just happens to be able to run.  Again, would still be a good QB if you took away his running ability.  They are both elite because they have both.  The goal would be to have both.  But if you can only have one, give me someone who can pass the football consistently than someone who can run around and make a couple exciting plays a game but then crumble when you have to rely on your arm.

I agree with what you are saying but those are the 2 best qbs in the NFL. Fields does not need to be on those levels to be a good QB in the league. If he can even get close to Lamars level as a passer he will be a top 10 QB.

16 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

this is FIELDS 2nd season in the NFL - he has been on the worst offensive talent team in the NFL in those two seasons.   He is producing at a good level now in spite of the team deficiencies.   Why is there such a strong desire to label him some kind of a BUST after about 15 starts?  What's the rush?     People on  this board are actually MAD at Fields success the last month because it invalidates all the trash talk they have been spewing for 3+ years.      Let it breathe.

Exactly. This right here. 

Yeah, a lot of ppl still don't get it that the Bears have the worst offensive line and worst offensive talent in the NFL (outside of Fields). The Falcons O-line while not great, is much better than the Bears O-line, plus, Pitts and London are way more talent than the Bears receiving core. The Falcons horrible D-line was able to break thru the Bears O-line many times, yet Fields still escaped many times. 

52 minutes ago, Tribal Chief said:

He hit his lineman in the head with the football. Ran into his own lineman Mark Sanchez like minus the fumble. 

But man he was running that thang

that one throw on the sideline to Montgomery was a beauty though. Probably his best pass of the day

In TF WE TRUST 😂🤣😂

36 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

We have a Mobile QB who looks far better than what we got out of Matt. And don't forget how Fields is literally on his second HC learning a new system in his second year.

Go check out Mariota’s stats through 11 games this season vs Ryan’s through 11 games last season. Let me know your definition of ‘far better’ when you’re done. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I’ve never seen so much hate for a player by some of you. He left UGA. You won a natty. Get over it. You won in the end

I just made this thread to dig at Spt1 for his talk about Fields as if he was gonna go wild on the Falcons.

Fields is a playmaker, but he ain't a good QB.

1 minute ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Go check out Mariota’s stats through 11 games this season vs Ryan’s through 11 games last season. Let me know your definition of ‘far better when you’re done. 

Did I once mention stats? Did stats win us enough games to make the playoffs last year? I'm looking at things from an aesthetic standpoint. I don't need to look up stats.

Edited by FalconsFan36

36 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Fields stats for the Falcons game:

14/21 - 153yds,  1 TD, 1 Int(at games end), sacked 4 times by the AWESOME falcons passrush - 84.0 QB rating

18 rushes, 85 yards

terrible OLine (again, Falcons had 4 sacks)

Weapons:   David Montgomery(RB), Mooney(top WR), What's an Equanimeous?(WR) and Cole Kmet

Fields is doing it all w/o talent around him - they have $100mm in cap room next year - he is playing well the last several games, played well in this game as well.    However don't let facts get in the way of a post.

18 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Why is he running?

Because his offensive line cannot pass protect and his receivers cannot get open.

The Falcons passrush is absolute TRASH -and you and everyone on this board knows it - yet we had 4 sacks today - that's not a coincidence.   Bears passblocking is worse than Falcons passrush - that's not easy to do - but Bears OLine pulls it off.

The same reason Mariota is running.  They aren’t good passers.  They are good runners. Their coaches are playing to their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses.  

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

I’ve never seen so much hate for a player by some of you. He left UGA. You won a natty. Get over it. You won in the end

Keep in mind, a huge chunk of the Falcons fanbase aren't UGA fans either. Many are Georgia Tech fans, Bama fans, Tennessee fans, Florida State fans, etc. Many aren't even college football fans period. So "you won a natty" doesn't apply to ALL of the Falcons fanbase. There's just been a lot of quarterback controversy & mixed opinions across the entire fanbase for 20 years ongoing since the never ending Vick vs. Ryan debate. I appreciated what both of them did for this city at the time. 

11 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I agree with what you are saying but those are the 2 best qbs in the NFL. Fields does not need to be on those levels to be a good QB in the league. If he can even get close to Lamars level as a passer he will be a top 10 QB.

That’s a massive if. 

Every reason I didn’t want to draft Fields presented itself today. Has considerable accuracy problems, can’t read defenses, I saw his receivers running wide open at times where he’d take off running and get pounded on.

And the injuries are already starting from him running so much. Hamstring problem, shoulder issues. His type of play isn’t sustainable over any long period of time.

6 minutes ago, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

I just made this thread to dig at Spt1 for his talk about Fields as if he was gonna go wild on the Falcons.

Fields is a playmaker, but he ain't a good QB.

Still way too early in his career to make that final call. He's broken NFL records beyond the worst offensive line and worst offensive talent in the NFL. I get he's not clutch in 4th quarter situations and he hasn't been that good in the pass, but he's nowhere near his peak yet. 

6 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Did I once mention stats? Did stats win us enough games to make the playoffs last year? I'm looking at things from an aesthetic standpoint. I don't need to look up stats.

Oh.  Ok.  Let’s ignore all the actual facts that are out there, let’s go off of perception, feelings and opinions instead.  Ya.  That makes perfect sense.

Just now, Rings said:

Oh.  Ok.  Let’s ignore all the actual facts that are out there, let’s go off of perception, feelings and opinions instead.  Ya.  That makes perfect sense.

I’ll give credit where it’s due…. At least he was honest about forgoing facts. That’s actually kind of refreshing to see 

Just now, Rings said:

Feelings,Perception? Did we make the playoffs with all those stats? 🤨. This offense looks much smoother than what we've had previously. And yes it does make sense