Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Fields stats for the Falcons game:

14/21 - 153yds,  1 TD, 1 Int(at games end), sacked 4 times by the AWESOME falcons passrush - 84.0 QB rating

18 rushes, 85 yards

terrible OLine (again, Falcons had 4 sacks)

Weapons:   David Montgomery(RB), Mooney(top WR), What's an Equanimeous?(WR) and Cole Kmet

Fields is doing it all w/o talent around him - they have $100mm in cap room next year - he is playing well the last several games, played well in this game as well.    However don't let facts get in the way of a post.

Fields isn't a good NFL QB when it comes to passing. I don't think he even feels confident in his passing ability now.

I always thought Fields should've sat as a rookie to develop more as a passer before being thrown out there as a starter. To bad the last Bears regime was on the hot seat and had to play him.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

14/21 - 153yds,  1 TD, 1 Int(at games end), sacked 4 times by the AWESOME falcons passrush - 84.0 QB rating

18 rushes, 85 yards

Weapons:   David Montgomery(RB), Mooney(top WR), What's an Equanimeous?(WR) and Cole Kmet

Fields is doing it all w/o talent around him - they have $100mm in cap room next year - he is playing well the last several games, played well in this game as well.    However don't let facts get in the way of a post.

My issue is he doesn't seem to see the whole field and he is very inaccurate. Inaccuracy is inaccuracy. Mariota is the same way... He's got Pitts and London, he's still inaccurate. Fields had Mooney open by 20 yards and overthrew him by another 10...

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

18 rushes, 85 yards

He put up that amazing stat line against the defense with the least amount of talent on it in the league.  Fields doesn’t have a lot of help, I agree with that.  But that doesn’t change the fact he misses wide open receivers way too often, he is still VERY slow to read a defense which was his concern two years ago before he came out.  He may progress in the passing game someday, he very well could.  But NOTHING so far points that that will be the case.  I just don’t get people going to bat so hard for him when he has never shown that in the NFL.  It’s possible, but the odds are not in his favor at this point.

Just now, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

Fields isn't a good NFL QB when it comes to passing. I don't think he even feels confident in his passing ability now.

I always thought Fields should've sat as a rookie to develop more as a passer before being thrown out there as a starter. To bad the last Bears regime was on the hot seat and had to play him.

he needs REAL NFL TALENT around him.  He is a good passer but he is under siege every time he drops back - more protection will lead to better decisions and more completions.   Once he gets that, he can develop more traditionally - right now, it's survival for him and he is making the most of his situation.

Just now, Rings said:

He put up that amazing stat line against the defense with the least amount of talent on it in the league.  Fields doesn’t have a lot of help, I agree with that.  But that doesn’t change the fact he misses wide open receivers way too often, he is still VERY slow to read a defense which was his concern two years ago before he came out.  He may progress in the passing game someday, he very well could.  But NOTHING so far points that that will be the case.  I just don’t get people going to bat so hard for him when he has never shown that in the NFL.  It’s possible, but the odds are not in his favor at this point.

He’s a younger Mariota. He had an opportunity to really start honing his craft under Kirby but his ego is his downfall 

6 minutes ago, Rings said:

What?  You actually think Mariota looks better than Ryan did here?  Not just better but “FAR” better?

From a mobile standpoint yes that part is obvious. I like how I tried to make it seem as though I was saying Mariotta was the better QB. I said better than what we saw from Matt last year.

4 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Montgomery's running grade on PFF: 63.8

Mooney's receiving grade on PFF: 69.6

Brown's receiving grade on PFF: 57.1

Kmet's receiving grade on PFF: 64.6

Fields' passing grade on PFF: 51.7

And just for fun, Chicago's offensive line grades are 65.5, 69.2, 78.8, 70.4, and 64.9 (plus 66.6 for the swing tackle).

One player is definitely letting down their teammates...

19 minutes ago, Rings said:

Being a mobile QB does not help with the amount of sacks taken. 

Mobile qbs tend to run themselves into some sacks but they more than make up for it with the rushing yards and backyard throws. 

That throw to Montgomery and the crazy backyard play where we missed about 5 sacks were plays only a mobile qb can make. 

Fields decision making and progressions have a lot of work to do but he was good enough to win today. Bears defense stinks just as much as ours.

Just now, jidady said:

Montgomery's running grade on PFF: 63.8

Mooney's receiving grade on PFF: 69.6

Brown's receiving grade on PFF: 57.1

Kmet's receiving grade on PFF: 64.6

Fields' passing grade on PFF: 51.7

And just for fun, Chicago's offensive line grades are 65.5, 69.2, 78.8, 70.4, and 64.9 (plus 66.6 for the swing tackle).

One player is definitely letting down their teammates...

Get outta your feelings bro 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Rings said:

this is FIELDS 2nd season in the NFL - he has been on the worst offensive talent team in the NFL in those two seasons.   He is producing at a good level now in spite of the team deficiencies.   Why is there such a strong desire to label him some kind of a BUST after about 15 starts?  What's the rush?     People on  this board are actually MAD at Fields success the last month because it invalidates all the trash talk they have been spewing for 3+ years.      Let it breathe.

1 minute ago, FalconsFan36 said:

From a mobile standpoint yes that part is obvious. I like how I tried to make it seem as though I was saying Mariotta was the better QB. I said better than what we saw from Matt last year.

Mobility?  Yes.  Actually playing the QB position?  No.  Not remotely close.

Actually.  Mariota’s longest rush this year was only 30 yards.  Ryan had a 39 yard run last week.  Maybe we just misused Ryan all this time after all….

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

the crazy backyard play where we missed about 5 sacks were plays only a mobile qb can make. 

I used that play as an example of why he's terrible. He had an open receiver at the three yard line on a TD play. He turned that into 15 seconds of chaos with a messy first down. That play (temporarily) cost his team four points because he desperately wants to run, not go through his reads.