Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

DonDaLuvMaker

On 11/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, Spts1 said:

Look. I've never seen so much hate for a player who has played ZERO downs for the Falcons.  The hate is stemming from the fact that the Falcons SHOULD have drafted Fields. Thats why you have 1,000 posts trying to convince people that Fields is a scrub.  If he was a scrub, state that and bounce, but no, its over and over and over. Justin Fields is a winner and a competitor who got drafted by a scrub organization.  

The people who create these "the Falcons should have drafted Fields" threads are just starting the garbage on purpose, trying to create discord on the board.

Ok, as you requested. Fields is a scrub whose history of wins was propped by a one read offense at osu (still didn't result in any team trophies). I'm glad we passed on him as did multiple other qb hungry teams. The player who we chose will end up with a much better resume in the long term because Fields has no ability to discern and no confidence to throw to open recievers. Sandlot hero ball is his forte, and it will eventually end his career.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:56 PM, FalconsFan36 said:

Wow Ryan had a 39 yard run against a pathetic Raider team 🎉🤣🤣. And as far as I've seen the offense has flowed much better with Mariotta despite his shortcomings .

That is because, according to head coach and play-caller Arthur Smith, the entire play book is now available. Arthur Smith stated he could not run all of the plays.

1 hour ago, jidady said:

At this point, Fields looks like a wasted draft pick so what you're discussing is a lateral move anyway.

Lol yeah a wasted pick alright.

- Bears Lowest Cap spent on offense
- Bears Lowest Cap spent on Defense
- Bears Most dead Cap in the NFL
- Lost 6 of 8 games by 1 score or less.

Meanwhile he was on pace for 3800 yards, 31 TDs and 12 turnovers carrying that awful team on his back. Season is either over or ruined now because of the injury. 

But yeah, All Fields fault in Chicago. Like I said with the last poster... Agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

Neither one is gonna be a starting QB in 2 years so its irrelevant. 

Wilson = Rosen and Fields = Mariota

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Agree to disagree

If I had to bet though I'd have my money on Fields over Wilson.

Wilson's problem is the amount of effort he puts in on the field during games. Read a report that Jets are upset with him because he wants to look cool without learning the fundamentals. He's trying to do no-look and side-arm passes when he shouldn't be attempting those throws as well as struggling to read defenses. He's also arrogant and not listening, so they sat him.

Fields needs to become a better passer and shy away from running at the high rate that he does, but at least we can say that he doesn't try to be Patrick Mahomes when he isn't on that level.

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

1) Lol yeah a wasted pick alright.

2) Lost 6 of 8 games by 1 score or less.

3) Meanwhile he was on pace for...

But yeah, All Fields fault in Chicago. Like I said with the last poster... Agree to disagree.

1) Yes. When you draft a QB by using multiple first round picks and then you still need a QB two seasons later, you've wasted a pick.

2) You know what might have helped them in those one-score games? Having a quarterback who could complete a pass when needed.

3) barely passing for 2,500 yards (2,547) and 20 TDs (against 12 INTs) in a *17* game season.

4) He currently has a lower passer grade than any of the players on his offense you just tried to diminish based on salary in terms of positional grading. There was only one starting QB in the NFL with a lower passer grade than him, and that player just got benched. And Davis Mills, who is better than him as a passer, just got benched. So...

5 minutes ago, jidady said:

1) Yes. When you draft a QB by using multiple first round picks and then you still need a QB two seasons later, you've wasted a pick.

2) You know what might have helped them in those one-score games? Having a quarterback who could complete a pass when needed.

3) barely passing for 2,500 yards (2,547) and 20 TDs (against 12 INTs) in a *17* game season.

4) He currently has a lower passer grade than any of the players on his offense you just tried to diminish based on salary in terms of positional grading. There was only one starting QB in the NFL with a lower passer grade than him, and that player just got benched. And Davis Mills, who is better than him as a passer, just got benched. So...

Funny how you just discredit the rushing aspect and erase half of What I said and only want to cherry pick what works for your argument. Last I checked yards and tds count the same does not matter how they come. Last I checked they are one of the highest scoring offenses over the last 5-6 games. Weird how everyone knows "he can't pass" yet they keep scoring. 

Let's not blame the defense for being one of the worst in the league. Nah that's Fields fault too. When Fields is putting up close to 30 or more every week somehow it's HIS fault the defense can't stop a nosebleed and are losing.

But hey keep relying on your PFF grades... the same grades that put grady at a 40 some rating Last week and mykal as one our best players. Like I already said, agree to disagree.

3 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Funny how you just discredit the rushing aspect and erase half of What I said

Yes because that half only happens if a QB isn't passing, which defeats the purpose of the position. This isn't high school.

As I just said, a guy who has started EVERY football this year is on pace for barely 2,500 receiving yards at a time when the league plays 17 games, not 16. It's almost incomprehensible how bad/unwilling he is at passing.

That dude just passed for 153 yards against our pathetic defense, the one that had been giving up 290 yards per game.

Wasted. Draft. Pick.

8 hours ago, jidady said:

Yes because that half only happens if a QB isn't passing, which defeats the purpose of the position. This isn't high school.

As I just said, a guy who has started EVERY football this year is on pace for barely 2,500 receiving yards at a time when the league plays 17 games, not 16. It's almost incomprehensible how bad/unwilling he is at passing.

That dude just passed for 153 yards against our pathetic defense, the one that had been giving up 290 yards per game.

Wasted. Draft. Pick.

Pitts has barely over 300 yards. Wasted. draft. pick. 

See how easy that is to do. Let's ignore everything around the player and only focus on one thing that fits the argument.