Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

DonDaLuvMaker

27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’m just messin’ with you a little. Peeps in here get way too emotionally wound tight about QBs, both in here and out there, IMO. It’s an important position, but folks act like it’s the only position. All the zillions of Mariota threads, but hardly a peep about our bad defense which continually has been the bigger issue this season to me.

Frankly I’ve liked TF/AS’s approach, build the team infrastructure first. Hopefully Ridder is the guy when they deem him ready, but if not draft your QB when most of other pieces are in place. As your guy fields (and Jax Lawrence) are finding out, it’s really tough for a QB to succeed in this league when the rest of your team stinks. 

Its been that way even with Ryan.  75 percent of the posts would be about Ryan (the quarterback) as if the other positions don't mean anything.  Now is Mariota to Ridder.  Its why I hate the fact that the NFL promotes quarterbacks over other players.  The NBA does the same thing:  Lebron and the Los Angeles Lakers take on Trae Young and the Atlanta Hawks.  They push that stuff and the "fans" feed into it.

3 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

@Vandy  Thats what I'm talking about.  When I said I'm ready for Ridder, its OBVIOUS I'm not talking about Justin Fields.  I would then respond to comments like this and there it goes, I suddenly have a "Justin Fields agenda".  

You spent that entire post talking about how good Fields was, and that you wanted the Falcons to draft him, that it was a mistake to not take him. You obviously wanted Fields here. It's a perfectly logical question.

4 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Its been that way even with Ryan.  75 percent of the posts would be about Ryan (the quarterback) as if the other positions don't mean anything.  Now is Mariota to Ridder.  Its why I hate the fact that the NFL promotes quarterbacks over other players.  The NBA does the same thing:  Lebron and the Los Angeles Lakers take on Trae Young and the Atlanta Hawks.  They push that stuff and the "fans" feed into it.

For sure. 

One could make a strong argument both bears and falcons have been the 2 least talented teams in nfl during that entire time period. Yet everyone blames their QBs. 

On 11/20/2022 at 4:51 PM, g-dawg said:

this is FIELDS 2nd season in the NFL - he has been on the worst offensive talent team in the NFL in those two seasons.   He is producing at a good level now in spite of the team deficiencies.   Why is there such a strong desire to label him some kind of a BUST after about 15 starts?  What's the rush?     People on  this board are actually MAD at Fields success the last month because it invalidates all the trash talk they have been spewing for 3+ years.      Let it breathe.

people did the same thing to Tebow...probably because he sucked too

1 hour ago, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

What NFL folks said Fields is the best QB in that draft?

The voices in his head, the same ones that claim a QB of a team that has won one out of the last 8 games is an MVP candidate.

At this point, you should just look at his posts as a weird kind of performance art.

On 11/20/2022 at 4:41 PM, g-dawg said:

Fields stats for the Falcons game:

14/21 - 153yds,  1 TD, 1 Int(at games end), sacked 4 times by the AWESOME falcons passrush - 84.0 QB rating

18 rushes, 85 yards

terrible OLine (again, Falcons had 4 sacks)

Weapons:   David Montgomery(RB), Mooney(top WR), What's an Equanimeous?(WR) and Cole Kmet

Fields is doing it all w/o talent around him - they have $100mm in cap room next year - he is playing well the last several games, played well in this game as well.    However don't let facts get in the way of a post.

84 QBR!  ****!  I was wron…

Oh you said 84 passer rating.. NM

8 minutes ago, Red-E said:

I wasn't a JF fan but how can you even think about trashing any quarterback. We have Marcus Mariota which darn near have the same stats in year 8 as JF has in year 2

My thread is in response to a poster that talked about how great Fields was right now and how the Falcons should've drafted him. He also talked about how Fields was going to go off on the Falcons pretty much.

He even put Fields as his profile picture throughout the week and now he's changed it since Fields and the Bears lost lol

Edited by DonGonnaFindTFOut

2 minutes ago, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

My thread is in response to a poster that talked about how great Fields was right now and how the Falcons should've drafted him. He also talked about how Fields was going to go off on the Falcons pretty much.

He even put Fields as his profile picture throughout the week and now he's changed it since Fields and the Bears lost lol

Oh okay gotcha. Yeah that made no sense. Not a fan of our QB situation but I never thought that was going to happen.

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Look. I've never seen so much hate for a player who has played ZERO downs for the Falcons.  The hate is stemming from the fact that the Falcons SHOULD have drafted Fields. Thats why you have 1,000 posts trying to convince people that Fields is a scrub.  If he was a scrub, state that and bounce, but no, its over and over and over. Justin Fields is a winner and a competitor who got drafted by a scrub organization.  

The people who create these "the Falcons should have drafted Fields" threads are just starting the garbage on purpose, trying to create discord on the board.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Fields at one point in time attended UGA and then there was a very vocal minority that were convinced we should have drafted him and that he would be a good qb in the NFL. 

14 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I will leave this thread by saying:

• If Justin Fields becomes the passer Lamar Jackson is - We will look really dumb passing on him.
  • If Justin Fields continues to be nothing more than a runner with Mariota level passing ability - We will look really smart for passing on him.

Both options are very possible but only time will tell. 

Lamar Jackson is looking pretty mediocre this year as well

15 hours ago, Spts1 said:

That's just American culture in general. We are an individualistic society--one that's driven by individual freedom, achievement, and competition. It has its pros and cons, but one of the ugly side-effects of it is this need to promote oneself or crown one person over others. It may as a result have produced outstanding individual players and efforts, but it also tends to produce a toxic dog-eat-dog culture (like we all know about the parent(s) who are yelling at their kids coaches).