Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread

DonDaLuvMaker

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Where did I say JF was an elite QB? You are the one making it sound easy that you can just draft any QB and they will be better.

i said there are plenty of QBs who are just as good as fields thats playing in college and will play in college. he not the last qb to be drafted. it makes no sense to say "the falcons will regret not taking fields" when there are 1000 qbs who will be coming out in the upcoming years. who can be a franchise player for the falcons. we might already have one on the roster now.

9 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

he looked good running the ball yea but at the end of the game what happen over threw a pass and was carted to the locker room after the game he had 18 rushes and 21 passes thats not gonna work long term plus are defense isnt a huge measuring stick

I get where you're coming from on that stance. I'll give the kid 1 more year before I label him a bad QB though. He needs to learn to protect his body also.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Look. I've never seen so much hate for a player who has played ZERO downs for the Falcons.  The hate is stemming from the fact that the Falcons SHOULD have drafted Fields. Thats why you have 1,000 posts trying to convince people that Fields is a scrub.  If he was a scrub, state that and bounce, but no, its over and over and over. Justin Fields is a winner and a competitor who got drafted by a scrub organization.  

The people who create these "the Falcons should have drafted Fields" threads are just starting the garbage on purpose, trying to create discord on the board.

^^^^^^

@Tribal Chief @TheTrue7

happy-excited.gif

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Look. I've never seen so much hate for a player who has played ZERO downs for the Falcons.  The hate is stemming from the fact that the Falcons SHOULD have drafted Fields. Thats why you have 1,000 posts trying to convince people that Fields is a scrub.  If he was a scrub, state that and bounce, but no, its over and over and over. Justin Fields is a winner and a competitor who got drafted by a scrub organization.  

The people who create these "the Falcons should have drafted Fields" threads are just starting the garbage on purpose, trying to create discord on the board.

People hated on Ryan his entire time here. Some posters even talked about the man's wife.

Fields can get the same treatment, minus the wife bashing.

9 minutes ago, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

People hated on Ryan his entire time here. Some posters even talked about the man's wife.

Fields can get the same treatment, minus the wife bashing.

From top to bottom that post is gold..

Never seen someone who never played a down for the Falcons be so hated? I have.. believe we refer to them as the Stains. or any other rival.. or team that has had our number.. multiple examples.

Staying doubling down with the "SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED" mantra.. even though results are proving that a wise decision not to.

Embellishing people's sentiments to the point he's suddenly being "called a scrub". Have yet to see a single post stating that.

He's a winner? Where? What did he win?

But the kicker.. "trying to create a discord".. What was he doing all week leading up to that game? What does he do in UGA forums (as an OSU fan)? What does he do in Hawks forums (as a Celtics fan)? What does he do in Braves forums (as a Padres fan)?

That's gold..

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

From top to bottom that post is gold..

Never seen someone who never played a down for the Falcons be so hated? I have.. believe we refer to them as the Stains. or any other rival.. or team that has had our number.. multiple examples.

Staying doubling down with the "SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED" mantra.. even though results are proving that a wise decision not to.

Embellishing people's sentiments to the point he's suddenly being "called a scrub". Have yet to see a single post stating that.

He's a winner? Where? What did he win?

But the kicker.. "trying to create a discord".. What was he doing all week leading up to that game? What does he do in UGA forums (as an OSU fan)? What does he do in Hawks forums (as a Celtics fan)? What does he do in Braves forums (as a Padres fan)?

That's gold..

Exactly!

Fields is getting amped up and false accolades by some of his followers.

3 hours ago, Spts1 said:

So what about what you were doing all of last week?

Time will tell with Fields. As of right now, I'm not impressed and do not think he would've been worth the #4 pick. 

He looks stellar running the ball, but he just doesn't have the passing ability needed from an NFL QB. QBs that have to rely on their legs to be successful don't last long in the NFL whether due to injury or defenses forcing them to pass the ball. See Vick, RG3, and Newton. Shoot, you could even put Mariota in that category. 

Edited by dirtybirds233

Just now, dirtybirds233 said:

Pretty much how the game day thread was. ‘Told you so’ comments on Fields’ two touchdowns with complete silence on all of his overthrows and missed passes 

Yep

Bash Falcons and worship Fields when stuff is going good, but silent and hate when people mention the actual problems with his play when he loses.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Did I create a Justin Fields THREAD?  I've never done that.  I've only responded to criticism of Justin Fields.  I've only responded, just like in this thread.

You haven’t, but you certainly been pumping JF up every chance you could inside those numerous threads started by the others, my man.  🤓

12 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You haven’t, but you certainly been pumping JF up every chance you could inside those numerous threads started by others, my man.  🤓

I've pumped up the fact that he is a very good quarterback. Yes, I have done that.  My intent has to never cause division or ridicule other quarterbacks.  When i did it was in RESPONSE to someone's criticism.  Responding to comments and starting threads to create this chaos are two different things.  If I had the agenda that folks claim, why is it I have NEVER started a Justin Field thread? 

Let me say something else.  Had he looked very good Sunday, I would have commented on that, yes. He still should have been the Falcons pick at 4.  The other choice was to trade back.  NFL folks now say that Justin Fields was the best quarterback in THAT draft, backing up what I believe the Falcons should have done if they just HAD to stay at 4 in that draft.

On a side note, I'm ready for Ridder.  I'm tired of seeing this offense.  It looks VERY ugly right now.

11 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

On a side note, I'm ready for Ridder.  I'm tired of seeing this offense.  It looks VERY ugly right now.

? What do you think it would look like with Fields? It would look very similar, probably worse. He ran for 325 yards and 3 TDs in the 2 previous games, went 0-2. Bears are on a 4 game losing streak.

51 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

I've pumped up the fact that he is a very good quarterback. Yes, I have done that.  My intent has to never cause division or ridicule other quarterbacks.  When i did it was in RESPONSE to someone's criticism.  Responding to comments and starting threads to create this chaos are two different things.  If I had the agenda that folks claim, why is it I have NEVER started a Justin Field thread? 

Let me say something else.  Had he looked very good Sunday, I would have commented on that, yes. He still should have been the Falcons pick at 4.  The other choice was to trade back.  NFL folks now say that Justin Fields was the best quarterback in THAT draft, backing up what I believe the Falcons should have done if they just HAD to stay at 4 in that draft.

I’m just messin’ with you a little. Peeps in here get way too emotionally wound tight about QBs, both in here and out there, IMO. It’s an important position, but folks act like it’s the only position. All the zillions of Mariota threads, but hardly a peep about our bad defense …in fact, folks in here for 2 seasons now have claimed with a straight face what a great job our DC is doing ……bad defense has continually has been the bigger issue for me.

Frankly I’ve liked TF/AS’s approach, build the team infrastructure first. Hopefully Ridder is the guy when they deem him ready, but if not draft your QB when most of other pieces are in place. As your guy fields (and Jax Lawrence) are finding out, it’s really tough for a QB to succeed in this league when the rest of your team stinks. 

27 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

What NFL folks said Fields is the best QB in that draft?

Also, my thread has not caused chaos. Stop being so over dramatic lol

Edited by DonGonnaFindTFOut

27 minutes ago, falconidae said:

? What do you think it would look like with Fields? It would look very similar, probably worse. He ran for 325 yards and 3 TDs in the 2 previous games, went 0-2. Bears are on a 4 game losing streak.

@Vandy  Thats what I'm talking about.  When I said I'm ready for Ridder, its OBVIOUS I'm not talking about Justin Fields.  I would then respond to comments like this and there it goes, I suddenly have a "Justin Fields agenda".  

laugh-charles-barkley.gif