Jump to content

Fields not drafted by Falcons appreciation thread


DonDaLuvMaker
 Share

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, kenn.junior said:

what does that have to do with not having the ability to pass over 200 yards in a game more than once this season with 11 games played? think about that in 26 games he has 5 200+ yd passing games thats terrible

Terrible by Chicago's standards? Of course u know Matt Nagy was his coach last year and surely you know he's in just year 2 with a new system? He still has plenty of time to get things right and didn't look half bad against us even with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kenn.junior said:

so you think justin fields is the last qb thats gonna be good? it ends with him huh by your logic. so every qb that comes out from now on are automatic bust? justin fields is in the same discussion with all those qbs you just mentioned justin fields has done nothing in the nfl so far just like them just cuz he has gotten 100 yards rushing the last couple of games does not mean he is an elite qb

Where did I say JF was an elite QB? You are the one making it sound easy that you can just draft any QB and they will be better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, FalconsFan36 said:

We have a Mobile QB who looks far better than what we got out of Matt. And don't forget how Fields is literally on his second HC learning a new system in his second year.

WTH???

Who are you talking about?  When will the Falcons start him?

I have been kept in the dark again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

He still has plenty of time to get things right

In the NFL, you get two years as a starter. If your team isn't winning by that, they look for your replacement. If the Bears draft high enough this year, they'll scout QBs heavily because they know Fields ain't the guy. There's plenty of sample size to show he doesn't want to pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Terrible by Chicago's standards? Of course u know Matt Nagy was his coach last year and surely you know he's in just year 2 with a new system? He still has plenty of time to get things right and didn't look half bad against us even with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

That is a desperate argument.  Who was Marcus Mariota's HC last season?  What year is he in?  Who did Mariota beat yesterday?

Fields did not look half bad.  He looked bad.  He is not an NFL QB.

Why are you posting this nonsense? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NorthGaBoy said:

That is a desperate argument.  Who was Marcus Mariota's HC last season?  What year is he in?  Who did Mariota beat yesterday?

Fields did not look half bad.  He looked bad.  He is not an NFL QB.

Why are you posting this nonsense? 

Desperate argument how so? He did not look bad at all. Not sure which game you watched but ye played well despite some overthrows. The narrative that ye played bad is just out of spite . And maybe if u read my other post u would see where I said Mariotta was nothing more than a stop gap QB. A prototype of what Ridder can be except Ridder has more skills and will take less hits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconsFan36 said:

I've already been through this with another poster. My whole point was that the offense to me looked much more fluid this year than last.

Not so fast there Slippery Slim.  You were comparing QBs.  Now, you are comparing offenses.  That is some slick slip sliding Slim.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Desperate argument how so? He did not look bad at all. Not sure which game you watched but ye played well despite some overthrows. The narrative that ye played bad is just out of spite . And maybe if u read my other post u would see where I said Mariotta was nothing more than a stop gap QB. A prototype of what Ridder can be except Ridder has more skills and will take less hits.

OK, so anyone who watched the game will agree with you.  And, my opinion is just out of spite.  How old are you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NorthGaBoy said:

OK, so anyone who watched the game will agree with you.  And, my opinion is just out of spite.  How old are you?

Who said anyone would agree with me? And I'm not sure why age matters but I'm 62 and will be 63 in may, I've been watching ball my whole life and have followed these birds since 66.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Slippery slim? slow down there Tobacco Joe I slid past nothing.

Did I only imagine you switched from a QB discussion to a offense discussion?  I really need to work on my reading and comprehension.  I just went back and read it again, and once again, I concluded you switched from a QB discussion to a offense discussion.  Can you show me where I got off-track?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, FalconsFan36 said:

So what does Matt Ryan have to do with your critiquing of Fields again? Prior to the season all the talk on here was how Matt would play lights out behind the colts monster O line. So far he's looked no different than when he was here. Let's also not forget that Chicago has an awful offensive line as well which would explain most of his runs.

You stated that everyone prior has been pitiful.  I am seriously wondering about you.  Something ain't right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

Did I only imagine you switched from a QB discussion to a offense discussion?  I really need to work on my reading and comprehension.  I just went back and read it again, and once again, I concluded you switched from a QB discussion to a offense discussion.  Can you show me where I got off-track?

Wait a second who was the one who entered the conversation dumb late? That was u correct? Both discussions were looped together just because you can't see that doesn't mean that I don't. I never once compared stats which if u read my post you'd also see, neither did I say Mariotta was better but simply the offense looks better .

Edited by FalconsFan36
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NorthGaBoy said:

You stated that everyone prior has been pitiful.  I am seriously wondering about you.  Something ain't right.

It seems as though you are bating me into an obvious situation in which Mariotta is better than Ryan which was never stated. Anybody with a brain knows that Ryan is the far superior QB.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Desperate argument how so? He did not look bad at all. Not sure which game you watched but ye played well despite some overthrows. The narrative that ye played bad is just out of spite . And maybe if u read my other post u would see where I said Mariotta was nothing more than a stop gap QB. A prototype of what Ridder can be except Ridder has more skills and will take less hits.

Look. I've never seen so much hate for a player who has played ZERO downs for the Falcons.  The hate is stemming from the fact that the Falcons SHOULD have drafted Fields. Thats why you have 1,000 posts trying to convince people that Fields is a scrub.  If he was a scrub, state that and bounce, but no, its over and over and over. Justin Fields is a winner and a competitor who got drafted by a scrub organization.  

The people who create these "the Falcons should have drafted Fields" threads are just starting the garbage on purpose, trying to create discord on the board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, FalconsFan36 said:

Terrible by Chicago's standards? Of course u know Matt Nagy was his coach last year and surely you know he's in just year 2 with a new system? He still has plenty of time to get things right and didn't look half bad against us even with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

he looked good running the ball yea but at the end of the game what happen over threw a pass and was carted to the locker room after the game he had 18 rushes and 21 passes thats not gonna work long term plus are defense isnt a huge measuring stick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...