Jump to content

Week 12 Games/Upsets


Spts1
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Faithful Falcon said:

I think you have to take points there. They went for it on 4th down a few minutes ago, and tool 3 minutes off the clock, and only ended up with 3 points. Factor in the wind. If they can stop Illinois, they will only need a FG to win. 

No guts no glory.  biggrin.gif.4d47f3fcc21c7930f28745d47c98ce29.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

It’s okay cuz they can hire Matt Rhule back lol

He was a great college coach. Yet another one who didn’t transition to NFL. He brought Temple out of the garbage heap and he did a really good job at Baylor too. A lot of programs would want him. I hate how he left Baylor but he is a good D1 coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Killing Floor said:

He was a great college coach. Yet another one who didn’t transition to NFL. He brought Temple out of the garbage heap and he did a really good job at Baylor too. A lot of programs would want him. I hate how he left Baylor but he is a good D1 coach. 

Man when you get offered that kind of money, **** them kids lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Illinios have any timeouts or is it against the rules for these college coaches to call timeout while on defense?  They doing the same thing that Baylor did, which makes me question the integrity of what I'm watching.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Does Illinios have any timeouts or is it against the rules for these college coaches to call timeout while on defense?  They doing the same thing that Baylor did, which makes me question the integrity of what I'm watching.

In Baylor-TCU case there’s a clear argument that the conference needs TCU. I’m not saying. Just that it was curious how often TCU linebackers landed on top of Shapin 2 full seconds after the pass was made without a single flag. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

And sets the table for USC. If they win today I really expect the committee to shoe them in over a second Big10 or SEC team because the PAC12 is important to the ratings value of the playoffs. 

Tennessee has one more chance.  If Michigan loses to Ohio State, which in my opinion they will, the chaos would come because ESPN is feeling Tennessee this season as a draw but USC would be a conference champion if they beat UCLA.  WHICH tv draw would win out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Tennessee has one more chance.  If Michigan loses to Ohio State, which in my opinion they will, the chaos would come because ESPN is feeling Tennessee this season as a draw but USC would be a conference champion if they beat UCLA.  WHICH tv draw would win out?

The media market of greater LA is 24 million. And the star power of that audience is pretty obvious. I think they have the edge. 
I’m a little pessimistic with 4 team playoffs but there is ALWAYS a story on the 4th team. It’s not a coincidence. And there had been a lot of pressure to include PAC12 despite the fact they kinda suck at football. 
 

Look at it this way. If the Dawgs finish at 1 would you rather them play a TCU or Tennessee or Michigan or someone they can coast through without injury risk like USC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...