#1 Georgia vs Kentucky

Carter

6 hours ago, fuego said:

You know, watching these other games on the highlight shows tonight, and watching SC/TN, our D is really what causes us to win. Our O can have a day like it did today but since the D is so good it doesn't matter. We do what we have to do to win. SC put the beatdown on TN but we beat them both because our D just doesn't allow scoring like that. So while I agree there everything is not necessarily ok, because of how our team is built most of the time we're going to win anyway. If our O has an off day it's ok due to the D.

I agree our D has saved us several times thus far. But LSU loves these type games and typically thrives in these types of games. We just need more out of our offense in that game. God knows we have the talent. 

3 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I agree our D has saved us several times thus far. But LSU loves these type games and typically thrives in these types of games. We just need more out of our offense in that game. God knows we have the talent. 

I can see us losing to LSU, but we will still be in the cfp.  If we go 12-0 we are in and the players know it.. so whatever our staff tells them we could have another letdown.  Honestly it really depends on our gameplan offensively.  If we have one like we did with usce, oregon, and ut we will win.  However we have far too many crap gameplans.  The game with kentucky should have been a 3 touchdown plus win. 

1 minute ago, SacFalcFan said:

I can see us losing to LSU, but we will still be in the cfp.  If we go 12-0 we are in and the players know it.. so whatever our staff tells them we could have another letdown.  Honestly it really depends on our gameplan offensively.  If we have one like we did with usce, oregon, and ut we will win.  However we have far too many crap gameplans.  The game with kentucky should have been a 3 touchdown plus win. 

Step back from the ledge a couple steps.  😉 

Dawgs are gonna' be alright. Kirby isn't going to potentially sacrifice the benefits for UGA of being the #1 Seed; they'll be ready in the SECCG.

17 hours ago, fuego said:

Teams have only gone back to back undefeated twice if I heard them right, and GA has a chance to do it.

@usmcdirtybird I found out what I was talking about. Here's the quote from the power rankings on ESPN:

Nonetheless, the Dawgs won their 26th straight regular-season game and completed an unbeaten 8-0 season in the SEC for a second straight year. Only two other schools have done that in the past 40 years -- Alabama (2008-09) and Florida (1995-96).

Crazy that only two teams in 40 years have gone 8-0 in the SEC back to back.

Just now, fuego said:

@usmcdirtybird I found out what I was talking about. Here's the quote from the power rankings on ESPN:

Nonetheless, the Dawgs won their 26th straight regular-season game and completed an unbeaten 8-0 season in the SEC for a second straight year. Only two other schools have done that in the past 40 years -- Alabama (2008-09) and Florida (1995-96).

Crazy that only two teams in 40 years have gone 8-0 in the SEC back to back.

That is crazy.  

On 11/20/2022 at 6:04 PM, falconidae said:

Here's the dawgs 2023 conference schedule:

At  Auburn, Vandy, FLA, Tenn

Home: SC, Kent, Miss, Ole Miss

8-0 in the SEC in 2023 seems likely as well.

We were only the 3rd team to do it 2 years in a row. Not sure if anybody has done 3 or more in a row.

You included Kent there. I don't think that's a conference game. I think you meant MIssouri. :)