Jump to content

Stetson Bennett


Recommended Posts

I’m not a UGA fan. My wife is. I went to Tech. But I’ve heard Ga fans complaining about Bennett for as long as they’ve had him. And all I’ve seen is a kid constantly improving in accuracy and touch on the deep ball, with an uncanny knack for finding a way to win games.

They beat UTs vaunted offense at their own game. Throw deep early and often. And Bennett put the ball on the money multiple times. He also about broke that Mizzou LB’s ankles on that run Saturday.

A team could do MUCH worse than Stetson Bennett as a flyer QB pick imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Killing Floor said:

Nothing against Bennett. He is looking good right now. Wish him and the Dawgs a strong finish.  He’ll play Sundays. 
 

But why draft a quarterback we don’t intend to play?  Don’t we already have that in Ridder?  

yeah there's only so many seats on the bench, am I right???

:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only as a late rounder to replace Felipe Franks. 

 

With the new concussion protocols expect teams to start back carrying 3 QBs again soon. I remember Cris Collinsworth mentioning that as a possible rule in the near future as well last night when Herbert got hit in the head and had to sit out the rest of the Chargers offensive drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

And he seems to go through them fine from the  bit that I've seen of him in college.

Maybe he's not catching on to the speed of the NFL fast enough in practice.

Or maybe they don’t want to switch horses midstream. Remember in 2020 when we made the change to Morris running the defense? We did it after the bye. Some of this stuff isn’t as easy as plug and play, especially with a rookie QB. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

He should be there 5th round and back and we need to take him. Ridder will fail, he doesnt go thru progressions and will get eaten up in NFL. 

So a third round QB who has never played a snap in an actual game is garbage, but a guy still in college that we could snag in the 5th will be the truth?  Makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I mean at this point he can't be any worse than Mariota at that.

Doesn't matter which QB is in there, they are only getting through 1st, barely into 2nd,  with the way the OL has consistently been pass blocking.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Or maybe they don’t want to switch horses midstream. Remember in 2020 when we made the change to Morris running the defense? We did it after the bye. Some of this stuff isn’t as easy as plug and play, especially with a rookie QB. 

Certainly possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

He should be there 5th round and back and we need to take him. Ridder will fail, he doesnt go thru progressions and will get eaten up in NFL. 

 

Ridder goes through his progressions really well. He reads defenses very well also.

 

It was his mechanics and footwork that made his accuracy inconsistent that was the problem. He's been working on reworking those since being drafted. Some of it was shown during the preseason. His arm strength looked more improved and threw in some very tight windows at times from the little we saw of him. That's what better mechanics can do for a QB.

 

Ridder may look like a much different QB once he hits the field as a starter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

The line has given Mariota more than enough time to go through multiple reads.

The line really isn't the issue

 

 

Mariota is hesitant to pull the trigger until it's a last second desperation attempt or losses substantial yards by taking a sack or going out of bounds.

 

I really hate seeing that.

Edited by DonGonnaFindTFOut
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DonGonnaFindTFOut said:

 

Mariota is hesitant to pull the trigger until it's a last second desperation attempt or losses substantial yards by taking a sack or going out of bounds.

 

I really hate seeing that.

So you see that too?!?!?!  Don't think Ridder would be as apt to do that....jmo.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, since68andcounting said:

I’m not a UGA fan. My wife is. I went to Tech. But I’ve heard Ga fans complaining about Bennett for as long as they’ve had him. And all I’ve seen is a kid constantly improving in accuracy and touch on the deep ball, with an uncanny knack for finding a way to win games.

They beat UTs vaunted offense at their own game. Throw deep early and often. And Bennett put the ball on the money multiple times. He also about broke that Mizzou LB’s ankles on that run Saturday.

A team could do MUCH worse than Stetson Bennett as a flyer QB pick imo.

Thing is, he led sec in deep completions last year if I remember correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...