Jump to content

Stetson Bennett


Recommended Posts

Just now, THEHEADCOACH said:

If they want to draft another QB, I'd rather take Stetson late , than any of the other QBs earlier. He's basically the same guy without all the hype.  They need to pour all the draft capital they can into defense and oline. 

He should be there 5th round and back and we need to take him. Ridder will fail, he doesnt go thru progressions and will get eaten up in NFL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

He should be there 5th round and back and we need to take him. Ridder will fail, he doesnt go thru progressions and will get eaten up in NFL. 

Nonsense.  Ridder goes through his progressions fine.  This is just one of those things that people say and then repeat nonsensically until the noise drowns out the truth.

Ridder has issues, but reading defenses is not one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Nonsense.  Ridder goes through his progressions fine.  This is just one of those things that people say and then repeat nonsensically until the noise drowns out the truth.

Ridder has issues, but reading defenses is not one of them.

I mean at this point he can't be any worse than Mariota at that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

I mean at this point he can't be any worse than Mariota at that.

At this point, he hasn't been, though granted in preseason and college.

That criticism has always bugged me.  You can't watch Ridder's tape and say he doesn't go through his progressions.  At least, you can't if you know what you're looking at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JDaveG said:

At this point, he hasn't been, though granted in preseason and college.

That criticism has always bugged me.  You can't watch Ridder's tape and say he doesn't go through his progressions.  At least, you can't if you know what you're looking at.

And he seems to go through them fine from the  bit that I've seen of him in college.

Maybe he's not catching on to the speed of the NFL fast enough in practice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, The Real Tony G. said:

If Chase Daniel can collect NFL checks for over a decade then Stetson should at least get a look. 

Not that I want Stetson on the team, I don't think he's an NFL QB. Of course, I've been wrong before...

 

But yeah, Daniels has made 40 million as a career backup, started 5 games in 13 years,2-3 in those games, thrown 8 TDs and 7 INTs.

If I was Stetson Bennett, I'd be happy to hold a clipboard for a decade, make 20- 30 mill. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

He should be there 5th round and back and we need to take him. Ridder will fail, he doesnt go thru progressions and will get eaten up in NFL. 

As someone who has defended Mariota for this year, Ridder will be our starter and will be ready, hopefully by next year. I have for faith he will succeed, not fail

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mister pudding said:

As someone who has defended Mariota for this year, Ridder will be our starter and will be ready, hopefully by next year. I have for faith he will succeed, not fail

If you've been defending Mariota this year, please don't start defending Ridder.  Don't want you jinxing him.  /purple

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...