Week 11 Games/Upsets

Spts1

9 minutes ago, Frank_The_Tank said:

The way I see it, UGA is going to be the obvious #1, winner of OSU v Mich #2, if TCU can hold it together and win the Big 12 #3 & USC, if they can win the PAC 12 @ #4. 

Conference champs are ideal for the committee because they can act as automatic qualifiers, require less thinking and are less controversial. No way they're going to put Tenn in over a conference champion.

Tenn is just waiting for the first slip-up by any team not named UGA, who I believe is in regardless, even if they drop the SEC Championship, in which I don't believe there's a snowball's chance in h3!! that happens. I think you're going to see a mid to high teens favorite in the SECC, when the odds come out in two weeks.

Tenn is going to need some help. Not a lot because I do believe they have some folks in there corner. So, the first hiccup that's out there you best to believe those powers are going to pounce on the opportunity to push for Tenn.

11-1 Tennessee gets in IMO. Big Ten Champion is the other team. Tennessee's strength of schedule is #2, USC is #43. I think USC is the one who needs help to get in. 

As of now, I think there is still a good chance that TCU has an L along the way.  Next week they go to Baylor, then host ISU, then have the Big12 matchup.

Personally I am hoping that Michigan punishes OSU and wins by 3 scores; unlikely to go that way but I can hope.

IF USC wins the Pac12 with one loss they have a good chance to get in. Who knows how that's gonna' go but I actually would LOVE to see them get in at 4 and play the Dawgs!

Then either have Mich, OSU, or Tenn in the Final v. Georgia!

23 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Because we’re Auburn and we’re stupid. Remove the interim tag now! 

With an inferior talented team that was left by the prior administration, they have played hard and easily could have won the past 2 games. He’s made the players and fans excited about Auburn football again hence the crazy crowd last night for a 3-6 team. 

Think he’d recruit well too. A former NFL RB with that much energy in some high school kid’s living room? Yeah…

I don’t know what Auburn will do, but he should at least get a serious look. I’d take him over the Hugh Freeze mess 

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

With an inferior talented team that was left by the prior administration, they have played hard and easily could have won the past 2 games. He’s made the players and fans excited about Auburn football again hence the crazy crowd last night for a 3-6 team. 

Think he’d recruit well too. A former NFL RB with that much energy in some high school kid’s living room? Yeah…

I don’t know what Auburn will do, but he should at least get a serious look. I’d take him over the Hugh Freeze mess 

I don’t know what Cohen, the boosters and board are going to do. Cohen was on the field for the game, he saw that energy. It was like we were playing for the SEC West title. 

Hiring Freeze seems like a total Auburn move. I’ve seen enough from Cadillac to know he needs to get a shot. Let him hire some proven SEC coordinators, and get a **** QB in the transfer portal. Ashford is a good kid, but he is not a QB. I have a feeling the iron bowl is going to be rough because we’re not going to be able to run on them, and relying on Ashford’s arm is going to get ugly quick. 

2 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

11-1 Tennessee gets in IMO. Big Ten Champion is the other team. Tennessee's strength of schedule is #2, USC is #43. I think USC is the one who needs help to get in. 

Nah, I hear you and somewhat agree, but the premium is put on the conference winners. In a 6 team tourney, they're absolutely sitting in prime position. If there weren't any other solid options to choose from then I could see Tenn sneaking in, but if USC runs the table and wins the PAC 12, they're in. But one slip up by either USC or TCU, Tenn's taking that spot.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

It really doesn’t, but it’s always interesting to see how a first time HC will do. Cadillac did a good job it’s safe to say 

True. Even guys that are well deserving do not get HC Jobs. I remember Lane Kiffy getting the HC Job for the Raiders, and couldn't tell the difference between his hands and feet. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

I don’t know what Cohen, the boosters and board are going to do. Cohen was on the field for the game, he saw that energy. It was like we were playing for the SEC West title. 

Hiring Freeze seems like a total Auburn move. I’ve seen enough from Cadillac to know he needs to get a shot. Let him hire some proven SEC coordinators, and get a **** QB in the transfer portal. Ashford is a good kid, but he is not a QB. I have a feeling the iron bowl is going to be rough because we’re not going to be able to run on them, and relying on Ashford’s arm is going to get ugly quick. 

Freeze wouldn't be a bad hire, but it sounds like they want kiffin and might get him.  He has maxed out what he can do at ole miss.  If he wants to beat bama kiffin should move to auburn.   Cadillac is a nice story but all he does is cause another internal booster battle and you guys don't need another one of those. 

Saw this elsewhere FWIW on Reddit at least there doesn't seem to be a lot of Tennessee support 

The committee's biggest headache goes something like:

10-2 LSU beats 12-0 Georgia in the SEC title game

11-0 Michigan beats 11-0 Ohio State on Nov. 26 in a blizzard but then inexplicably gets blown out by Purdue/Illinois/Minnesota in the B1G Championship Game the next week

TCU loses to Baylor or Iowa State, but wins the Big 12 Championships game to finish 12-1

12 -1 Clemson or UNC win the ACC

12-1 USC wins the Pac-12

unrealistic perhaps but who would have thought both Oregon and UCLA crap the bed the same night. At least Washington is semi decent, but **** Oregon/Lanning  that decision to go for it? 

pretty sure Georgia is in regardless unless they just get stomped in the SECCG, after that TCU,USC  and who else?

3 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Freeze wouldn't be a bad hire, but it sounds like they want kiffin and might get him.  He has maxed out what he can do at ole miss.  If he wants to beat bama kiffin should move to auburn.   Cadillac is a nice story but all he does is cause another internal booster battle and you guys don't need another one of those. 

The issue with Freeze is that Auburn just tried to fabricate a story about the HC having an affair to fire him. Idk how you can hire Freeze after pulling that stunt. It would be very hypocritical. Fortunately for them, I don’t think they’ll hire him. 

Freeze is honestly just another Gus Malzahn though. They’ll randomly win some games they shouldn’t, but also lose some they shouldn’t and they’ll average around 8/9 wins a year.

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

The issue with Freeze is that Auburn just tried to fabricate a story about the HC having an affair to fire him. Idk how you can hire Freeze after pulling that stunt. It would be very hypocritical. Fortunately for them, I don’t think they’ll hire him. 

Freeze is honestly just another Gus Malzahn though. They’ll randomly win some games they shouldn’t, but also lose some they shouldn’t and they’ll average around 8/9 wins a year.

Well the issue with auburn is their boosters and it will always be their issue.  They have too many people with money who wants to have a say and then wants special treatment by the staff.  I think freeze is a very good coach and would do well there, but you are probably right he isn't better than Gus.. It sounds like Auburn is going to hire Kiffin though.  I really think Kiffin knows he has maxed out his potential at ole miss and I think he is right.  Kiffin should take the auburn job.  Now I don't think kiffin is an elite coach, but he knows offense. 

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Well the issue with auburn is their boosters and it will always be their issue.  They have too many people with money who wants to have a say and then wants special treatment by the staff.  I think freeze is a very good coach and would do well there, but you are probably right he isn't better than Gus.. It sounds like Auburn is going to hire Kiffin though.  I really think Kiffin knows he has maxed out his potential at ole miss and I think he is right.  Kiffin should take the auburn job.  Now I don't think kiffin is an elite coach, but he knows offense. 

Kiffin would be a solid pick up for them for sure. If he’d go, they should make that hire. If he hires a good DC, they could be really good 

15 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Clesi got a vacation and $30K deposited in her bank account, you can look it up online. There was no fabrication. 

25 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Clesi got a vacation and $30K deposited in her bank account, you can look it up online. There was no fabrication. 

Yeah the point still stands about Freeze though. If that was big enough of a deal to want a guy fired, idk how you go after Freeze. 

But Auburn can do better than Freeze tbh. Kiffin may have back to back 10 win regular seasons for Ole Miss for the first time ever. In fact, the only 10 win regular season in Ole Miss history was last year. 

Big question though is if he wants the job. If he does, have to think it’s his. Money and fan support won’t be an issue for sure. 

13 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah the point still stands about Freeze though. If that was big enough of a deal to want a guy fired, idk how you go after Freeze. 

But Auburn can do better than Freeze tbh. Kiffin may have back to back 10 win regular seasons for Ole Miss for the first time ever. In fact, the only 10 win regular season in Ole Miss history was last year. 

Big question though is if he wants the job. If he does, have to think it’s his. Money and fan support won’t be an issue for sure. 

Kiffin would take that job just to annoy Saban. 

31 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

In all seriousness. There's some debate about Kiffin wanting to be the heir to Saban at Bama. If that's true I doubt he leaves Oxford until he has a shot at Tuscaloosa. 

I’ve heard that same thing too. I think a lot of the fans could get behind it too