Is Ridder da future?

I've been on this board a very long time, lurking for years, before I started posting. 

As I said before and will continue to say is that Mariota is a bridge, a band-aid, a cheap(ish) replacement for our current cap situation.

Everyday here, I see armchair coaches and GMs who are probably plumbers, accountants, factory workers, retirees, and everyday Joes giving their two cents about throwing Ridder in and giving him a chance NOW, with reasoning from Marcus just sucks, he needs experience, let's see what we got, do we need to draft a QB next year.

Let me tell you why nobody takes you serious... well, except yourself and those you convinced along the way.

2006- Many of you were convinced that DJ Shockley was "da futcha". Never started an NFL game. Lots of threads about that.

When the Vick fiasco started and there were rumors of a Raiders trade for a 1st rounder and Randy Moss, you stuck with your guy.

Most of you didn't want to draft Matt Ryan, because he lacked the mobility and arm strength of Vick. Your Brian Brohm desires never came to fruition

Many thought we got ripped off getting a 3rd for MR2 and vowed to become Colts fans for awhile, claiming he still had plenty in the tank.

75% of this board wanted to draft Justin Fields...and it didn't stop there, no sir. You wanted to trade up for Justin Fields, my friends.

Raise you hand if you wanted Malik Willis at pick #8? You know who you are. You were so excited when he was there in the 2nd......then the 3rd. How can the FO not see what you're seeing?

In closing, TATF does a pretty s***ty job evaluating quarterbacks in general. Leave that to the professionals. Trust them. They're doing a pretty good job with what we have (and have not). Ridder will start when he's ready and not a moment sooner. Perhaps he has stuff to work on and learn the nuances of the NFL or maybe Smith just wants a line that can pass block first, so he doesn't get himself concussed early on. 

Stay opinionated my friends. No matter how much we disagree on how to reach our end goal, we all have the Falcons best interest at heart. 

17 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I had forgotten about Brian Bhrohm (Sp). There were a crap load of peeps that wanted him over Matt  Ryan. 

Heck, I remember after one preseason in particular, the masses screamed for Doug Johnson to be QB1. Well, my friends, that didn’t last but a game and a half if I remember correctly  

Chad Henne was a big guy, too. 

Don’t hold me to that, but I think capologist name here was djohnson11 or something like that back in the day. 😄

It’s not so much as Ridder being da future as it is definitely NOT Mariota being the present or future.

With THIS team Its about tomorrow and not today so they need to find out if they need to draft a QB with the first round pick:

Otherwise Ridder may be the only QB AS gets to pick if it goes south and he can’t play because if you don’t play him now it will take two years to find that out and if those are losing years the next head coach will draft the next qB.

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

It’s not so much as Ridder being da future as it is definitely NOT Mariota being the present or future.

With THIS team Its about tomorrow and not today so they need to find out if they need to draft a QB with the first round pick:

Otherwise Ridder may be the only QB AS gets to pick if it goes south and he can’t play because if you don’t play him now it will take two years to find that out and if those are losing years the next head coach will draft the next qB.

See, that's the thing. Why do "we" need to find out now? Did the Packers not know what they had in Aaron Rodgers when he was behind Favre? 

Most of the stuff you said about Falcons decisions in the past. I went against everyone with the exception of Fields. 

I wanted Matt Ryan in 2008.  Vick should have been out of here, he let us down. 3rd for Ryan was better than nothing.  Shockley was a UGA favorite, but didn't have a chance at anything besides the average 3 to 4 year NFL career.  Fields, I'm still a fan of. While he has regressed this year, I heard the guys on 92.9 talk about how well he is playing the last month and how he is going to show out when he comes to ATL.  Now it's an opinion, but I'm giving a young QB at least 3 years. How many folks wanted to **** on Jalen Hurts in year 1.  Year 3, Eagles are best team in the NFL by record, 8-0.

All that to say, I still want to see Ridder. People have eyes. The product isn't cutting it.  Mariota isn't good enough to win on a weekly basis. I don't think anyone realistically thinks Ridder is going to be the next Russell Wilson, Jalen Hurts or Dak Prescott right now. He is a unknown quantity at a position we have to get right. More QBs available in the 2023 draft and we have to have a clear plan for that spot.

Mariota is a known quantity in year 8. He is not the future here besides maybe a backup. What are we sticking with him for? So Smith can possibly make the playoffs with a losing record and pad is resume? 

Mike Smith had a pretty good record as coach and was out. I think you have to get the team going in the right direction.  Sustained success, Mariota is too erratic and can't provide that. We all know if this was a better division we would be done. 

32 minutes ago, Mister pudding said:

See, that's the thing. Why do "we" need to find out now? Did the Packers not know what they had in Aaron Rodgers when he was behind Favre? 

They had a HOF QB still playing at a high level.

But when it comes to the Falcons how many more losing seasons do you think he has?

If Ridder doesn’t take a snap and they put their hopes on him and he turns out to not be better than Mariota and they have another losing season do you think he’ll get the benefit of the doubt of drafting a rookie QB in year 4 with no winning seasons under his belt?

6 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

But when it comes to the Falcons how many more losing seasons do you think he has?

If Ridder doesn’t take a snap and they put their hopes on him and he turns out to not be better than Mariota and they have another losing season do you think he’ll get the benefit of the doubt of drafting a rookie QB in year 4 with no winning seasons under his belt?

I seriously dount Blank has any real expectations on this team or coach with the cap handicap we are currently in. I think Smith has proven what he can do with little and he'll get time to prove what he can do with a lot

10 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Did they really? Or is that selective memory? 2005, when Rodgers was drafted, Favre went 4-12 with 29 INTs. 8-8 in year #2 while Rodgers rode the pine