Haha, Atlantic article about “amnesty” for everyone who was wrong about COVID, the jabs, killing grandma, insisting we listen to the experts!

gazoo

I posted back in late 2020/early 2021 several things that conflicted with government generated narrative yet turned out to be 100% factual. I was tattled on, threatened, told I was putting people’s lives at risk, etc.  The RCT peer reviewed science I was referencing drew such an emotional, arrogant response I ended up deleting it, worried of the mental health of others. They literally melted down when what we now know was the truth, that was presented to them.

I knew back then Americans were being lied to about a host of things regarding this idea you get vaxxed or you are killing grandma nonsense. Even our own Dr Birx has admitted they didn’t know for sure if the vax stopped transmission back when the government approved “experts” told us it did. I knew it didn’t stop infection. I knew it wasn’t really a vaccine in the traditional sense. I knew the mortality rate of young healthy people was exponentially lower than the government wanted us to know. I knew me, as a healthy person in late 50s had very little to worry about and lived my life normally through the whole pandemic craze. When I got COVID I treated it with medications I had in my cupboard and was only sick 2 days, at the gym a week later working out.  I knew the government had no idea if the vaccines were safe over the long term yet made that claim constantly.  We are now seeing scores of young healthy athletes and others unexpectedly dropping like flies with heart conditions. I knew there were cheap and effective treatments being lied about and that the media was in on the con being funded largely by the pharmaceutical giants reaping billions from the mandates.

But I will not forget. No amnesty here for the breathtaking hubris of so many believing without question the government controlled narratives and trying to shame others who were simply questioning what we all know at this point were lies.

I don’t expect an apology from anyone here. In fact, I’ll bet some are so arrogant they won’t even admit how wrong they were!

YeR killin grama, shut up and obey the government!!!! ThaRe perfectly safe! My goodness does fear bring out the very worst in some people.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/10/covid-response-forgiveness/671879/?utm_source=msn

They'll just tell you you're a toad, or something like that, goes with the territory in the echo chamber.

No amnesty for doctors that told my family these experimental jabs were safe and effective, or employers that insisted that masks were required (we still have autistic employees traumatised because of this ffs!)

Not forgetting those who instructed that we couldn't see their loved ones who needed their help or just company in their dying days or be at their funerals. (Hows that for low!?)

It's been quiet on this part of the forums for those willing to question.

16 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

They'll just tell you you're a toad, or something like that, goes with the territory in the echo chamber.

No amnesty for doctors that told my family these experimental jabs were safe and effective, or employers that insisted that masks were required (we still have autistic employees traumatised because of this ffs!)

Not forgetting those who instructed that we couldn't see their loved ones who needed their help or just company in their dying days or be at their funerals. (Hows that for low!?)

It's been quiet on this part of the forums for those willing to question.

Yep, they will have to go personal instead of dealing with the facts. In their own echo chambers they have shamelessly discredited fact checkers and activists in media to support any lie they continue to believe. It’s so ugly it’s hard to witness.

What concerned me was I was providing RCT peer reviewed science from medical journals, but since it conflicted with the government approved narratives by selected government approved “experts”, it was demonized and fact checked by 25 year old journalists with degrees in the humanities, journalists wholly unqualified to fact check some of the worlds leading scientists and medical professionals in epidemiology, etc. 

The most grotesque, consequential lie was you had to get vaxxed for others. This led to the loss of careers for countless people, demonization and ostracism from society, it split families apart as the crazies who believed these lies refused to allow anyone unvaxxed to attend holiday gatherings etc. 

When the republicans take control they will investigate all this and many of these liars and vaccine pushers need to go to prison for crimes against humanity. 

2 hours ago, Sponge said:

First it's Putin/Biden body doubles and now this ****.

Here is the article by the liberal Atlantic begging forgiveness from those of us harmed by their arrogance. She uses the excuse “but we didn’t know”, the problem with this is many of us tried to expose the lies and we were demonized and called conspiracy theorists or accused of being dangerous.  The left refused to listen to anyone but the government approved narrative generators and their propagandist leftist media.  

LET’S DECLARE A PANDEMIC AMNESTY

We need to forgive one another for what we did and said when we were in the dark about COVID.

By Emily Oster

In April 2020, with nothing else to do, my family took an enormous number of hikes. We all wore cloth masks that I had made myself. We had a family hand signal, which the person in the front would use if someone was approaching on the trail and we needed to put on our masks.  Once, when another child got too close to my then-4-year-old son on a bridge, he yelled at her “SOCIAL DISTANCING!”

These precautions were totally misguided. In April 2020, no one got the coronavirus from passing someone else hiking. Outdoor transmission was vanishingly rare. Our cloth masks made out of old bandanas wouldn’t have done anything, anyway. But the thing is: We didn’t know!

I have been reflecting on this lack of knowledge thanks to a class I’m co-teaching at Brown University on COVID. We’ve spent several lectures reliving the first year of the pandemic, discussing the many important choices we had to make under conditions of tremendous uncertainty.

Some of these choices turned out better than others. To take an example close to my own work, there is an emerging (if not universal) consensus that schools in the U.S. were closed for too long: The health risks of in-school spread were relatively low, whereas the costs to students’ well-being and educational progress were high. The latest figures on learning loss are alarming.  But in spring and summer 2020, we had only glimmers of information. Reasonable people—people who cared about children and teachers—advocated on both sides of the reopening debate.

Derek Thompson: School closures were a failed policy

Another example: When the vaccines came out, we lacked definitive data on the relative efficacies of the Johnson & Johnson shot versus the mRNA options from Pfizer and Moderna. The mRNA vaccines have won out. But at the time, many people in public health were either neutral or expressed a J&J preference. This misstep wasn’t nefarious. It was the result of uncertainty.

Obviously some people intended to mislead and made wildly irresponsible claims. Remember when the public-health community had to spend a lot of time and resources urging Americans not to inject themselves with bleach? That was bad. Misinformation was, and remains, a huge problem. But most errors were made by people who were working in earnest for the good of society.

Given the amount of uncertainty, almost every position was taken on every topic. And on every topic, someone was eventually proved right, and someone else was proved wrong. In some instances, the right people were right for the wrong reasons. In other instances, they had a prescient understanding of the available information.

2 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Here is the article by the liberal Atlantic begging forgiveness from those of us harmed by their arrogance. She uses the excuse “but we didn’t know”, the problem with this is many of us tried to expose the lies and we were demonized. The left refused to listen to anyone but the government approved narrative generators.  

LET’S DECLARE A PANDEMIC AMNESTY

We need to forgive one another for what we did and said when we were in the dark about COVID.

By Emily Oster

In April 2020, with nothing else to do, my family took an enormous number of hikes. We all wore cloth masks that I had made myself. We had a family hand signal, which the person in the front would use if someone was approaching on the trail and we needed to put on our masks.  Once, when another child got too close to my then-4-year-old son on a bridge, he yelled at her “SOCIAL DISTANCING!”

These precautions were totally misguided. In April 2020, no one got the coronavirus from passing someone else hiking. Outdoor transmission was vanishingly rare. Our cloth masks made out of old bandanas wouldn’t have done anything, anyway. But the thing is: We didn’t know!

Covid is a airborne virus so social distancing is necessary. Can't believe I have to state the obvious.

Lol, the woman who wrote that article asking for amnesty was one of the chief, “hey, it’s not so bad, don’t worry about the kids in school getting sick” lunatics who was proven dead wrong. Just because it is in the Atlantic doesn’t mean she is some liberal lion. She’s also the one that said it’s just easier to let people in Africa die from AIDS than trying to treat it

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

Covid is a airborne virus so social distancing is necessary. Can't believe I have to state the obvious.

With the likelihood in speaking to someone who drive around in his car alone, with a bandana around his face, I encourage you and all your covidians to hide in your homes during flu season as well. Maybe do thanksgiving or Christmas on zoom. You must take all precautions. 

Some of us knew it was virtually impossible to escape catching a respiratory virus by hiding in our homes for months, as sooner or later it was going to come back around, so many of us, instead of panicking and believing lies, explored safe and effective treatments. Most of us knew how silly it was to wear masks when driving a car alone, jogging or waking around outside, etc.  I know literately hundreds of people, even over 70 with comorbidities, that for Covid, treated it and never had to go to hospital and not a single one died. 

But hide. Buy more bandanas. I hope you know a nasty flu is going around right now. Don’t kill grandma

2 hours ago, Sponge said:

First it's Putin/Biden body doubles and now this ****.

Soak it up sponge, there will be plenty of grovelling from publications, "experts", sports leagues and "celebrities".

The severely misguided governments we all like to moan about, just some got blinded when it came to health, which is understandable up until the point that passed where they brought up the magic jabs should've been the eye opener.

1 minute ago, Domed Outter said:

Soak it up sponge, there will be plenty of grovelling from publications, "experts", sports leagues and "celebrities".

The severely misguided governments we all like to moan about, just some got blinded when it came to health, which is understandable up until the point that passed where they brought up the magic jabs should've been the eye opener.

OK Q-bert

1 hour ago, Domed Outter said:

Bro sponge got the J&J, I think you and gazoo are sorely mistaken if you think he’s some liberal that lives a sheltered existence in fear of Covid 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Bro sponge got the J&J, I think you and gazoo are sorely mistaken if you think he’s some liberal that lives a sheltered existence in fear of Covid 

I don't disagree with you there in terms of what sponge seems like from what he posts, but as a sponge, one can still soak up the backtracking of the "experts" and all that lectured those useless eaters to do what they're told "... because you'll kill x, y and z if you don't".

10 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

I don't disagree with you there in terms of what sponge seems like from what he posts, but as a sponge, one can still soak up the backtracking of the "experts" and all that lectured those useless eaters to do what they're told "... because you'll kill x, y and z if you don't".

Pretty sure he picked that screen name years ago because his daughter used to really like SpongeBob. 

55 minutes ago, Domed Outter said:

To any person that was able to understand medical journals, had a modicum of common sense and simply entry level critical thinking skills, it was obvious we were being lied to, that Fauci was hostile to any talk of cheap and effective treatments that were saving lives in other countries, that hundreds of peer reviewed studies showed efficacy, that there was virtually no downside of using them at the front end of a Covid infection, and that the federal government healthcare bureaucrats were singularly focused on universal vaccination. 

So many lies were told by our approved “experts”.  They never prevented transmission, they never prevented infection. They never should have been called vaccines. They never went through the rigorous trials medications have to to be approved. Any claim that they were safe was a lie, they have no idea to this day what the long term consequences will be but right now enough young, perfectly athletes have dropped dead from heart issues overseas and here in US it’s likely from the jab. Stay tuned as the truth will come out.

The flagrant lies were believed by those who do not think for themselves. Many in this forum. I brought large amounts of science from  RCT peer reviewed studies and people here went ballistic and called me a conspiracy theorist and dangerous. They used incompetent activist fact checkers with degree in the humanities wholly unqualified to fact check peer reviewed science and some of the worlds top experts in epidemiology and medical research  to claim what I was say8mg was wrong.

The things I brought here have turned out to be true. And those here absurdly screaming that I was killing grandma will never, ever admit how wrong they were for believing government liars. 

7 minutes ago, The Monarch said:

I for one love when people who don't understand how to read scientific articles, nor even what constitutes legitimate scientific articles, insist they "brought large amounts of science from RCT peer reviewed studies" and proved everyone wrong (they didn't).

I never expected people like you to admit you were played like a fiddle, you were lied to and believed everything you were told. You obeyed and demanded everyone else to obey.

You will never admit how wrong you were and how gullible you were.

Even Hollywood is starting to admit they we lied to. Tim Robbins is the latest to admit how wrong he was telling others they had to get vaxxed. 

my only question is, have you had your latest booster? Don’t forget, you need to get it so you don’t kill grandma. And don’t go forget to have all infants in your family vaxxed…….after all, LISTEN TO THe EXPERTS is what you live (and die) by

6 hours ago, gazoo said:

In other instances, they had a prescient understanding of the available information.

And in some instances, such as what I experienced here when everything  that I was say8mg has turned out to be true, some had no understanding of the available information and instead believed everything their government told them.