18. OK State

19. Tulane

20. Syracuse 

21. Wake

22. NC State

23. Oregon St

24. Texas

25. UCF

Biggest question… how are you gonna rank Clemson ahead of Michigan? I know the SOS is awful, but they just look better. 

Tbh, the top 7 teams all control their destiny, but one loss by any of them could be a death sentence. I think TCU ultimately loses to someone (@ Texas in 2 weeks) and then if Michigan loses to Ohio State, they’ve got no shot. The committee made it clear what they think about them 

7 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

Okay, so since Vols and Dawgs are in the same division…. If Dawgs lose a close one to Vols…. Are they still in the playoffs? One of them has to lose. Asking for a friend. 😂

UGA obviously is in control of its destiny but I think it's a clear message the win over Oregon isnt overly impressive to them. They clearly valued Tennessee's win over Alabama a lot more. I think it does put more pressure on UGA this weekend. They need this win more than Tennessee does for the resume. It's the final ranked opponent UGA has. 

3 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

UGA obviously is in control of its destiny but I think it's a clear message the win over Oregon isnt overly impressive to them. They clearly valued Tennessee's win over Alabama a lot more. I think it does put more pressure on UGA this weekend. They need this win more than Tennessee does for the resume. It's the final ranked opponent UGA has. 

Think the Alabama and the Oregon wins balance each other out, then Tenn has played 4 other ranked teams and beat them. GA hasn't played a ranked team since Oregon.

4 hours ago, richham said:

I’m confused how tcu is 7. I would actually put the above bama, Michigan, and Clemson. This weekend will settle who deserves the top spot. 

I can see that, but I just don’t think TCU is better than those teams. But I’m definitely surprised they aren’t higher. If I’m being honest, I think USC, Oregon, LSU and Ole Miss are better than them but I don’t think you can rank them higher than TCU right now. 

Biggest issue to me is that if you’re gonna rank Alabama ahead of TCU because you just think they’re better, why is Michigan not ahead of Clemson? Only thing I can think is they really took SOS into account with Alabama/TCU because Alabama’s is much higher than TCU’s. But what’s weird is that Michigan and Clemson are relatively close in SOS… 

the committee are full of freaking morons.  they are all about brands.. bama doesn't deserve to be #6.. tcu has a much better resume than alabama and it's not close and zero losses.. alabama has looked like crap in 3 games.. the vol's being number 1 i wanted to happen honestly because i wanted us to be underdogs regarding rankings and if you don't think that matters to a young team i don't know what to say.  people need to stop using the tennessee beat 4 ranked teams nonsense.. florida is not ranked and is 1-4 in the sec.. they had to go to overtime to beat a pittsburgh team with their backup qb.. really??  the bama win was good for sure, but uga's destruction of 49 to 6 of oregon seems to be ignored due to oregon playing well.. huh?  so let me see we don't get any credit for total destruction, but the vols do of 3 points against alabama who looked like crap in another game this year.  i can't wait for them to expand the playoffs so that this moronic pathetic committee who changes their arguments or reasons due to the teams they are discussing has no more power. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

the committee are full of freaking morons.  they are all about brands.. bama doesn't deserve to be #6.. tcu has a much better resume than alabama and it's not close and zero losses.. alabama has looked like crap in 3 games.. the vol's being number 1 i wanted to happen honestly because i wanted us to be underdogs regarding rankings and if you don't think that matters to a young team i don't know what to say.  people need to stop using the tennessee beat 4 ranked teams nonsense.. florida is not ranked and is 1-4 in the sec.. they had to go to overtime to beat a pittsburgh team with their backup qb.. really??  the bama win was good for sure, but uga's destruction of 49 to 6 of oregon seems to be ignored due to oregon playing well.. huh?  so let me see we don't get any credit for total destruction, but the vols do of 3 points against alabama who looked like crap in another game this year.  i can't wait for them to expand the playoffs so that this moronic pathetic committee who changes their arguments or reasons due to the teams they are discussing has no more power. 

A lot of people forgetting the blow out of the current 10th ranked team in the polls at their place.

Edited by Volunteer Falcon

31 minutes ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

A lot of people forgetting the blow out of the current 10th ranked team in the polls at their place.

I'll go on record as saying some may have forgotten it. Thing is, that ranking, IN MY OPINION, is fool's gold.

LSU barely escaped FSU, Auburn and Florida. Their only real "quality win" is against an overrated Ole Miss team.

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Ehhhh Alabama has a top 10 SOS and TCU’s is like 60th lol per ESPN. Two of those games were when Alabama had backup QB too for most of the game and they still beat Arkansas by over 20.

And close calls? TCU has had their fair share too. They’ve had to play 60 minutes against Kansas (w/ a backup QB), Oklahoma State and West Virginia. Also had to rally from down against K State, but that’s a good team so you can’t fault them too much because K State is good. They beat WVU by 10, but they had a late TD to go up by 10. The biggest argument for TCU above Alabama is another point you made… zero losses. 

But if you’re going to use SOS to rank Alabama ahead of TCU, why not rank Michigan ahead of Clemson? SOS is roughly equal and Michigan just looks better. Michigan has one game that’s been decided by single digits all year. 

Tbh, I was fine with UT, UGA or OSU being number 1. All 3 have a case right now. And the first poll doesn’t mean too much… if any of the top 7 win out, they’ll be in. 

I do wish we’d go back to some system of computers having some involvement though. No bias, to strictly who do you think the best teams are. But computers also love Alabama who already has a loss, so you need the human element too so Alabama isn’t a top 4 team right now. With computers, they would be 

12 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

I'll go on record as saying some may have forgotten it. Thing is, that ranking, IN MY OPINION, is fool's gold.

LSU barely escaped FSU, Auburn and Florida. Their only real "quality win" is against an overrated Ole Miss team.

I agree with that, I was pretty surprised to see LSU come in at 10. I think they got there because the committee likes Ole Miss but had to put LSU in front due to the head-to-head. Once they unveiled LSU at 10 I was pretty sure they were going to put UT at 1. 

5 hours ago, TheTrue7 said:

I think LSU lost to FSU. 

5 hours ago, Volunteer Falcon said:

I agree with that, I was pretty surprised to see LSU come in at 10. I think they got there because the committee likes Ole Miss but had to put LSU in front due to the head-to-head. Once they unveiled LSU at 10 I was pretty sure they were going to put UT at 1. 

they put LSU at #10 for alabama.. LSU has no business being in the top 10.. they should be maybe top 15.. they are doing it for alabama so that it adds to their resume when they throttle them. 

39 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

they put LSU at #10 for alabama.. LSU has no business being in the top 10.. they should be maybe top 15.. they are doing it for alabama so that it adds to their resume when they throttle them. 

You have more confidence than me lol. I think it’ll be a close game this weekend 

I mentioned in another thread a few days ago that ESPN controls the College Football Playoff, not the playoff committee.  Its always been a sham.  ESPN is trying to hype Tennessee to so that they can get the highest possible tv ratings when the playoffs start:

"As you see its money and nothing else.  Disney/ABC/ESPN has to constantly create new revenue spreads for their shareholders.  The SEC being the top dog out there was a automatic must for them.  I hate ESPN with a passion.  They have singlehandly destroyed sports journalism, sports television, control the college football playoff voting (don't let that fake vote the selection committee takes fool you) and are the SOLE reason that cable packages still exist because they refuse to offer a direct to customer streaming product.  Live sports is what keeps the cable packages going and ESPN is the top dog there".

2022-23 College Football Playoff schedule, dates, TV channel, sites

• Fiesta Bowl | 4 or 8 p.m. ET | ESPN | Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022
  • Peach Bowl | 4 or 8 p.m. | ESPN | Saturday, Dec. 31, 2022
  • CFP National Championship Game | 7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN | Monday, Jan. 9, 2023

13 hours ago, tl;dr said:

You have more confidence than me lol. I think it’ll be a close game this weekend 

you have an lsu team that was blown out by tennessee in their own house and lost to an average fsu squad (they were down the entire game) and then they struggled to beat a bad auburn team.  I don't know how that is top 10 worthy?  I really think it sets up alabama when they win to only make that resume that much better..  the committee can then claim another lame thing saying bama beat a top 10 team.. blah, blah.