November Game Thread 2022

jayu70

Just now, Willy Mo said:

I've still got more faith in Justin. Yeah he's been bricking but Justin is still a big guy and a noticeably good defender.  Aaron is smaller and makes some boneheaded decisions some times (because he's 6'0 and clearly not a PG) 

That's a fair argument. I think Aaron is more of a spark plug and that AJ can provide a lot of what Justin does, but I'm really basing that entirely on what I've seen through 9 games. Their careers to this point would suggest Justin is the safer bet. 

Just now, Willy Mo said:

Did we underpay for Dejounte? Let's start that dialogue 

I do understand the pundits wary of giving up completely unprotected picks, because for a time that became completely taboo, but I think it was the right thing to do if that's what it took to get the deal done without giving up any players under contract long term. The reality is if those were not likely to be high first rounders, and if they do end up being so, it probably means the Hawks are in for a long-term rebuild anyway. 

1 minute ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Big shoutout to the bench tonight. Each and everyone of them dominated. 

Like you said before, the entire bench had their best game of the season. 

I'm particularly pleased with JJ. Backup PF was the biggest position of concern coming in to the season, but JJ is arguably providing just as much as Gallo, albeit in different ways. 

Just now, Expert Poster said:

Like you said before, the entire bench had their best game of the season. 

I'm particularly pleased with JJ. Backup PF was the biggest position of concern coming in to the season, but JJ is arguably providing just as much as Gallo, albeit in different ways. 

3 point shooting definitely doesn't touch what Gallo did, but his defense and understanding of basketball has grown a lot from just the first 2-4 games of the season.