November Game Thread 2022

jayu70

15 hours ago, GEORGIAfan said:

K'von would be so great on this team. Hate that he isn't with us anymore. Dude has been a BEAST this season. 

I am so happy for him, but it hurts. 

I had a feeling that would be a bad trade when it was all said and done.

It always felt like a trade for the sake of trading.

I'm a little anxious about the game tonight.

Will the Hawks:

1. Be still on a high from that amazing NY comeback and not locked in and focused 

2. Be a little too relaxed at home and let their guard down.

3. NOP is on a back to back, won vs GSW last night, Hawks are on 2 days (much needed) rest

4. Will Trae play and be effective?

On 11/3/2022 at 3:41 PM, GEORGIAfan said:

K'von would be so great on this team. Hate that he isn't with us anymore. Dude has been a BEAST this season. 

I am so happy for him, but it hurts. 

A lot of those numbers will come back to earth once he hits a cold spell, as every shooter does, but yeah, he would be a great 6th man on this team. I think his absence will sting less if Bogi comes back at even 85-90% of his usual self, but there's no doubt that Huerter would be useful and is only not here because ownership wanted to save some millions. 

If that pick from the Kings ends up conveying as a mid-first rounder instead of two 2nds, it will become easier to stomach for me. I feel like there's a pretty decent chance that the Kings make the playoffs in 2024 or the play-in in either 2025 or 2026, so I like our chances of getting it. Obviously doesn't help us any right now though. 

I hope Trae starts to settle into games more, starting tonight. He seems to be forcing the issue early on way more than he has in the past, and it's generally not working out well. It's particularly bad in that 4-5 minute stretch to end the quarter after Dejounte goes to the bench--yet another reason Bogi can't come back soon enough. Feels like Trae views himself as the only offensive option when he's on the court with OO, JJ, Holiday, etc. 

Edited by Expert Poster

Atlanta teams just outright refuse to make these things easy lol. 

Disappointing to squander a fairly big lead late, then almost squander OT, but I'll take a learning experience in a win vs. a learning experience in a loss. 

Dejounte was clutch, and Trae finally started to capitalize on the passing opportunities that his offensive threat creates.