November Game Thread 2022

jayu70

Just now, Expert Poster said:

Seems like he's got some sort of mental block right now. His defense is still superb, but way too many offensive miscues and he can't make an open 3 to save his life. 

He's either missing an open 3 or passing on an open mid range to drive and miss at the rim. Defense is where most of his value is right now and I'm sure that's the only reason he's in the closing lineup. His trade value has really tanked though with how much he's regressed offensively this year despite improved defense. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

He's either missing an open 3 or passing on an open mid range to drive and miss at the rim. Defense is where most of his value is right now and I'm sure that's the only reason he's in the closing lineup. His trade value has really tanked though with how much he's regressed offensively this year despite improved defense. 

He's been pretty effective on post-ups, but we so seldom use him in that capacity that I'm starting to become more open to the idea of trading him for more of a traditional 3-and-D type PF. Sadly it seems like that's how we're trying to use him anyway... if we're going to miscast him, we may as well trade him for someone who actually fits the role instead. 

Someone like Jae Crawford alone would not be nearly enough, but perhaps there's a three-way deal that could yield Crawford (or someone comparable) and another quality shooter off the bench.