#1 Tennessee vs #3 Georgia

Carter

7 minutes ago, fuego said:

Yeah, but think  of the lack of having a brain to actually post that after we beat them and had the very thing they said we didn't have as one responder said "drunk over a win over a 4-5 (now 4-6) SEC cellar-dweller..." lol

Then in a response to the GA fan's post, he comes back and says 'I think most would agree with me...'

I had said earlier in this thread "I imagine there is a Tennessee fan or more on their board right now saying since they beat Missouri handily and MIssouri gave us a problem then Tennessee is better than Georgia even though we put a beat down on them." This is even worse. lol.

The mods cleaned that thread up. Apparently calling them meth addicts and waterheads was just too much.

17 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am not sure the committee puts in a pac12 champ over their Tennessee darling.

They will if it's a 1 loss USC team, that's the only way though. 

UGA = in

Winner of OSU vs Mich is in

An undefeated TCU would be in. A 1 loss TCU conference champ almost definitely not be in.

A 1 loss USC conference champ would be in. Barring that scenario, the PAC 12 is out. 

TEN would likely be first in line if TCU or USC drop out. But if the OSU/Mich loser is in a very close game, they could leapfrog TEN down the stretch.

The likeliest scenario is at least one of TCU or USC end up dropping the ball, opening a spot for one (or both) of TEN or a 1-loss USU/Mich.

And another one. 😂

Just so you all know, the entire SEC especially LSU and UGA are praying that we don't make the playoffs

"I truly believe that neither one of those teams want to play us again this year."

And more reasonable fans:

"I'll also be honest and say i think UGa would beat UT handily again if they played again. They have five stars backing up five stars. And UT’s secondary play is still awful. They **** well should win the NC every year. Just as Saban pretty much should have. Bama still has five stars backing up five stars with a heisman qb and is just “pretty good” this year."

https://www.volnation.com/forum/threads/just-so-you-all-know-the-entire-sec-especially-lsu-and-uga-are-praying-that-we-dont-make-the-playoffs.347946/

A couple of good points about TN in this 'Saturday Down South' article 10 things I'm absolutely overreacting to after Week 11 in the SEC.

9. Tennessee vs. TCU for No. 4

Vols fans, I understand the angst. To a point.

But you had your chance. You were absolutely convinced you weren’t just going to beat Georgia. You were going to deliver a double-digit beatdown. Heck, I thought the Vols would win, too.

Keeping that margin to 14 mattered and it’s the biggest reason the Vols stayed ahead Oregon in the most recent Playoff rankings. But don’t kid yourself. The Georgia game wasn’t close. And I certainly didn’t see anything that led me to believe a potential Round 2 would end any better or different.

Advantage, TCU.

The unknown always offers more intrigue than the known.

But don’t think this is a charity act, either. TCU has 5 quality wins over then-ranked teams — including Saturday night’s 17-10 win at rival Texas.

Was it dominant? Not really.

Was it good enough to stay at No. 4 in next Tuesday’s rankings? Absolutely.

8. By scoring 66, Tennessee just showed … exactly how dominant Georgia is

Tennessee set a program record Saturday, scoring 66 against Mizzou — the most any Vols team has scored against any SEC team.

It was every bit as impressive as you would think. Vols fans, no doubt, pointed to this most recent pummeling as evidence that Week 10 was simply a bad day in bad weather.

Please don’t.

Tennessee’s offense isn’t “back” because it was never broken.

They ran into the best defense in college football — by a wide, wide margin. All that Saturday proved is that the Vols still are a threat to hang 50 on everybody not named Georgia.

It was not proof that they could get anywhere close to 30 against the Dawgs, if a rematch presents itself in the College Football Playoff.

7. Georgia vs. LSU will set the point-spread record for an SEC title game …

… And Georgia still might cover.

The largest opening line, by the way, was Alabama (-23.5) vs. Florida in the 2016 SEC title game. Alabama won by 38.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-things-im-absolutely-overreacting-to-after-week-11-in-the-sec-3/?mc_cid=4f2cdfc695&mc_eid=9c20eb37dc

36 minutes ago, fuego said:

A couple of good points about TN in this 'Saturday Down South' article 10 things I'm absolutely overreacting to after Week 11 in the SEC.

But you had your chance. You were absolutely convinced you weren’t just going to beat Georgia. You were going to deliver a double-digit beatdown. Heck, I thought the Vols would win, too.

Keeping that margin to 14 mattered and it’s the biggest reason the Vols stayed ahead Oregon in the most recent Playoff rankings. But don’t kid yourself. The Georgia game wasn’t close. And I certainly didn’t see anything that led me to believe a potential Round 2 would end any better or different.

Advantage, TCU.

But don’t think this is a charity act, either. TCU has 5 quality wins over then-ranked teams — including Saturday night’s 17-10 win at rival Texas.

Tennessee set a program record Saturday, scoring 66 against Mizzou — the most any Vols team has scored against any SEC team.

It was every bit as impressive as you would think. Vols fans, no doubt, pointed to this most recent pummeling as evidence that Week 10 was simply a bad day in bad weather.

Please don’t.

They ran into the best defense in college football — by a wide, wide margin. All that Saturday proved is that the Vols still are a threat to hang 50 on everybody not named Georgia.

It was not proof that they could get anywhere close to 30 against the Dawgs, if a rematch presents itself in the College Football Playoff.

The largest opening line, by the way, was Alabama (-23.5) vs. Florida in the 2016 SEC title game. Alabama won by 38.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-things-im-absolutely-overreacting-to-after-week-11-in-the-sec-3/?mc_cid=4f2cdfc695&mc_eid=9c20eb37dc

As much as I respected Mark Richt, he was never getting the dawgs to this point.

1 hour ago, fuego said:

Advantage, TCU.

Please don’t.

#8 above.

EXACTLY!

On 11/12/2022 at 11:56 PM, SacFalcFan said:

I am not sure the committee puts in a pac12 champ over their Tennessee darling.

if i were TN id be concerned with usc.  i guess they play their championship if they beat ucla.  but then who would they face?