Matt Ryan Benched

Someday soon

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

Screams desperation by Reich.  Ryan hasn’t played well, but neither has the line or any kind of run game. 

Gotta take those chances when you feel you have atleast some parts of the team, ready to win now. Don’t you think?

1 minute ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Why would Ryan pick to be a falcon film reviewer? 

He’ll be on a major network making millions lol if he wants. Or he’ll go raise his boys 

Oh I'm sure he'll have his options.

I just thought it would be cool to see him doing stuff like that for the Falcons.

And let's be honest. It's not like he needs the money.... ever.... again.... or his kids..... or their kids.....

Unless he wants them to go to college. Who knows how much that will cost by the time their old enough.

Very sad to see his career end this way. Couldn't even make it to the half way of the season and now a 3rd String behind Foles. I really hoped he would have passed Rivers and Big Ben and the all-time passing yards list this season, he was on pace for that. Now it doesn't look good that he ever will. 

That didn't go well... Tbh, I didn't see him struggling like this. I think the writing as been on the wall for a few seasons though. He's really lost a lot of velocity in the past few. I feel bad for the guy, but as they say "father time is undefeated" outside of the INTs, he really wasn't playing any worse than ARod or Brady.

5 minutes ago, Rings said:

Screams desperation by Reich.  Ryan hasn’t played well, but neither has the line or any kind of run game. 

I’m talking with a buddy of mine right now that is a huge colts fan and he was ecstatic to get Matt. Based on his commentary it sounds like their offensive line went to 💩 and that offense isn’t clicking as a result. Sucks that this man has hardly ever had a good o line 

Edited by A Dog Named Brian

Was not a fan of Ehlinger when he played for texas. Colts fans have been wanting to see him play and are excited for him. Personally, I think the colts season is gonna go down the gutter unless JT gets it going again. Which he actually did last week but Reich would not give him any carries. If anything, I agree with other thinking Reich is gonna be fired by the end of the year. 

Just now, RING OF HONOR said:

All those Matt Ryan nutt huggers who said we made a grave mistake and should be ashamed of ourselves......

I forgive you🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think he was done a bit dirty here.  Yes he got paid, handsomely, but the man played his heart out here for 15 years.  I will never be ashamed of talking about how he was treated.  And I was on Team Dorsey back in the day.  

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Was not a fan of Ehlinger when he played for texas. Colts fans have been wanting to see him play and are excited for him. Personally, I think the colts season is gonna go down the gutter unless JT gets it going again. Which he actually did last week but Reich would not give him any carries. If anything, I agree with other thinking Reich is gonna be fired by the end of the year. 

Go watch him in the preseason. Yes I know, preseason. but the kid can play. A lot on these boards liked him late. He has his limitations but he is a gamer

1 minute ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

I’m talking with a buddy of mine right now that is a huge colts fan and he was ecstatic to get Matt. Based on his commentary it sounds like their offensive line went to 💩 and that offense isn’t clicking as a result. Sucks that this man has hardly ever had a good o line 

Their o-line has honestly been worse than ours which says a lot. The amount of free rushers, whether it be against the run or pass, they have allowed is ridiculous. 

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

Go watch him in the preseason. Yes I know, preseason. but the kid can play. A lot on these boards liked him late. He has his limitations but he is a gamer

Yeah, I get his hype from colts fans is mostly from preseason. I’ll believe it when I see it in real games. 

2 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

My brother in law is a Colts guy.  Loved the trade.  Said that the team has regressed a bit from where they thought they would be.  Line has been trash, the running game is not there.  MR is just not mobile enough to deal with the porous line.  He thinks Ehlinger may be a kind of Mariota shot, change of pace guy.  

3 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Yea they should pass it 15 times a game like we do LOL

If I had Jonathan Taylor that's exactly what I'd do..... Passing 40 times a game for 200 yards isn't doing much for them. We on the other hand have Pitts and London and a 5th round rb.... We do the opposite of what we're drafted for and it makes no sense

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Actually makes sense. Line sucks so put a mobile guy in instead of Ryan who can't move. Should help the running game too

Sam isn’t even pegged as a mobile qb. Dude ran in the 4.8s at the combine. Sure he should be better than Ryan in terms of mobility but that’s not saying a lot.

2 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

All those Matt Ryan nutt huggers who said we made a grave mistake and should be ashamed of ourselves......

I forgive you🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Falcons are 3-4 and can’t pass it more than 15 times a game bc out QB sucks balls and we have 60m in dead cap.. after they tried selling the farm to get a guy who would have been suspended the first 11 games.

wrong hill to die on.

could you imagine how bad we would have been had we given up all our draft picks for Deshaun? We’d probably be looking at 0-11 without a 1st round pick lmao.