Jump to content

Matt Ryan Benched


Someday soon
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Image

I feel bad for him and not all of this is his fault but you cannot excuse this either.

enjoy retirement. sad we as fans won't get to give him a standing ovation one last time in uniform. Was hoping we would be able to next year.

Yes, the decline was obvious this year. Looking back, it started last year in a noticeable way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

He doesn’t play defense. And I’ve never said he was “elite”. And they’ve all had bad games.

https://www.quora.com/What-was-Peyton-Manning-s-worst-game-of-all-time

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-10-15-sp-3493-story.html

https://www.westword.com/news/worst-five-super-bowl-performances-of-all-time-include-john-elway-5881263

It’s utter nonsense on your inconsistency argument. Ryan had his shortcomings, but he’ll go down as one of the most consistently good QBs in nfl history. 

I just said it wasn’t all on him but he was on those teams. You can’t just ignore those games, 

Ryan is a great QB I said that but he would have great games then historically bad games or the team would have a monumental collapse.  Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc did not have those kind of games that often 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, caponine said:

I just said it wasn’t all on him but he was on those teams. You can’t just ignore those games, 

Ryan is a great QB I said that but he would have great games then historically bad games or the team would have a monumental collapse.  Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, etc did not have those kind of games that often 

You brought up playoffs earlier. Where is manning on this list? And who is Brady (17) and Brees (10) looking up at #5?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm
 

The stats certainly don’t back you up.  Maybe just maybe those “monumental collapses” you speak to was because of bad defenses and questionable situational coaching, not the QBs fault?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Yup. People act like Ryan was so ‘under appreciated’ here in Atlanta. A very small percentage of people disliked/under appreciated Ryan. The vast majority supported him. I’m not entirely sure why people create false narratives to try and paint a picture that Ryan was some sort of perpetual underdog. 

EVERY WEEK there was about 20 threads praising Matt Ryan.  In fact the board should have been renamed TAMR.  Talk about Matt Ryan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

EVERY WEEK there was about 20 threads praising Matt Ryan.  In fact the board should have been renamed TAMR.  Talk about Matt Ryan.

20 threads is a bit hyperbolic but I agree there were at least 3 to every one ‘hater’ thread. Unfortunately nuanced discussions weren’t a thing with Ryan. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

You brought up playoffs earlier. Where is manning on this list? And who is Brady (17) and Brees (10) looking up at #5?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_career_playoffs.htm
 

The stats certainly don’t back you up.  Maybe just maybe those “monumental collapses” you speak to was because of bad defenses and questionable situational coaching, not the QBs fault?

You’re only using stats for your argument when it’s not that black and white 

Again I didn’t say it was all on him but he was a part of those team. As the QB you’re the leader, when there is adversity the qb is suppose to be able to lead the team. There are other factors absolutely but absolving Ryan of blame is insane. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m really looking forward to seeing what Sam can do. He’s pretty chippy, he’s smart. He can throw the crap out of the ball. 
 

He’s a local kid and given his circumstances I can’t help hoping he succeeds. He’s had a lot of tragedy in his life, more than I’d ever wish on an enemy. You can look it up if you want. 
 

While I hate the way Ryan has gone out I can’t help secretly rooting for Sam. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I said it in TATF, but imagine Ryan coming back to Atlanta to be the backup/mentor to Ridder in 2023. I highly doubt he wants to keep moving his family around and Atlanta is 'home' to his them at this point. His football IQ has never been in question and he's a pro's pro, it would be great for Ridder. Plus, he's owed $12M by the Colts in 2023 so he can be signed for cheap. 

Not saying it's going to happen, just a thought. Of course, this is me being a biased Falcons fan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, dirtybirds233 said:

I said it in TATF, but imagine Ryan coming back to Atlanta to be the backup/mentor to Ridder in 2023. I highly doubt he wants to keep moving his family around and Atlanta is 'home' to his them at this point. His football IQ has never been in question and he's a pro's pro, it would be great for Ridder. Plus, he's owed $12M by the Colts in 2023 so he can be signed for cheap. 

Not saying it's going to happen, just a thought. Of course, this is me being a biased Falcons fan.

That wouldn't come close to happening and honestly doesn't need to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, dirtybirds233 said:

I said it in TATF, but imagine Ryan coming back to Atlanta to be the backup/mentor to Ridder in 2023. I highly doubt he wants to keep moving his family around and Atlanta is 'home' to his them at this point. His football IQ has never been in question and he's a pro's pro, it would be great for Ridder. Plus, he's owed $12M by the Colts in 2023 so he can be signed for cheap. 

Not saying it's going to happen, just a thought. Of course, this is me being a biased Falcons fan.

It would almost be like Matt Schaub coming back to help "coach" Ryan on Shanahan's offense as a backup.  They went to the Super Bowl that first season.

As a biased Falcon fan, there are certainly worse circumstances that could occur.  I would want it just to have the Colts paying his salary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2022 at 2:04 PM, Killing Floor said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing what Sam can do. He’s pretty chippy, he’s smart. He can throw the crap out of the ball. 
 

He’s a local kid and given his circumstances I can’t help hoping he succeeds. He’s had a lot of tragedy in his life, more than I’d ever wish on an enemy. You can look it up if you want. 
 

While I hate the way Ryan has gone out I can’t help secretly rooting for Sam. 

I’m pretty sure he’s chippy after getting sacked 9X today, my man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, dirtybirds233 said:

Frank Reich fired as the Colts HC. 

What a **** show. 

Well that's what happens when you start scapegoating guys.

And to be fair to him I don't think it was necessarily him scapegoating Ryan or the OC.

I think that all comes from Irsay 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Well that's what happens when you start scapegoating guys.

And to be fair to him I don't think it was necessarily him scapegoating Ryan or the OC.

I think that all comes from Irsay 

Didn't Reich say it was the Colts that 'didn't live up to' what they sold Ryan? But I agree about Irsay. 

Anyways, one of my good friends is a diehard Colts fan and said yesterday 'Ryan wasn't the issue, but Ryan wasn't going be the solution either.' I think that sums it up fairly well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...