Matt Ryan Benched

Someday soon

28 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It doesn't matter what's on paper.... The fact is the offensive line for the Colts sucked with Carson Wentz.

It Sucked for Matt Ryan 

And it's more than likely going to suck for the new kid.

And are you really going to try to tell me that the offense wouldn't be far more balanced with Ryan at quarterback?

Would some of the running aspects of the offense be different,?

Absolutely.

But the passing game would be significantly better.

If Ryan got the amount of pocket time that Mariota is getting right now then we would have a top 5 passing game with him.

And yet Wentz put up a positive TD to Interception ratio. He wasn’t a world beater but a glorified game manager.

Smith’s scheme is geared towards a mobile QB. That’s his optimized QB archetype. Smith was also known as a run first OC. We are a running football team. Those two aspects work synergistically with one another. So having a non-mobile, diminished arm, old QB wouldn’t benefit this system in any way. Our passing game wouldn’t be “significantly better” it would minimally better but our total offensive output would take a hit.

Last part is categorically inaccurate. Mariota is able to buy time in the pocket with his ability to extend the play. There have been numerous plays where we’ve seen that. That number is accounted for in the ‘time to throw’ metric. Ryan doesn’t have the ability to extend the play in the same fashion or keep defenses guessing on who is going to run the ball. We would be in a significantly worse position offensively with Ryan.

Does playing Mariota leaving points on the table? Yes.

Would we be leaving more points on the table with Ryan? Absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

None of those players looked like straight trash like Ryan has this year. He wanted to trade Tom Brady before he declined in play. This is a fact that Boston reporters have mentioned countless times. Unless you’re saying you know more than the Boston reporters that actually covers the team and has Patriots sources🤔

You are starting with the premise that Ryan looked like straight trash....

Because that is so wrong everything else you're saying is completely irrelevant.

Especially considering how bad Randy Moss looked as a raider.

But back to Matt. He did have a lot of turnovers which is partially related to getting hit so much but despite that he is still was having a very strong season and he is maybe the biggest reason why the Colts are still in the hunt for playoff position.

He technically has a better record as a starter for the Colts then the Falcons do. (.500 vs .429)

And had his kicker made a kick he would have led the Colts to four wins.

Again this move was done by a very impatient owner...that is it.

Just now, youngbloodz said:

Yeah some actually thought the Colts were Super Bowl contenders once Matt was traded there😂😂😂

I tried to tell em ... they didn't listen....

"Im glad Matt is going to get a chance to win a Superbowl"...

**** Matt....I don't support players not on the team...

My loyalty is with the team....

So all y'all Matt Lovers with your pillows....and your alarm clock that says get ******* set......

Bye -you

9 minutes ago, HEIST said:

I feel like it's pretty clear based on the last 2 years that Matt wouldn't be a difference making upgrade over Mariota for us.

And at least with Mariota, we get to see a rough draft of what the team will look like when Ridder (or someone else potentially) takes over.

Great points.

Just now, falconsd56 said:

Because that is so wrong everything else you're saying is completely irrelevant.

But back to Matt. He did have a lot of turnovers which is partially related to getting hit so much but despite that he is still was having a very strong season and he is maybe the biggest reason why the Colts are still in the hunt for playoff position.

He technically has a better record as a starter for the Colts then the Falcons do. (.500 vs .429)

He does look like trash compared to Matt Ryan standards. Just like Tom Brady looks like trash compared to his standards. Just like Rodgers looks like trash compared to his standards. You keep making up all these excuses. I bet you don’t blame him at all for anything. Randy played two years in Oakland and looked disinterested. Everyone said it. He looked like he didn’t care about football. But once he got to NE he looked like he cared again. I see you ignored the comments about the Boston reporters lol. Good job. And anyone with half a clue about football thought the Colts would have a better record this year than the Falcons. Colts went 9-8 last year with Wentz. While Matt Ryan was leading the Falcons to their 4th straight losing season 

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Ryan wasn’t playing well at all. Was he “trash”? No. Here’s a thread dedicated to the same premise as this one.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/74226-matt-ryan-benched-for-sam-merge/

A lot agree that he wasn’t playing well.

The Randy Moss comparison is really bad. Moss wasn’t playing well due to lack of ability; he wasn’t playing well because he didn’t care. Ryan isn’t playing well due in part to his age and physical skills. That’s a fact.

You blaming that tie solely on the kicker is showing your bias. Ryan played poorly that game. He had 4 fumbles and one lost (which I believe they were in scoring position). Not to mention that missed FG wasn’t a chip shot. The positioning of the ball wasn’t ideal either. In the final play before that attempt, they were on the left hash mark. Ryan scrambles to the right hash mark, doesn’t throw it away, and takes a sack for a loss. Which makes the FG even more difficult in terms of length and positioning. That game was a train wreck but there were numerous plays that got them into that position. Not just the missed FG. 

17 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

I tried to tell em ... they didn't listen....

"Im glad Matt is going to get a chance to win a Superbowl"...

**** Matt....I don't support players not on the team...

My loyalty is with the team....

So all y'all Matt Lovers with your pillows....and your alarm clock that says get ******* set......

Bye -you

Dude that’s weird AF in its own right. Do you have a brand tattoo as well to prove your diehard allegiance to ONLY DA FALCONS?

ps players make up the team. Without them you have a logo and nothing more

57 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

It doesn't matter what's on paper.... The fact is the offensive line for the Colts sucked with Carson Wentz.

It Sucked for Matt Ryan 

And it's more than likely going to suck for the new kid.

And are you really going to try to tell me that the offense wouldn't be far more balanced with Ryan at quarterback?

Would some of the running aspects of the offense be different,?

Absolutely.

But the passing game would be significantly better.

If Ryan got the amount of pocket time that Mariota is getting right now then we would have a top 5 passing game with him.

The Indy offense this season looked like last year's Atlanta Falcons offense, lots of passing yards but nothing to show for it.  There is only 1 common denominator but people do not want to acknowlege it. 

13 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Ryan wasn’t playing well at all. Was he “trash”? No. Here’s a thread dedicated to the same premise as this one.

https://forums.colts.com/topic/74226-matt-ryan-benched-for-sam-merge/

A lot agree that he wasn’t playing well.

The Randy Moss comparison is really bad. Moss wasn’t playing well due to lack of ability; he wasn’t playing well because he didn’t care. Ryan isn’t playing well due in part to his age and physical skills. That’s a fact.

You blaming that tie solely on the kicker is showing your bias. Ryan played poorly that game. He had 4 fumbles and one lost (which I believe they were in scoring position). Not to mention that missed FG wasn’t a chip shot. The positioning of the ball wasn’t ideal either. In the final play before that attempt, they were on the left hash mark. Ryan scrambles to the right hash mark, doesn’t throw it away, and takes a sack for a loss. Which makes the FG even more difficult in terms of length and positioning. That game was a train wreck but there were numerous plays that got them into that position. Not just the missed FG. 

No offense and not here to argue about Ryan, but why should I think that the   posters on the colts board are any more knowledgeable about football than the general population here?

Just now, falconidae said:

No offense and not here to argue about Ryan, but why should I think that the   posters on the colts board are any more knowledgeable about football than the general population here?

Considering they probably watch and follow the Colts more closely, they would be more knowledgeable about the Colts than the average Falcon fan. It’s still with a grain of salt but a there’s a resounding sentiment on both boards that Ryan hasn’t played well. 

4 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Considering they probably watch and follow the Colts more closely, they would be more knowledgeable about the Colts than the average Falcon fan. It’s still with a grain of salt but a there’s a resounding sentiment on both boards that Ryan hasn’t played well. 

Exactly. Not everyone can ball out until they’re 40 like Brady. 

2 minutes ago, Brookings said:

I believe that there are at least ten edge rushers in the league are more upset than MR2. They were counting on those three MR2 sacks this year to get thier bonus money. MR2 already made over $200M. He'll be alright!

Over 269 mil.  Also betting that he's saved a good chunk of that. his kids and grandkids will never have to worry about money.