Should Ridder start next week and beyond?

Should Ridder be the starter?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ridder be the starter?

• Yes
    • No

We’re still in position to lead the division. You just don’t make a switch for the rest of the season if you’re in position to possibly make the playoffs. Mariotta is not the  reason for the loss yesterday. The defense gave up 2 games worth of stats yesterday. Y’all starting the same thing you used to do with Matt. Defense gives up 40 points? It’s Matt’s fault we didn’t score 41. Like 38 wasn’t enough to win an nfl game 😂

🛑 IT

12 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

There are plenty of RIdder threads, and this comes from a start Ridder since week 2 Stan lol. No need to rehash the topic. 

I personally think polls are underused on TATF. The result may be interesting and give us some sense of the fan base.

Just now, TheFatboi said:

We’re still in position to lead the division. You just don’t make a switch for the rest of the season if you’re in position to possibly make the playoffs. Mariotta is not the  reason for the loss yesterday. The defense gave up 2 games worth of stats yesterday. Y’all starting the same thing you used to do with Matt. Defense gives up 40 points? It’s Matt’s fault we didn’t score 41. 38 wasn’t enough to win an nfl game 😂

🛑 IT

Except the offense only scored 17 points. Just because the defense was dreadful doesn't mean the offense wasn't equally as bad. 17 points is rarely going to win an NFL game nor is giving up 35. 

Just look at the last 4 games. The offense averages only 19 PPG (removing the defensive TD against the 49ers) while the defense has given up 22.5 PPG. Better put, yesterday was an outlier for the defense while it was the norm for the offense.

34 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

We’re still in position to lead the division. You just don’t make a switch for the rest of the season if you’re in position to possibly make the playoffs. Mariotta is not the  reason for the loss yesterday. The defense gave up 2 games worth of stats yesterday. Y’all starting the same thing you used to do with Matt. Defense gives up 40 points? It’s Matt’s fault we didn’t score 41. 38 wasn’t enough to win an nfl game 😂

🛑 IT

the nfc sucks nobody will be out of contention until the last few weeks

59 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

🛑 IT

You can have multiple reasons that we didn't win.  The defense getting roasted is true, while Mariota is trash and had like 60% of his total yards on a single play.  I'd argue you do make the switch BECAUSE you're in position to make the playoffs.  

If you’ve given up on a playoff push then yes I understand where you’re coming from. Me personally I want us to make a playoff push and we’re in good position in the division. This division is up for grabs this year. So no I don’t make a switch until we are Mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Do y’all really think a rookie is gonna come in a game like yesterday and battle us back against burrows, chase, Higgins, and Boyd, while missing AJ and Hayward ??!! It probably would’ve been a worse because you can bet your bottom DOLLAR he would’ve made a mistake. Or TWO or THREE. 

We ain’t even a passing team like that. We are built to play with a lead and milk the clock pounding the 🪨. I knew the game was out of hand when it was 14-0. And y’all really think Ridder was gonna come in a road game and bring us back?

Don’t get it twisted I like Ridder and I’m not a Mariota fanboy but Ridder ain’t what Matt was as a rookie. If he was he would’ve been a 1st rounder GUARANTEED!! Now that’s not saying he won’t be a star but he ain’t as ready as Matt was as a rookie. 

If we win next week watch how errbody gon be all on Mariota again. I’m curious to what everybody thinks Ridder would’ve done differently? If you know anything about football NOBODY is gonna let Kyle Pitts beat then 1st and foremost so they will take him away. Second London has made a case to be taken away. So we’ll take our chances with OZ and Byrd. 

And the main thing is our line still sucks at pass pro. If we get behind and have to PASS to catch up it’s gonna look how it looked yesterday with a decent defense. And y’all think Ridder would make a difference?? Cmon man. Get out ya feelings and use logic. I don’t wanna see Ridder yet until 

a) Mariota stinks up a game so bad he gets pulled 

b) we get mathematically eliminated from playoff contention 

This ain’t college football where clemsons starter can get pulled and the rest of the team is so talented the backup can come in and pull off a victory fellas. No matter how bad or good an nfl team is the talent level is EVEN across the board.

No one team is just overwhelmingly more talented than another in the nfl like in college. That’s why some of y’all get disappointed when a stud in college looks average in the nfl. Cause guess what? HE IS average now cause EVERYBODY is talented. It’s only a handful that are just head and shoulders above others. 

Seriously, not yet.  Someone in this division will have to go on a tear besides us for that to happen.  As long as the division is in play, they're going with the guy who has had us in 6/7 games.

And they should, unless and until Ridder is showing in practice that he's surpassed what Mariota brings to the table (and that's hard to show in practice).

Ridder will start at some point this season I'd bet.  But it will be when Mariota gets hurt or we're out of playoff contention.

2 hours ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Had Artie on the phone, as soon as I touched on this topic he hung up on me. 

Sorry y’all, there’s only so much I can do…. 

I'm surprised he didn't tell you how excited you would have been to see Ridder hand off the ball a few times at the end of the game before he hung it up...