Week 8 Games/Upsets

Spts1

Kirk Ferentz is got an interesting situation on his hands. The offense is historically bad and the OC is his son. People are calling for heads to roll and a real OC and the natives are very restless. Iowa is 3-4 and they've scored a grand total of 98 points this year, 27 of that was against Nevada. They are dead last in FBS football

15 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Kirk Ferentz is got an interesting situation on his hands. The offense is historically bad and the OC is his son. People are calling for heads to roll and a real OC and the natives are very restless. Iowa is 3-4 and they've scored a grand total of 98 points this year, 27 of that was against Nevada. They are dead last in FBS football

They can blame his son all they want, but every time I have seen Iowa play that oline is atrocious.  I keep seeing sack after sack, qb hurry after qb hurry.  The one thing with a kirk ferentz coached team you would see them have a great offensive line.  That is no longer the case.  Kirk can bring in a new OC, but honestly I think the real issue is the guy at the top and the evaluation of the staff.  They are not bringing in the quality of player they used to.  it's a shame that defense doesn't have an offense that is at the very least average.   

16 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

They can blame his son all they want, but every time I have seen Iowa play that oline is atrocious.  I keep seeing sack after sack, qb hurry after qb hurry.  The one thing with a kirk ferentz coached team you would see them have a great offensive line.  That is no longer the case.  Kirk can bring in a new OC, but honestly I think the real issue is the guy at the top and the evaluation of the staff.  They are not bringing in the quality of player they used to.  it's a shame that defense doesn't have an offense that is at the very least average.   

Yeah, the good Iowa teams were always great upfront and would pound you with a big strong RB. This is a mess of a team, Kirk has a $42M buyout, I don't see Iowa paying that so it would probably take him retiring and maybe its time for him to walk away. He is nearly 70 years old. 

4 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah, the good Iowa teams were always great upfront and would pound you with a big strong RB. This is a mess of a team, Kirk has a $42M buyout, I don't see Iowa paying that so it would probably take him retiring and maybe its time for him to walk away. He is nearly 70 years old. 

I was just so surprised seeing how bad and the lack of talent they have on the offensive line and rb this year.  That qb is being hammered time after time as soon as he goes back to throw the ball.  I agree with that type of buyout Kirk has to leave on his own and I doubt he does even at 70.  He will probably make a few staff changes and possibly dive into the portal a lot more to help offset his staff's failure at player evaluations.