It's Game Day! October Game Thread 2022

jayu70

The Rockets are a scrappy team that I expect to hang around against a lot of good teams. Probably won't win too many games, but they're sort of of similar to the Hawks about three years ago with so many talented young players. Really, the whole league is loaded with talent this year, outside the few tanking teams. 

Had to grind this one out, but I love to see 30 assists on 45 made baskets as well as the "big four" all scoring 20+ points. Got a lot of good players on this team to not spread the ball around and get everyone involved. 

That was a really fun game to watch the other night. DM's defense was awesome to see. What a great addition to the Hawks. Some things that still bother me though. Trae's shot selection at times is so bad. With the team around him, I believe he needs to take better shots. He'll make more, and he'll still get a lot of opportunities. The other issue is our interior defense is still suspect. Rockets are athletic, but they got to the rim too many times.

2 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

That was a really fun game to watch the other night. DM's defense was awesome to see. What a great addition to the Hawks. Some things that still bother me though. Trae's shot selection at times is so bad. With the team around him, I believe he needs to take better shots. He'll make more, and he'll still get a lot of opportunities. The other issue is our interior defense is still suspect. Rockets are athletic, but they got to the rim too many times.

There were at least 3-4 shots that I went “why did you shoot that Trae?”. I really wanna see us use him off ball more akin to Curry with a bunch of motions and picks to get him open shots rather than just having him and Murray take turns being ball dominant. 

Rough first half, but they started to find a rhythm in the second half. One thing I love about the Trae/Murray combo is that they're both such great facilitators that having off shooting nights doesn't really take them out of the game offensively. It just means more opportunities for guys like JC.

Right now the spacing isn't ideal, but I'm really excited to see what we will look like with a healthy Bogi in the mix. Also have to credit Nate for working the rotations such that JC gets a lot of time with the 2nd unit guys so it's not just Murray trying to carry the offense by himself. 

The Rockets (up by 1 on the Grizz in the 4th as I type) and Magic are talented, hungry young teams, so just pulling out wins while improving the chemistry of the team is big.