Bye Week Dawg Talk

Carter

5 hours ago, Carter said:

This season has been a rollercoaster so far. Bye week comes at a good time, this final stretch is looking tough.

It’s officially Gator Hating time 😤

What's tough about it? We don't play anyone that should come within two TDs of us the rest of the season. And before anyone says Tenn...just no. Not even slightly worried about that team that doesn't play defense. 

7 hours ago, RandomFan said:

What's tough about it? We don't play anyone that should come within two TDs of us the rest of the season. And before anyone says Tenn...just no. Not even slightly worried about that team that doesn't play defense. 

I live in TN and WILL have to move if we lose due to the amount of smack going both ways.

12 hours ago, RandomFan said:

Next 4 games will be a grind no matter what the score is. All 4 games our defense will have to play big, but especially with Tenn at home and @Miss State those QBs are legit and UK is pretty good there too. These guys will be ready to go out and defend that national title after this stretch, we will see some quality competition.

22 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I’m trying to mentally prepare myself for a potential loss. I don’t like it! 😡

Why are you preparing for a potential loss?  We are going to beat florida pretty easily.  Tennessee?  That is the same defense that gave up 455 yards passing to Richardson.  That defense is atrocious.  Mississippi State?  We will give up some yards and points IMO, but we win by a few touchdowns down there.  They can't run the ball at all.  UGA owns Kentucky and I don't see that changing this year with that horrible offensive line.  Georgia Tech?  Can we lose a game sure we can if we turn over the ball and our team doesn't take the opponent seriously, but we are getting healthier and this team should win each game by a few touchdowns.  I am not preparing myself for a loss, but for a lot of great games.  :) JMO

I just see this as a very draining stretch. This team is growing but still very young. I think we can win out…. But if a team like Tennessee or Mississippi get on a roll, it could be tough sledding. I do think if we win out….. everybody will need to watch out. This could be from top to bottom as good…, dare I say even better than last years squad. And with more maturity even better next year. 

I like the confidence, but these games ARE going to be tough. We will know about this teams mental toughness, preparation, and talent after this stretch. 

The biggest worry for me is Tennessee, especially if we are in a dogfight against florida. 

I've seen too many other teams wide receivers open in the secondary with QB that couldn't get them the ball. Hooker is playing out of his mind and if he is on, we are in deep waters. i live in TN as well and if we lose the fans will be horrible to deal with. BTW, there are sooooooooo many "new" vol fans now than in years past. kinda funny. 

Miss St is one of those annoying teams that are figuring out how to win. Leach will have his team ready. 

UK is always a physical game. 

We got this! and no matter what HBTFD!!!!!!!

New fans usually mean band wagon fans. I’ve followed the Dawgs since I was 9 or 10 years old. My grandfather and father both dawg fans. I’ve never left the team and I will never leave till the good Lord takes me. And even then, I hope I can watch them from heaven. 

11 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I just see this as a very draining stretch. This team is growing but still very young. I think we can win out…. But if a team like Tennessee or Mississippi get on a roll, it could be tough sledding. I do think if we win out….. everybody will need to watch out. This could be from top to bottom as good…, dare I say even better than last years squad. And with more maturity even better next year. 

This year's team has struggled at times due to youth.  Even when we dominated Samford, Kirby said this game proves that we are very young and are learning to respect our opponent.  We won that game convincingly, but he saw that our guys didn't come close to playing to our talent level.  You are correct though this 4 game stretch is our toughest this year, but with the bye week happening I don't see it s being draining personally.  The reality is we are playing our toughest games, but we are now at game 8.  All of these young players have had 7 games to get prepared for this tough stretch and there has been a number of humbling the entire team has been through earlier this year.  I think the way this regular ends is all about does this team play up to our talent level?  Our toughest game is tennessee because they will also get back their best wr for our game.  The good thing is their defense is atrocious and we can dominate the LOS.  We also see from how not to play them by looking at the alabama game who were clueless on how to cover wrs.  

Not gonna lie I want to run the ball like Vince is the HC and Richt is the OC, with a healthy rotation featuring Robinson. Once they do that open up passing game to Darnell and Bowers. Washington has **** near caught every pass thrown his and Bowers still needs to get the ball more. Well thats for the Tennessee game for Florida they can probably still experiment, because thats what it seem the season has been so far one big experiment especially offensively. OL was getting into a bit of a groove against Auburn, let them road grade for awhile.

Am I wrong?