LCS Games

For the A

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

I am curious what impact this new format will have on the pitching market. If you don't get a bye, you have to go through the WC and burn your top 2 guys. Teams, like the Mets, used to employ the formula of 2 horses and let's get it in October. Can't really do that so much anymore. You need some strong arms on the back side to round it out especially since they eliminated the second off day. I doubt Cleveland wanted to throw a SP making his playoff debut in Game 5 last night. 

I think it will come down to team philosophy and how they would prefer to build their team. Do they want to spend that money on another top end SP or would they prefer to have a bigger bat in the line up. 

This is one of the least appealing postseasons for me at this point.

I was really hoping that Cleveland would beat the yanks but it was not meant to be.

The cheating stuff is hard to get around to root for Houston, 

The Yankees are still the evil empire

The Phillies are well.......the Phillies so that is a no-go.

And the Padres have a little bit of the Yankee deal going on where they haven't really developed very many of their own players they just go out and spend and trade for them.

I think that is one of the things that I appreciate the most about the Braves is the fact that the vast majority of the team is homegrown.

Either they were drafted by Atlanta or the Braves traded for them when they were still in the minors  and developed them into being the players that they are

On 10/20/2022 at 2:58 PM, falconsd56 said:

This is one of the least appealing postseasons for me at this point.

I was really hoping that Cleveland would beat the yanks but it was not meant to be.

The cheating stuff is hard to get around to root for Houston, 

The Yankees are still the evil empire

The Phillies are well.......the Phillies so that is a no-go.

And the Padres have a little bit of the Yankee deal going on where they haven't really developed very many of their own players they just go out and spend and trade for them.

I think that is one of the things that I appreciate the most about the Braves is the fact that the vast majority of the team is homegrown.

Either they were drafted by Atlanta or the Braves traded for them when they were still in the minors  and developed them into being the players that they are

Agree 100%. 

11 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

A lot of people have been comparing Philly to Atlanta last year. Might be a good comparison. 

I don’t know.  They don’t play good defense, have their superstar available, stumbled into the playoffs, needed a manager change to light a fire. 

Just now, dmite said:

I don’t know.  They don’t play good defense, have their superstar available, and stumbled into the playoffs. 

It's more of they're getting hot at the right time. They just seem to be clicking on all cylinders at the moment 

Just now, Unknøwn said:

It's more of they're getting hot at the right time. They just seem to be clicking on all cylinders at the moment 

That happens a lot in baseball or any pro sport, not unique to the Braves. 

1 hour ago, dmite said:

That happens a lot in baseball or any pro sport, not unique to the Braves. 

Yes, but we're talking baseball. The comparisons being made were last years champion, the Braves, came out of nowhere and won the whole thing. The Phillies seem to be on that path right now. Whether they complete it or not is just the question but it's a similar thing. It's happened before but it's the most recent thing so people have been comparing the two. Like the Braves last year, the Phillies weren't favored to win any series so far. 

7 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Yes, but we're talking baseball. The comparisons being made were last years champion, the Braves, came out of nowhere and won the whole thing. The Phillies seem to be on that path right now. Whether they complete it or not is just the question but it's a similar thing. It's happened before but it's the most recent thing so people have been comparing the two. Like the Braves last year, the Phillies weren't favored to win any series so far. 

It doesn't matter.

Houston probably doesn't lose another game this year.